• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Johnny Depp to play Doctor Who

She was good type of sexed up.

How about Leela, then?
250px-leela.jpg

You're even almost named after her......

Season 5 is the absolute worst one that has come out.
I had to force myself to sit down and watch it, I had the remote with me at all times and fast forwarded what I deemed 'boring bits' (which was just under 20 mins of it)

When Tennant was Doctor, I used to rearrange my schedule to ensure I could watch it when it aired now this :(
I fear what BBC has in store for Doctor Who
If these crap episodes continue, how can BBC justify spending our TV license on this? I'd rather they cancel it and focus on Torchwood

I didnt know you are in the UK :shock: Im in Chicago :2wave:
Anyhow its funny you say you rather see Torchwood. Me too.
Now that Moffet turned Doctor Who into a Sarah Jane Adventure. The production value has dropped by a large amount. Some of the directors are horrible. The scripts were below average.

How many others in the UK that you know of feel the same as you and I?

Last edited:
How about Leela, then?
250px-leela.jpg

You're even almost named after her......

Nah. Too sexed up, I don't mind a little leg or arm. But jeez, shirts people. Shirts.

Torchwood is coming back tho. With RTD!

Last edited:
I didnt know you are in the UK :shock: Im in Chicago :2wave:
Anyhow its funny you say you rather see Torchwood. Me too.
Now that Moffet turned Doctor Who into a Sarah Jane Adventure. The production value has dropped by a large amount. Some of the directors are horrible. The scripts were below average.

How many others in the UK that you know of feel the same as you and I?

Yeah, Hello from UK! :2wave:

I absolutely LOVE Torchwood.
It's my favourite.

Nearly all of my friends and co workers stopped watching at midway and some have complained.
None of my friends like either the companion/doctor/tardis/theme tune/writer.
There is something they are not happy about.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah, Hello from UK! :2wave:

I absolutely LOVE Torchwood.
It's my favourite.

Nearly all of my friends and co workers stopped watching at midway and some have complained.
None of my friends like either the companion/doctor/tardis/theme tune/writer.
There is something they are not happy about.

Opening credits AND new theme are the worst since 1988-1989.
Amy is ok. I think her acting and character is better than Martha / Freema.
TARDIS exterior isnt nearly as cool as the RTD one was. It looks like its made out of plastic.
TARDIS interior is... pretty cool, BUT the console is not cool. Too much stupid **** on it. :roll:
Writers have been poor for the most part.
But what Ive seen, what really screwed things up were the horrible directors and editors.

TARDIS exterior isnt nearly as cool as the RTD one was. It looks like its made out of plastic.
TARDIS interior is... pretty cool, BUT the console is not cool. Too much stupid **** on it. :roll:
But what Ive seen, what really screwed things up were the horrible directors and editors.

I agree.
A **** doctor and brilliant writer I can handle.

Last edited:
The new doctor was growing on me but Tennent was the best imho. The current companion is highly forgettable though.

WHAT??? Are you crazy Amy Pond > Rose, Martha and Donna all together.

After reading through the comments here... I have to ask what planet you people live on??

Matt Smith has taken the role to plaves Tennents protrayal never could, in just one Season that had one bad episode, the best ending, and the funniest yet. RTD gave us the Weeping Angles, but he also gave us the most horrible episode in all of Who... the title eludes me but it had the face in a cements square... you knw the one.

RTD couldn't write his way out of a paper bag. I was glad he was gone and Moffet is taking Who to a better place, I eagerly await the 2011 season. MORE AMY PLEASE!!! Best Companinion this Century.

After his portrayal of Jack Sparrow in the Pirate movies that were often psychedelic and fun i think he could pull off the role of The Dr. given that he has the artistic energy left in him.

After reading through the comments here... I have to ask what planet you people live on??

Matt Smith has taken the role to plaves Tennents protrayal never could, in just one Season that had one bad episode, the best ending, and the funniest yet. RTD gave us the Weeping Angles, but he also gave us the most horrible episode in all of Who... the title eludes me but it had the face in a cements square... you knw the one.

RTD couldn't write his way out of a paper bag. I was glad he was gone and Moffet is taking Who to a better place, I eagerly await the 2011 season. MORE AMY PLEASE!!! Best Companinion this Century.

Well Im glad you liked it better than us. I thought it was pretty bad. 3 solid episodes and then 2 of the worst episodes of New Who and in the bottom 10% of the whole 50 year old series. The rest were average to forgetable for me.

