• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Gruden resigns as Las Vegas Raiders head coach

Pretty wild that conservatives are complaining about people who receive consequences for being openly homophobic / transphobic / racist / misogynistic. GOes to show that the only thing they've always ever been whining about is their ability to openly express those hateful views.
Let's keep this in the right frame. Those emails were back in 2010.

Not necessarily a defense but times have changed since then to be sure.

$$$$$$$$$

That's ridiculous.

Here in Europe, NO football club or club of another sport would go to another city for money (like the Raiders from Oakland to Las Vegas).

That would be such an immoral rebuke of the fans in that city.

Disgusting that such things are even considered and executed in the US.

Back in the early 80's he coached the Chicago Blitz in the USFL. His team worked out in Scottsdale at a closed high school's field right across from the office I worked at. Fun to watch.
He actually graduated from and started his coaching career here locally at a small liberal arts college called Coe College. We have a street near the school named “Marv Levy Way”

i guess when the confederates finally stopped watching the NFL for good (running QBs) they just lost track of the league and the money it prints.
And their NASCAR is getting ruined for them too.

Interesting angle was that Gruden was thought to be able to survive the racist comments and when the homophobic and misogynistic comment were revealed he bailed.

So what. Lemon and Reid and Obama and Sharpton and other blacks rip into white people daily.

Oh really? Let’s see some of these supposed “daily” Obama comments “ripping into white people”. It’s also really telling that you apparently think the existence of Al Sharpton means a white guy being bigoted is totally fine.

Let's keep this in the right frame. Those emails were back in 2010.

Not necessarily a defense but times have changed since then to be sure.
First off, that's not true. It was a string of emails leading up to 2018. The female ref bit was in 2017 for example.

Second, in 2010 you still would've been fired if that stuff was detected.

That's ridiculous.

Here in Europe, NO football club or club of another sport would go to another city for money (like the Raiders from Oakland to Las Vegas).

That would be such an immoral rebuke of the fans in that city.

Disgusting that such things are even considered and executed in the US.

Not only would a club from a certain city not move to another city for money, they'd A) rather go bankrupt I guess than that.

And B) to show how much a football club from a city values its local fans, take a look at Gelsenkirchen, where its major football club Schalke04 even built a cemetery for their own fans close to their stadium in 2012 - so that their fans are close to the club, the stadium and players even after they have passed away.

Oh really? Let’s see some of these supposed “daily” Obama comments “ripping into white people”. It’s also really telling that you apparently think the existence of Al Sharpton means a white guy being bigoted is totally fine.
Not sure it takes the existence of Al Sharpton for him to believe that.

Not only would a club from a certain city not move to another city for money, they'd A) rather go bankrupt I guess than that.

And B) to show how much a football club from a city values its local fans, take a look at Gelsenkirchen, where its major football club even built a cemetery for their own fans close to their stadium in 2012 - so that their fans are close to the club, the stadium and players even after they have passed away.
Do the players act as pallbearers so that they can let their fans down one last time?

:p

And their NASCAR is getting ruined for them too.
i love sports.

i just can't imagine somebody not participating or watching because of skin tone. is there anything more idiotic?

this thread will have a gazillion more posts than the thread about Trump hiding MILLIONS in loses.

crazy, huh?

First off, that's not true. It was a string of emails leading up to 2018. The female ref bit was in 2017 for example.

Second, in 2010 you still would've been fired if that stuff was detected.
I was under the impression that the 2010 emails were common knowledge back then.
I'm not sure about the female refs thing, was it an opinion or did he say something derogatory about females in the general sense? Him not wanting female refs is not, in isolation, misogyny.

Now that I think about it, the assholes are only the elite of the elite as far as coaching goes.

Belichick and Sabin to top the list.

Sabin is a prick, no question.

But you are right. The more elite you are, the more assholish you become. Or in the case of Belichick, given that he was born an asshole, you just escalate the assholery.

I was under the impression that the 2010 emails were common knowledge back then.
I'm not sure about the female refs thing, was it an opinion or did he say something derogatory about females in the general sense? Him not wanting female refs is not, in isolation, misogyny.
You should wait to offer an opinion until after you're better informed. Years of e-mails, lots of derogatory comments, and yes, not wanting referees simply because they are women is the definition of misogyny.

Please wake up.

You should wait to offer an opinion until after you're better informed. Years of e-mails, lots of derogatory comments, and yes, not wanting referees simply because they are women is the definition of misogyny.

Please wake up.
If you have the info (since I assume you are better informed otherwise why post such drivel), please inform me so that I can see it.

this thread will have a gazillion more posts than the thread about Trump hiding MILLIONS in loses.

crazy, huh?
I find the gossip to be a welcome relief from the daily slog…..🤷

I always thought John Gruden was riding high off that Superbowl win and hasn't done much with it since. Yeah the Raiders have made a little noise the past few seasons, but what has he actually done with it?

And for all the highs, he's had some pretty low lows.

1634055508147.png

Back
Top Bottom