• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Lennon would be 70 today, but did you know he was a Communiist?

article-1068048-0088B79D00000258-811_468x469.jpg

They interviewed her yesterday on NPRs Fresh Air with Terri Gross.

well...he was a godless commie. not that there's anything wrong with that.
Communism is not inherently anti-religious.

Think what you wish in our Nation you are free to be an idiot all you want. Being anti-communist is always a plus, to true Americans.
Oh gag me with a freakin' spoon

How dare you claim that I hate anything or anyone let alone freedom to think. You go too far and if I were there I would slap you silly and at 6' 2" 236 I am very capable of it.
Are you ****ing serious? You just spent a paragraph saying Communism is "wrong thought" and now you're freaking that someone dare question your devotion to freedom of thought?

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for his musical talent but if you look at and think about the words and their meanings of the one song "Imagine" you will see that it was political and communist.

He was also crazy or he would never have left a beautiful wife for the ugly piece of garbage he ended up with. I have known a lot of druggies in my time but not one of them would have left a beautiful wife for a swanky hoe like Yoko Ugly.

Drugs really do **** you up.
You are an aweful person.

Why disgrace the memory of one of the greatest minds and talents of this century with stupid comments and insults? I hate you.

Does anyone else not see the irony of making a divisive thread about a song that was more about bringing people together than communist?

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Imagine -John Lennon

Where are the references to communism? You must be thinking of the other Lenin.

You are an aweful person.

Why disgrace the memory of one of the greatest minds and talents of this century with stupid comments and insults? I hate you.

Greatest Minds?
While I think it's improper to degrade and boldy lie about one's life after their death many people do seem to forget that he was just a musician. . . and doesn't belong on a pedestal.

Greatest Minds?
While I think it's improper to degrade and boldy lie about one's life after their death many people do seem to forget that he was just a musician. . . and doesn't belong on a pedestal.

The only thing belonging on a pedestal is our glorious capitalistic ideological vocabulary of freedom n stuff that half the United States believes in. :)

The only thing belonging on a pedestal is our glorious capitalistic ideological vocabulary of freedom n stuff that half the United States believes in. :)

The dangers of when entertainers cross into the political void. I don't take any of them seriously - dead or not - and strongly advise others not to, either.

The dangers of when entertainers cross into the political void. I don't take any of them seriously - dead or not - and strongly advise others not to, either.

For this reason I love Bono! lol!

Cancel Africa's Debt!

Help Poor People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Guys cool, I'm just gonna hop in this private jet with this hot blonde, I'll see you in Monaco.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Yeah, but one of them became President.

He was awfully hard to ignore for those 8 years of attacks on the middle class.

Yeah, but one of them became President.

He was awfully hard to ignore for those 8 years of attacks on the middle class.

If people didn't take entertainers seriously it never would have happened :)

article-1068048-0088b79d00000258-811_468x469.jpg

i have a great deal of respect and admiration for his musical talent but if you look at and think about the words and their meanings of the one song "imagine" you will see that it was political and communist.

He was also crazy or he would never have left a beautiful wife for the ugly piece of garbage he ended up with. I have known a lot of druggies in my time but not one of them would have left a beautiful wife for a swanky hoe like yoko ugly.

Drugs really do **** you up.

My God A Communist! Call 911, Get The Police! Hello? Hello? Yes, My Name Is Joseph Mccarthy, I'm Here To Report A Commie Sighting! Quick, Boys, Get 'em -- It's okay, You Can Shoot To Kill, They're Not Really Human Anyway!

Last edited:
Sorry, we don't like communists in this country.

Back
Top Bottom