• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry on his boat during Egypt upheaval, State Dept. concedes

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I swear, this administration really is the biggest collection of goof-balls, ****-ups, and amateurs in memory.

As regime change was unfolding in Egypt, Secretary of State John Kerry spent time on his boat Wednesday afternoon in Nantucket Sound, the State Department acknowledged to CBS News on Friday, after repeatedly denying that Kerry was aboard any boat...

A "CBS This Morning" producer spotted Kerry on his boat Wednesday afternoon on Nantucket, where Kerry has a vacation home. When "CBS This Morning" senior producer Mosheh Oinounou tweeted about the sighting, Psaki issued a denial, calling the tweet "completely inaccurate" and said Kerry has been "working all day and on the phone dealing with the crisis in Egypt."...

On Thursday night, CBS News obtained a photo of Kerry on his boat and sent it to the State Department, asking whether they still stand by their denial that Kerry was on a boat.
The response: "Yes."

:doh"

I don't understand why people can't just do their job! The world is becoming more and more ripe for some serious problems and the man with a very important job and role is sitting on some boat soaking up the sun!! I understand that he probably works a lot and hardly has time off but he needs to understand the importance of his job. If he doesn't like it then he shouldn't have accepted it in the first place.

I don't begrudge him spending time on his boat. But if it was a Wednesday afternoon and he wasn't on vacation, he might want to, you know, be at work. Or maybe his work schedule is just all wacky, working late nights and weekends and grabbed some down time when he could. But if that is the case then lying about it is just going to make you look worse than admitting it.

That is of course assuming the story is accurate.

What difference, at this point, does it make? Sure our high level gov't officials take frequent time off, but how else can they claim to be both in complete control and yet not responsible for the (in)actions of their underlings? ;)

I don't begrudge him spending time on his boat. But if it was a Wednesday afternoon and he wasn't on vacation, he might want to, you know, be at work. Or maybe his work schedule is just all wacky, working late nights and weekends and grabbed some down time when he could. But if that is the case then lying about it is just going to make you look worse than admitting it.

That is of course assuming the story is accurate.

I don't know the details of this case, but I can tell you that people who work high positions like the President or Sec of State don't work 9-5. That doesn't mean they work less than normal folks, just that their hours are defined by a time clock and they take breaks when they want to and when they can.

"John Kerry on his boat during Egypt upheaval, State Dept. concedes."

Are we certain this is a bad thing?

Just like 0bama campaigning in Vegas when Benghazi was going down.

These are the elite of the elite. The administration would like to thank the losers of society for buying into their fake rhetoric and electing them. Michelle Antoinette's dozens of lavish vacations, 0bama's campaign trips to exotic Africa, and of course all the perks wouldn't be possible without the support of the dumb masses and their continued blind faith in the most corrupt president of all time. This way, the entire administration can go total "aristocrat" and there's nothing you can do about it.

So...pipe down citizen. Nothing to see here. Move along before we enact another tax on you.

Some one should have asked Kerry didn't he want to go back to Egypt and see Democracy in Action.....again? Go out amongst the crowd and shake hands, give pats on the back. Smile and look good for the camera while he wastes taxpayers money going there as a Senator. Now he is SOS and more than likely he is trying to come up with a way to get the Egyptians some more money. Lets not forget what they told all back in 2011 and 2012 How much money they needed to get their So called Democracy going forward and then borrowed the money.

For some reason Kerry forgot all about the Elections in our country where he has seen them over and over and time and time again. It's quite humorous that they are allowed to get away with whatever comes out their mouth.

personally ...I don't blame Kerry .....this Egypt fiasco ...is one big YAWN-ER!! We've seen this before ...and we're going to see it again.
The Egyptian young people have always been very heavily influenced by American lifestyle and they have false expectations.

They want to change their leader today ...and tomorrow run around looking like Tom Cruise, drinking Lattes at Starbucks!!

They like many other cultures are eager to dump their culture for Hollywood imagery. The elderly in those countries ..wanting to hold on to the culture ...are CONSERVATIVES...just like those here in the America!!

The other part that gets tiring is ...when we have these flare ups in the region we see and hear these overt inhumane rationale from those on the right. And it goes like this ...we don't give a dam about the suffering of anybody in the region ....just as long as it doesn't affect Israel.

So there ...is Israel under attack....NO....then Kerry did his job!!

I swear, this administration really is the biggest collection of goof-balls, ****-ups, and amateurs in memory.

:doh"[/FONT][/COLOR]

I honestly think Obama means well, especially for average citizens but he's not balanced or experienced in his approach. There are certain harsh realities about life and you have to be realistic and fair about what's capable of being changed.

Kerry couldn't have done anything about it and the US needs to learn to stay out of the internal activities of other countries. I think the administration did fine in this case.

Back
Top Bottom