• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Lewis's Final Fight For Voting Rights In The United States of America

Do you ever find it odd that you can get a credit card online with $50,000 in credit and the card will be at your house in a couple of days yet we act like someone registering and casting a single vote is some double top secret endeavor?

You may act like the above. I don't.

Whats the difference between this and the crap dems want to impose on would be gun owners?
You can't tell the diff between a vote and a gun?

You didn't prove that someone was denying anyone their right to vote.
No, just the GOP saying they can't win without doing it. and now these new voter BS laws just happen to be needed? Even a Trumper should be able to connect those dots.

If in context of the Georgia election integrity and security law recently signed into law, I'd call your statement a fabrication.
The truth is that that law actually increased the number of days / times in which voters could vote. Far more so than the NYS election laws do.
So you gonna call NYS' election laws and rules racist now? Voter suppression? Do please proceed.

Meh. I'm not taking the position that conservatives don't do the same thing, they probably do, but since when does 2 wrongs make a right?
In my post I was being specific to Democrats and the media, in case you hadn't noticed.

As far as 'believing your own Bull shit', that too is far more applicable to the left.

Just recently, Biden made claims about the Georgia election integrity and security law which were rightfully rated as 4 Pinocchios by the left leaning Washington Post, yet: the Democrats and their Dem buzzword parroting media spread it all around as if it were the absolute truth, and all the people of the left still believe that bullshit.

This only the most recent of what has become an exceptionally well worn path since even before the 2016 elections.

'believing your own Bull shit', far more applicable to the left, sorry.
I've read the cherry picked talking points.

As Americans who know the importance of a democracy and the freedom to vote in all of our elections, we should make sure that republicans do not succeed in suppressing our votes any further. We should all be able to vote easily and without fear in our communities. Those who try to stop Americans from voting, are unpatriotic, and fear losing if the voices of all Americans are heard. That is anti-American, and we cannot go backward in this country.

Let’s see: In Georgia they expanded early voting to 17 days (as opposed to 9 in NY), added an extra Saturday - three total - and add the option of two Sunday voting periods, authorized more drop boxes, authorized NO-EXCUSE absentee ballots. Horrible, just horrible. And all they asked was for voters to prove who they are.

Last edited:
No, just the GOP saying they can't win without doing it. and now these new voter BS laws just happen to be needed? Even a Trumper should be able to connect those dots.

Again, you failed to prove anyone is denying another's right to vote...

Let’s see: In Georgia they expanded early voting to 17 days (as opposed to 9 in NY), added an extra Saturday - three total - and add the option of two Sunday voting periods, authorized more drop boxes, authorized NO-EXCUSE absentee ballots. Horrible, just horrible. And all they asked was for voters to prove who they are.
You got your RW talking points email I see.

The right to vote is way, way, way more important than the right to own a gun.

How'd you come to this legal conclusion?

Or is this simply your opinion?

How'd you come to this legal conclusion?

Or is this simply your opinion?

Do you think the right to own a gun is as important as the right to vote?

Do you think the right to own a gun is as important as the right to vote?

What I think or what you think don't matter. Owning a gun and voting are equally protected rights.

Are you bloody kidding us?

The Republicans have been trying to suppress and deny people the right to vote for decades. It's not hidden and even someone like me in the UK knows it's going on and is disgusted.

The "It's not happening" argument is so partisanly blind to reality it would be funny if it wasn't so serious.
Yes, Republicans have been trying to suppress and deny dead people, non-citizens and non-existent people the right to vote for decades.

If it is known there are cracks in election security and integrity, it is an open invitation to engage in elect fraud on a singular or collective personal, political or others people or groups willing to win at all costs. Others might just get too emotionally wrapped up in the election. In fact, elections are decided by 1 vote.

1 illegitimate vote is 1 too many and intolerable. The penalty should be many years in state or federal prison - having in place highly likelihood of detected and then successfully prosecuting those who try regardless of motive or effect.

There should be no basis for tens of millions of Americans - like me - who believe Trump won the election as did Republicans in many other races. Having unstoppable easy ways to engage in election fraud by last-minute making up new voting allowances - even if contrary to state law and constitution is reason for such a belief - when the other party did it.

If it is known there are cracks in election security and integrity, it is an open invitation to engage in elect fraud on a singular or collective personal, political or others people or groups willing to win at all costs. Others might just get too emotionally wrapped up in the election. In fact, elections are decided by 1 vote.

1 illegitimate vote is 1 too many and intolerable. The penalty should be many years in state or federal prison - having in place highly likelihood of detected and then successfully prosecuting those who try regardless of motive or effect.

There should be no basis for tens of millions of Americans - like me - who believe Trump won the election as did Republicans in many other races. Having unstoppable easy ways to engage in election fraud by last-minute making up new voting allowances - even if contrary to state law and constitution is reason for such a belief - when the other party did it.
/// I illegitimate vote is 1 too many and intolerable. /// <---- Then you must be absolutely livid that Trump called Georgia AFTER he lost the 2020 POTUS election by what his own people stated was " the most secure, safe, and accurate" election in U.S. history, and demanded that 11,000 plus 'illegitimate' votes "be found with his name on them." Correct? How many years should Trump get for that blatant attempt to rig the election, that is readily available to be heard on audio?

Last edited:
The right to vote is way, way, way more important than the right to own a gun.
And yet, despite this, you seem to understand that not just ANYONE should allowed to own a gun...that that right is reserved for people who, first and foremost, must have a means of PROVING, on the spot, that they are a US citizen and therefor deserving of such a right.

Not so, apparently, with voting. You'd let any human cast their vote, with virtually no checks against fraud. I can walk into a voting booth and cast a ballot as my wife, or her mother, and there is not one single thing stopping me, other than my own integrity.

And you don't see the disparity between those 2 things as being kinda crazy?

Explain.

And yet, despite this, you seem to understand that not just ANYONE should allowed to own a gun...that that right is reserved for people who, first and foremost, must have a means of PROVING, on the spot, that they are a US citizen and therefor deserving of such a right.

Not so, apparently, with voting. You'd let any human cast their vote, with virtually no checks against fraud. I can walk into a voting booth and cast a ballot as my wife, or her mother, and there is not one single thing stopping me, other than my own integrity.

And you don't see the disparity between those 2 things as being kinda crazy?

Explain.

Just try voting as your wife and see how far you get.
We all want election security but the elections in the US are already secure and Trumps own department of justice stated the last election was the most secure in history.

Please show any evidence that I or anyone else here doesn't want secure elections, I'd honestly love to see it.

Just try voting as your wife and see how far you get.
We all want election security but the elections in the US are already secure and Trumps own department of justice stated the last election was the most secure in history.

Please show any evidence that I or anyone else here doesn't want secure elections, I'd honestly love to see it.
Explain how secure = alone in booth, filling in a name and making my choices, with not even so much as an ID check?

Back
Top Bottom