• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joining the Armed Forces to Defend What?

No.....there isn’t. If there was there would be Marines in Caracas right now. The fact that Venezuela has been allowed to continue its slow motion collapse is just more evidence that “war for oil” is a blatant lie.
Venezuelan doesn’t have “oil” they have a very heavy form of hydrocarbons more similar to Canada’s tar sands. At present it is not profitable to extract them.

The light oil like in the middle East is far more cost effective and plus so much of it comes out that we cannot let the region soak into total anarchy. It’s not a matter of literally stealing their oil and taking it directly to America, it’s a matter of making sure we have troops in the region and battle groups in the Persian gulf so that we can quickly respond to threats to the world oil flow. If Iran went nuts and tried to mine the strait of Hormuz then oil prices would skyrocket as speculators descend on the market

Venezuelan doesn’t have “oil” they have a very heavy form of hydrocarbons more similar to Canada’s tar sands. At present it is not profitable to extract them.

The light oil like in the middle East is far more cost effective and plus so much of it comes out that we cannot let the region soak into total anarchy. It’s not a matter of literally stealing their oil and taking it directly to America, it’s a matter of making sure we have troops in the region and battle groups in the Persian gulf so that we can quickly respond to threats to the world oil flow. If Iran went nuts and tried to mine the strait of Hormuz then oil prices would skyrocket as speculators descend on the market

The Venezuelan economy was almost entirely reliant on "not oil" before it collapsed, and historically the US has the primary destination of said "not oil", so my point stands

This was being discussed during Obama. When the military was forced to accept homosexuals over the objections of many leaders, then Crossdressers over their objections.

Then just like when they had to take women in over their objections, the officers who rationally opposed these options were purged and politically loyal officers installed. I have no problem with this. Part of me wants to see our military post leftist purges get into a fight with an organized military like China or Russia. Because a military defeat will discredit the regime and likely lead to its downfall.
You realize very few officers and NCOs actually serving cared that gay people were allowed to serve openly. No, of course not, how could you? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom