• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Gruden resigns as Las Vegas Raiders head coach

Not only would a club from a certain city not move to another city for money, they'd A) rather go bankrupt I guess than that.

And B) to show how much a football club from a city values its local fans, take a look at Gelsenkirchen, where its major football club Schalke04 even built a cemetery for their own fans close to their stadium in 2012 - so that their fans are close to the club, the stadium and players even after they have passed away.

Okay, the cemetery thing is a little weird, but a teams loyalty to their city is something to be admired.

No free speech anymore if it offends monorities, eh?

You have all the free speech rights you want. You can email your friends and be a racist prick all day long if it would make you giddy.

What you don't have is the right to tell your employer not to fire you because he doesn't like your words.

Conservatives don't believe in consequences. They are always surprised when they realize there are consequences to their actions.
Maybe that's passed down from generation to generation as they lynched (murdered) people in the South and those conservatives faced no repercussions.

That's ok...you can make it up to me by buying me this jersey:
DUj6efmVQAADcer.jpg
That is brilliant lmao

Those emails have been around for quite some time. I'm surprised they haven't surfaced before now. No due diligence before hiring in Raider land?
Justice Kavanaugh was accused of sexual abuse by a woman who stated she was abused 30 years ago. Why didn't such an accusation surface years ago before now?

"He (Kavanaugh) was previously a United States circuit judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and worked as a staff lawyer for various offices of the federal government."

In Gruden's case, it just wasn't important until now. If no one complained about Gruden for years, then why is it such a big deal now?
People knew those emails existed.

Gruden would have been a terrible distraction for his team.

Coaches have been let go for far worse.

He needs to seek therapy and go away now.
Can you imagine being a player, reading those emails, and then trying to focus on the game as his racist/homophobic coach is trying to hype him up for the game?

Can you imagine being a player, reading those emails, and then trying to focus on the game as his racist/homophobic coach is trying to hype him up for the game?

Nope. I couldn't. I wouldn't work for a jackwagon like that, that's for sure.

And what he said about Goodell? That wouldn't work either.

Justice Kavanaugh was accused of sexual abuse by a woman who stated she was abused 30 years ago. Why didn't such an accusation surface years ago before now?

"He (Kavanaugh) was previously a United States circuit judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and worked as a staff lawyer for various offices of the federal government."

In Gruden's case, it just wasn't important until now. If no one complained about Gruden for years, then why is it such a big deal now?
Oh look, someone else who thinks sending racist and homophobic emails from 3 years ago should be given a free pass.

Maybe that's passed down from generation to generation as they lynched (murdered) people in the South and those conservatives faced no repercussions.
Of course, what's being threatened by social progress on race, sex and gender are direct threats to the superiority they draw from centuries of racial / sexual / gender based oppression. It's why white Christian conservatives think they are being attacked, because they are.

This thread isn't about Kavanaugh. Focus.

Gruden was/is an asshole, period..But IDK if he deserved to be fired over this, I'm guessing there is a LOT more out there, and we're probably hearing just the tip of the iceberg...

But I never liked the guy, just something about him just screamed 'asshole' When he was in the booth I would watch the game but silence the TV and listen to the audio on the radio.

We've all meant/seen people who we just don't like right off the bat.. Grunden's one of those people for me..

Good riddance.
But he was entertaining to a lot of people.
Gruden was on MNF for seven seasons. Someone must have liked him.
MNF is a business and they used Gruden to further the MNF business.
But, your opinion is your opinion. Everybody has one. An opinion, that is.

It was beautiful though. One of the better days to be a Giants fan. That, and beating Tom Brady's ass twice are amongst my favorite memories.
Oh, I remember watching it live.
It was that moment where you went from "Bills won this, too bad Giants" to "Holy shit! He choked!" in the span of 3 seconds.

I don't think he should have resigned. Thats on him, but I wouldn't have.

He said something to the effect of the players representative having lips the size of Michelin tires.
Also says he used "homophobic and misogynous language", well I'd bet there are very few people in the NFL that havent used gutter locker room language of that nature. Frequently.

It was 10 years ago, he apologized for it.

I would have made them fire me or keep me. As coach I just wouldn't say another word about it other than "Ive apologized for that, no further comment on that." But he made his choice as he saw fit.

I don't think he should have resigned. Thats on him, but I wouldn't have.

He said something to the effect of the players representative having lips the size of Michelin tires.
Also says he used "homophobic and misogynous language", well I'd bet there are very few people in the NFL that havent used gutter locker room language of that nature. Frequently.

It was 10 years ago, he apologized for it.

I would have made them fire me or keep me. As coach I just wouldn't say another word about it other than "Ive apologized for that, no further comment on that." But he made his choice as he saw fit.
You don’t honestly think this was a voluntary action by Gruden, do you?

NBC Sports has a little ‘splaining to do, this was before the rest of the e-mails dropped.

They described their experience of Gruden. Tirico said that this situation will be evolving. I'm sure they wouldn't have had the same response today with the updated info. I don't think they need to explain anything as long as they make some updates in their next broadcast.

I guess you were an avid supporter of Steve King?
Not Steve King. Sky King. Billie Jean King, Larry King, Don King, and Stephen King.
And, last but not least, Burger King.

Lighten about.

Tip of the iceberg, imo.

Back
Top Bottom