Plus many people thnk Smith isnt that good. He is too much of a skiny geek and just not... cool. I persoanlly think he is OK. Not near Tennant but OK.

Last edited:

Mr. V, after reading through your comments I am getting the idea you are missing out on an important detail or two. We are talking about the ACTOR playing the Doctor, not the actors in the supporting cast, the relative value of one season versus another or the best show runners/writers. Acting wise, for me, the best Doctor will always be Tom Baker. Period. Lots of reasons, mostly to do with the fact that he was the Doctor I sat up late nights tuned into my local PBS (channel 8 in Houston) affiliate with my Dad watching. I'll never forget my dad, after a few Jack Daniels, getting up and imaginary pinching Sarah Jane's booty as he ambled off to bed. Second to Baker in my book is Mr. Tennant. He was sublime, made me laugh and brought serious acting skills as well. I and from the looks of it most of us are not trying to argue best writers, best season , best story arc! Hello McFly?

So don't make me bring up your predictions about the success of Avatar.................;)

Acting wise, for me, the best Doctor will always be Tom Baker. Period.... Second to Baker in my book is Mr. Tennant. He was sublime, made me laugh and brought serious acting skills as well. I and from the looks of it most of us are not trying to argue best writers, best season , best story arc!
Agree - though Tennant took a while for me to warm up to.

So don't make me bring up your predictions about the success of Avatar.................;)
Ouch! Burrnnn... :lol:

Agree - though Tennant took a while for me to warm up to.

Ouch! Burrnnn... :lol:

It's all he has, not a real burn ya know. So I figured most folks wouldn't want to get indoctrinated by Cameron with a predictable love story, evil white people enviromental wacko movie... I had more faith in people... my bad!

I think Sir Lion got confused because I went after other peoples comments about the current cast of Who... I post on another site and like no one prefers Tennent, in fact you get heavily mocked for doing so. So it's catching me off guard all the "Rose, Donna, DAVID" love going on around here.

It's all he has, not a real burn ya know. So I figured most folks wouldn't want to get indoctrinated by Cameron with a predictable love story, evil white people enviromental wacko movie... I had more faith in people... my bad!

I think Sir Lion got confused because I went after other peoples comments about the current cast of Who... I post on another site and like no one prefers Tennent, in fact you get heavily mocked for doing so. So it's catching me off guard all the "Rose, Donna, DAVID" love going on around here.
It was actually meant as a good natured teasing, the topic is a silly Sci-Fi show ya know!;)

But in a serious vein, my opinion of who (pun intended) is and is not the best Doctor is as entirely subjective as everyone else. As such, I could care less what anyone else at another message board thinks about which actor I like best or least while I'm at this board. Jeez, just saying.............:roll:

I like the new opening.. more lightnin n' stuff going on.
Miss Pond is a hottie, even better now that they've killed off her fiance :devil:
The stories and Matt Smith have awkward moments, but hopefully they'll settle in. Overall I'm happy with the product.. heck, am just glad i have a couple of decent scifi shows to watch (Dr.Who and SG:U).

Anyhooo imo the best part about this current season is the new action theme music..

Last edited:
I can NOT believe this!!!!! Ive been a HUGE fan of Doctor Who since 1981!! And now Johnny freakin' Depp is going to be the lead in a Doctor Who MOVIE!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: This is like a birthday AND Xmas present rolled into one! :)

Tor.com / Science fiction and fantasy / Blog posts / Johnny Depp Starring in Big Screen Doctor Who Adaptation?

I can see it working out with Depp playing Doctor Who.Hopefully if they do make an American adaptation of Doctor Who then it takes place in the US and Doctor Who(seeing how he is an alien from outer space then he does not have to be British character in the movie) and all the other characters have an American accent(unless part of the movie takes place in Britain).

I like the new opening.. more lightnin n' stuff going on.
Miss Pond is a hottie, even better now that they've killed off her fiance :devil:
The stories and Matt Smith have awkward moments, but hopefully they'll settle in. Overall I'm happy with the product.. heck, am just glad i have a couple of decent scifi shows to watch (Dr.Who and SG:U).

Anyhooo imo the best part about this current season is the new action theme music..

Rory isn't dead...

If we are messing around with YouTube vids...... he is a weak ZZtop compilation of a REAL Doc! ;) :2razz:

even better.............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom