• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry Makes the Case Perfectly for Going to War in Iraq in 2002

Powell of course, what's the point?

IMHO, we have no business invading Syria. Does Obama want to attack Syrian because of the oil? We do know that over 100,000 Syrians have been killed in over two years and Obama's 'Red Line' challenges have been breached more than several times.

That is all i wanted to know, and when Obama caves in and doesn't do anything I will note this quote and hammer it into any of your threads that will come bitching because he was not acting strong enough with syria and invading them. I can just see the double edged sword coming from a mile away on this one, and when Obama does not do anything and the war continues you are going to find some right wing blog to show us all and I just like using a person's own words to beat them down with. I will say i totally agree we do not need to invade syria and obama has no real weight behind his red lines considering how often he has caved, and he certainly should be caving again this time because going in there is a terrible idea.

ramirez-branches.jpg

How does that explain the constant debt issues and problems funding things?

All that comic does is feed ignorant partisans who don't understand the divisions of power in the first place.

IMHO, we have no business invading Syria. Does Obama want to attack Syrian because of the oil? We do know that over 100,000 Syrians have been killed in over two years and Obama's 'Red Line' challenges have been breached more than several times.

Did we invade Kosovo? And we do have business invading Syria. We have definitive proof that the Assad Regime is using chemical weapons on its own people. That is hardly the same thing as Iraq. The fundamental basis for the Iraqi WMD claim came from a source the Czechs and Germans labeled a "drunken liarhttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/apr/03/iraq.usa1http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/apr/03/iraq.usa1" who recently came out and admitted he made the whole thing up. This time we have video, photos and doctors without borders reports of chemical weapons being used on civilians for the second time in months.

By letting Assad get off the hook, we send the message that global agreements on WMD do not carry any force of weight. Once we abandon our global agreements, why bother having them at all?

Powell of course, what's the point?

Didn't G.W. Bush speak to the UN Assembly on at least two occasions, regarding the Iraqi violations of UN Resolutions and the reasons to invade?

Didn't G.W. Bush speak to the UN Assembly on at least two occasions, regarding the Iraqi violations of UN Resolutions and the reasons to invade?

Iraq invaded Kuwait. What country did Syria invade?

Did we invade Kosovo? And we do have business invading Syria. We have definitive proof that the Assad Regime is using chemical weapons on its own people. That is hardly the same thing as Iraq. The fundamental basis for the Iraqi WMD claim came from a source the Czechs and Germans labeled a "drunken liarhttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/apr/03/iraq.usa1http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/apr/03/iraq.usa1" who recently came out and admitted he made the whole thing up. This time we have video, photos and doctors without borders reports of chemical weapons being used on civilians for the second time in months.

By letting Assad get off the hook, we send the message that global agreements on WMD do not carry any force of weight. Once we abandon our global agreements, why bother having them at all?

Certainly Clinton went to Congress and was given authorization to conduct limited operations in Kosovo.
The insurgency in Syria is nearly 3 years old. The Obama 'Redline' is well over a year old and Obama did nothing. The time to act is well passed it's time. Now he has Russia and China threatening to escalate if Obama acts now.

Certainly Clinton went to Congress and was given authorization to conduct limited operations in Kosovo.
The insurgency in Syria is nearly 3 years old. The Obama 'Redline' is well over a year old and Obama did nothing. The time to act is well passed it's time. Now he has Russia and China threatening to escalate if Obama acts now.

Better late than never. We can conduct operations via drone and ship to surface missiles. This will be even easier than Kosovo. Use the drone to laser spot rather than actual teams on the ground and we risk zero NATO lives.

We have to make good on our threats. Or our threats become paper tigers. There is no question that Assad is gassing his people. The question now is do we let it keep happening or do we make good on our threats?

I say let the missiles fly but put no NATO boots whatsoever on the ground.

Iraq invaded Kuwait. What country did Syria invade?

You've mixed up "Operation Desert Storm" and "Operation Enduring Freedom" in 2003. They have invaded Israel once or twice. Let's not forget what they did in Lebanon.

WMD conjecture in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion of Iraq ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMD...the_aftermath_of_the_2003_invasion_of_Iraq

WMD conjecture in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion of Iraq concerns the failure by the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You've mixed up "Operation Desert Storm" and "Operation Enduring Freedom" in 2003. They have invaded Israel once or twice. Let's not forget what they did in Lebanon.

Is there something more recent than 1967 that I'm not aware of? Israel kicked their ass!

I did not mix them up. We went into Iraq in 2003 because the terms of our withdraw from Desert Storm were not being fulfilled by Saddam, and after 9/11, we were adamant that he comply.

As for Syria... If you want to speak of history spanning several decades or more, then nearly all nations are guilt of invading another. Don't forget, this whole thing with Iraq has been a continuation process since Kuwait.

Why are we still in Afghanistan? Hasn't O-Bomb-a killed enough innocent civilians yet?

FYI... I was an electronic tech in the nuclear theater during Desert Storm. I knew some things as they were happening.

Better late than never. We can conduct operations via drone and ship to surface missiles. This will be even easier than Kosovo. Use the drone to laser spot rather than actual teams on the ground and we risk zero NATO lives.

We have to make good on our threats. Or our threats become paper tigers. There is no question that Assad is gassing his people. The question now is do we let it keep happening or do we make good on our threats?

I say let the missiles fly but put no NATO boots whatsoever on the ground.

ROTFLMAO.... Obama is already the laughing stock of the world. He's made Americaa "Paper Tiger". Putin knows it and will take advantage of it.

WMD conjecture in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion of Iraq ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMD...the_aftermath_of_the_2003_invasion_of_Iraq

WMD conjecture in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion of Iraq concerns the failure by the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your link goes nowhere.

Iraq didn't have WMD outside of old 1980s canisters left to rot in the deserts of Iraq.

Would you have us abandon global treaties?

ROTFLMAO.... Obama is already the laughing stock of the world. He's made Americaa "Paper Tiger". Putin knows it and will take advantage of it. [/B]

So how about we prove them wrong and actually start meeting our threats with force?

People like you bash on Obama for being a wimp and then want him to keep being a wimp. Make up your mind.

ROTFLMAO.... Obama is already the laughing stock of the world. He's made Americaa "Paper Tiger". Putin knows it and will take advantage of it.

Obomba was the laughing stock of the world as a leader before he was president. The only reason he was elected was because of charisma and race.

Obomba was the laughing stock of the world as a leader before he was president. The only reason he was elected was because of charisma and race.

No, he was elected because the country was coming off of the 8 years of the Bush Administration and the Republican party's stock was so bad that frankly the Democrats could have run a dead horse and won. Charisma helped, but race did not. The country was so anti-Republican that it didn't matter what ethnicity the Democrat was. The fact that they were not a Republican was key.

And the massive crowds Obama drew suggest your first sentence is flat out wrong.

No, he was elected because the country was coming off of the 8 years of the Bush Administration and the Republican party's stock was so bad that frankly the Democrats could have run a dead horse and won. Charisma helped, but race did not. The country was so anti-Republican that it didn't matter what ethnicity the Democrat was. The fact that they were not a Republican was key.

And the massive crowds Obama drew suggest your first sentence is flat out wrong.

Race didn't help?

I call your bluff.

Not materially. And especially not compared to the disaster that the Republican brand was at the time.

Fewer Voters Identify as Republicans | Pew Research Center
Trends in Political Values and Core Attitudes: 1987-2007 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
West Virginia Blue:: GOP brand tarnished beyond repair

The GOP Brand was so trashed that the Democrats could have put up any Democrat and won.
Only because of the many accomplices the demonrats have, namely the media.

Only because of the many accomplices the demonrats have, namely the media.

Uh huh. Iraq and Afghanistan had nothing to do with it? Billions simply missing?
How about the various scandals Bush had? No bid contracts? Katrina? Letting the Saudis fly out after 9/11? The leaking of Valerie Plame? Jack Abramoff?

Do I need to go on?

The Republicans were right when they declared that Bush had severely damaged their brand. Stop blaming someone else and take responsibility when your own party destroys itself.

And it wasn't just Bush. The GOP in Congress were a joke too:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...issues-cover-the-worst-congress-ever-20061016

The myth of the liberal media is only used by people who lack the maturity to accept their own failures.

‘The whole idea of the 'liberal media' was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures" - Bill Kristol (if you don't know who that is, I cannot help you)

Uh huh. Iraq and Afghanistan had nothing to do with it? Billions simply missing?
How about the various scandals Bush had? No bid contracts? Katrina? Letting the Saudis fly out after 9/11? The leaking of Valerie Plame? Jack Abramoff?

Do I need to go on?

The Republicans were right when they declared that Bush had severely damaged their brand. Stop blaming someone else and take responsibility when your own party destroys itself.

And it wasn't just Bush. The GOP in Congress were a joke too:
On This Issue's Cover? The Worst Congress Ever | Rolling Stone | Politics News | Rolling Stone

The myth of the liberal media is only used by people who lack the maturity to accept their own failures.

‘The whole idea of the 'liberal media' was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures" - Bill Kristol (if you don't know who that is, I cannot help you)
See...

There you go, quopting the media hype rather than actual facts.

See...

There you go, quopting the media hype rather than actual facts.

Are you seriously suggesting that Katrina didn't happen? That Afghanistan and Iraq didn't happen? That Jack Abramoff scandal didn't happen? That the leaking of a CIA agent didn't happen?

Wow. You really do drink the kool-aid.

Also, point out to me anything in the Rolling Stone article that's wrong.

Or you can just go off on vague comments that do nothing to show I'm wrong in any way and that you're actually interested in a honest discussion.

Because right now, it looks like you are completely unwilling to even assign even the tiniest bit of blame to the Republicans as to why they lost the 2008 election. That makes you look extremely partisan and extremely unreasonable.

Are you seriously suggesting that Katrina didn't happen? That Afghanistan and Iraq didn't happen? That Jack Abramoff scandal didn't happen? That the leaking of a CIA agent didn't happen?

Wow. You really do drink the kool-aid.

Also, point out to me anything in the Rolling Stone article that's wrong.

Or you can just go off on vague comments that do nothing to show I'm wrong in any way and that you're actually interested in a honest discussion.

Because right now, it looks like you are completely unwilling to even assign even the tiniest bit of blame to the Republicans as to why they lost the 2008 election. That makes you look extremely partisan and extremely unreasonable.
I was referring to your paraphrasing the things the media said in the past.

Billions missing... False. Just bad accounting.

No bid contract. Partially true, one incident I'm aware of. The oil field were built by Halliburton, They had the spare parts and blueprints already.

The Valarie Plame Flame Game... wrong guy convicted, and many leftist lies.

I was referring to your paraphrasing the things the media said in the past.

Doesn't change the fact that those objectively damaged the Adminstration's reputation.

Billions missing... False. Just bad accounting.

Still means there are billions in taxpayer dollars effectively missing.

No bid contract. Partially true, one incident I'm aware of. The oil field were built by Halliburton, They had the spare parts and blueprints already.

The Valarie Plame Flame Game... wrong guy convicted, and many leftist lies.

Seriously, stop with the kool-aid. It's embarrassing how people like you are so hesitant to blame the GOP for their own mistakes.

I see you failed to cite a single thing in the Rolling Stones article that was wrong.

Again, the myth of the liberal media is only used by people who lack the maturity to accept their own failures.

Doesn't change the fact that those objectively damaged the Adminstration's reputation.
I agree. The media is the force people need to be aware of.

Still means there are billions in taxpayer dollars effectively missing.
Paper and reality are two different things.

Seriously, stop with the kool-aid. It's embarrassing how people like you are so hesitant to blame the GOP for their own mistakes.
Oh, I blame them for plenty of things. Your mistake is assuming I support them. I simply have no part in participating in lies to make them look bad when there is plenty of facts that do that.

I see you failed to cite a single thing in the Rolling Stones article that was wrong.
So?

I was addressing the past mainstream media lies. I didn't read it.

Again, the myth of the liberal media is only used by people who lack the maturity to accept their own failures.
I could so easily turn that around on you, but I will play nice.

6a00d8341c630a53ef012875a01896970c-300wi1.jpg

6a00d8341bffd953ef0120a6a6e0b0970b-800wi

obama-bows-to-burger-king.jpg

obamabowgauge1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom