• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

John Kerry likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Actually after 91 he slowly starved the masses while building lavish palaces instead of schools, he might have handed Kurdish children blankets full of anthrax but that's about it.

Tis true that President Bush, after being elected in 2000, also starved the masses (children, poor people) via his tax-cuts for the rich only, which in turn helped them (the rich) to build bigger and better mansions.

That could be said too then, couldn't it?

Last edited:
KidRocks said:
Tis true that President Bush, after being elected in 92, also starved the masses (children, poor people) via his tax-cuts for the rich only, which in turn helped them (the rich) to build bigger and better mansions.

That could be said too then, couldn't it?

LMFAO um Clinton won the election in ''92, and Bush Senior increased taxes.

did Bush Juniors tax cuts starve the children? Really, that's an interesting theory care to back it up with any facts?

GWB and Cheney actually took a huge pay cut to hold public office.

LMFAO um Clinton won the election in ''92, and Bush Senior increased taxes.

did Bush Juniors tax cuts starve the children? Really, that's an interesting theory care to back it up with any facts?

GWB and Cheney actually took a huge pay cut to hold public office.

Sorry, meant 2000, typo, anyway you can adjust and answer, I have faith in you.

If you look hard , yes, President Bush did slash and trim programs for the poor and the children, tried to do away with Society Security as we know it too.

Last edited:
Let me just say a few things...

I am not looking for agreement...nor am I looking for dissent.

Forget Kerry. He is like Dean. He is an Icon of a poltical affiliation. Above all we must learn to think beyond the polarity of partisanship and attmept to determine the virtue of sincerity.

The entire issue of politics has become a civil war of cognition. A QUIET WAR. No rhetoric offered here-in does anything to further the argument of any party or affiliation. We must find common ground or we WILL PERISH.

Conflict said:
Let me just say a few things...

I am not looking for agreement...nor am I looking for dissent.

Forget Kerry. He is like Dean. He is an Icon of a poltical affiliation. Above all we must learn to think beyond the polarity of partisanship and attmept to determine the virtue of sincerity.

The entire issue of politics has become a civil war of cognition. A QUIET WAR. No rhetoric offered here-in does anything to further the argument of any party or affiliation. We must find common ground or we WILL PERISH.

WHAT? :roll:

KidRocks said:
Sorry, meant 2000, typo, anyway you can adjust and answer, I have faith in you.

If you look hard , yes, President Bush did slash and trim programs for the poor and the children, tried to do away with Society Security as we know it too.

how many children have starved to death in the U.S. since Bush took office? Back up your accusation buddy.

how many children have starved to death in the U.S. since Bush took office? Back up your accusation buddy.

Ok, ok, just pulling your chain, maybe Bush hasn't starved as many children and poor people as Saddam might have but I'll bet that a few have starved to death since Bush took office and may I add that just one starvation-death is too many, wouldn't you agree?

BTW... can you prove that Saddam starved the masses after 91?

Last edited:
So then you agree that according to John Kerry the troops are terrorizing the peoples of Iraq?
The sentence you have constructed is markedly different in connotation and noticeably different in denotation from what was being discussed.
I'm unclear if you're aware of these differences or not. Perhaps you're truly oblivious to the differences. Or perhaps you're merely trolling for reactions. Only you can say.

Ya they look terrified evil Americans terrorizing Iraqi children by rebuilding schools, passing out candy, and school supplies . . . "look out he's got a pencil!!"
Are these pictures are supposed to demonstrate that at no time anywhere in Iraq ever have the actions of US troops frightened children rather merely demonstrate what was going on at the time the pictures were taken? Or are you intentionally making a fallacious argument?
Only you can say.

Conflict said:
What What?

Don't be timid.

What?

Just exactly what do you mean by "What What?"

I'm not timid, I'm just at a loss as to why you are trying to get us to get along here, this is not your mama's house, this is a political-debate forum and we need some conflict in here once in a while.

This place is boring enough without your attempt to get us all to agree to agree to disagree.

Please, no Rodney Kings here, thanks. :lol:

Simon W. Moon said:
The sentence you have constructed is markedly different in connotation and noticeably different in denotation from what was being discussed.
I'm unclear if you're aware of these differences or not. Perhaps you're truly oblivious to the differences. Or perhaps you're merely trolling for reactions. Only you can say.

Are these pictures are supposed to demonstrate that at no time anywhere in Iraq ever have the actions of US troops frightened children rather merely demonstrate what was going on at the time the pictures were taken? Or are you intentionally making a fallacious argument?
Only you can say.

It's not a fallacious argument you have yet to prove that Kerry hasn't claimed that U.S. military forces are culpable for acts of terrorism. By his own words he has done so. Whether you choose to ignore this or attempt to make it more palatable to your brain by redefining terms the fact remains that Kerry said that U.S. troops are terrorizing the Iraqi masses just like he claimed they were doing to the Vietnamese.

I've seen the video it's undeniable that he thinks the U.S. military is nothing more than state sponsored terrorism.

Kerry did the same thing when he came back from Nam blaming our brave military and he is doing the same thing again about Iraq..........

Simon W. Moon said:
I see. So we're moving the goal posts from "likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists," to the even more vague "believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil."

Even w/ the goal posts moved closer, you're still inside your own twenty yard-line.

He doesn't say that he "believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil." AFAICT, thi interpretation's merely the product of faulty extrapolation on your part or on the part of whoever you got the opinion from.

Sean Hannity would be my guess. He's been pounding this over the airwaves since Kerry made the statement, trying to convince people he said something that he didn't really say. It's the GOP spin machine we've all come to know and love. Similarly to how Jack Murtha's recommendation to exit at the earliest, safe opportunity somehow amounted to "Surrender" and my personal favorite, "Cut'n'run". :spin:

It's not a fallacious argument you have yet to prove that Kerry hasn't claimed that U.S. military forces are culpable for acts of terrorism. By his own words he has done so. Whether you choose to ignore this or attempt to make it more palatable to your brain by redefining terms the fact remains that Kerry said that U.S. troops are terrorizing the Iraqi masses just like he claimed they were doing to the Vietnamese.

I've seen the video it's undeniable that he thinks the U.S. military is nothing more than state sponsored terrorism.
Ain't it amazing when Kerry comes out and says something, and then the forum members have to swing by and tell you what he REALLY MEANT?...:roll:

It's not a fallacious argument ...
If you can't understand the fallacy of presenting selected pictures and trying to say that they preclude the possibility of any thing other than what happenned in the pictures occurred in times and place other than what are pictured, I"m not sure what to tell you.

... you have yet to prove that Kerry hasn't claimed that U.S. military forces are culpable for acts of terrorism.
You're the one who has to demonstrate your case that he has "liken[ed] U.S. Soldiers to terrorists."

I ask yet again,
What is the ostensible political purpose that Mr. Kerry assigns to the US military for the inadvertent terrorizing of children in his quote?
By his own words he has done so.
Actually, he hasn't.

Whether you choose to ignore this or attempt to make it more palatable to your brain by redefining terms ...
How have I redefined what terms?

cnredd said:
Ain't it amazing when Kerry comes out and says something, and then the forum members have to swing by and tell you what he REALLY MEANT?...:roll:
Yeah. It seems so very obvious, but Trajan has to come along and show us how it really should be parsed.

Simon W. Moon said:
If you can't understand the fallacy of presenting selected pictures and trying to say that they preclude the possibility of any thing other than what happenned in the pictures occurred in times and place other than what are pictured, I"m not sure what to tell you.

You're the one who has to demonstrate your case that he has "liken[ed] U.S. Soldiers to terrorists."

I ask yet again,
What is the ostensible political purpose that Mr. Kerry assigns to the US military for the inadvertent terrorizing of children in his quote?

To play to his radical base what else?

Actually, he hasn't.

Really so terrorizing does not equate to terrorism? You know I'm so sick and tired of liberal elitists who think that they're so high and mighty that they think what they say is above questioning, here's Kerry: "I didn't say what I said you idiotic masses just misunderstood me." :roll: Give me a break Mr. Senator.

How have I redefined what terms?

Terrorizing

Simon did he or did he not state that the U.S. troops were committing acts of terrorism YES OR NO!!!! You can't spin your way out of this one he said it you heard it I heard it the whole country heard it.

Last edited:
How have I redefined 'terrorizing'?

Simon did he or did he not state that the U.S. troops were committing acts of terrorism YES OR NO!!!!
No.

You can't spin your way out of this one he said it you heard it I heard it the whole country heard it.
I can tell as your attempts at 'spin' are feeble and failing.

I ask yet again,

Simon did he or did he not state that the U.S. troops were committing acts of terrorism YES OR NO!!!! You can't spin your way out of this one he said it you heard it I heard it the whole country heard it.

Would foreign soldiers breaking and entering into a home in the middle of a night with weapons drawn be considered a terrorist act? I think it would be terrorizing to the inhabitants.

Simon W. Moon said:

No.

I ask yet again,

And I'll repeat to pander to his fanatical leftist base.

Iriemon said:
Would foreign soldiers breaking and entering into a home in the middle of a night with weapons drawn be considered a terrorist act? I think it would be terrorizing to the inhabitants.
Would Federal officers breaking and entering into a home in the middle of a night with weapons drawn be considered a terrorist act?...Would they "terrorize children" while cracking down on the local drug ring?...I think that would be terrorizing the inhabitants also...

I'm sure you can do that with any enforcement...But what you fail to realize that some of the inhabitants themselves put the rest of the inhabitants in that position...If someone is making bombs in their basement and the US forces find out about it and raid the place, it was the bomber that initiated the raid, not the forces...

"Breaking into homes" could save dozens of lives, yet Kerry wants to point out that little Mohammad has a tear in his eye...:roll:

Simon W. Moon said:

No.

I ask yet again,

Here is the transcript from the show Kerry made his quote...

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_120405.pdf

Simon,

Could you please show the forum where Kerry mentioned ANYTHING about "terrorizing the children" as being "inadvertent"?...

That is a comment you've made more than once, but I have failed to see that anywhere in Kerry's statements in the transcript...Are you referring to him saying it someplace else?...:confused:

Unless you just FEEL like throwing that word out there to soften the blow of his remarks, I am under the impression that Kerry meant what he said and it should be taken at face falue...

Simon W. Moon said:
So, when do you get to the part where "John Kerry likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists?"

If, as it appears, you'd like to blow off some steam and just rant I"d be happy to move this to the Basement if you'd like.
Why is anything you disagree with threathened with the Basement? Are you sure you have the impartiality required for moderating?

cnredd said:
Here is the transcript from the show Kerry made his quote...

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/face_120405.pdf

Simon,

Could you please show the forum where Kerry mentioned ANYTHING about "terrorizing the children" as being "inadvertent"?...

That is a comment you've made more than once, but I have failed to see that anywhere in Kerry's statements in the transcript...Are you referring to him saying it someplace else?...:confused:

Unless you just FEEL like throwing that word out there to soften the blow of his remarks, I am under the impression that Kerry meant what he said and it should be taken at face falue...

His spokesman certainly didn't indicate he was misquoted, or taken out of context, but he did have this to say, lol......

". Now, spokesman David Wade says, "Political hack Ken Mehlman and draft dodging, donut eating Rush Limbaugh have something in common. Neither of them knows anything about how to make American troops safe,” adding, "John Kerry will continue to speak out about how to succeed in Iraq and protect brave American troops."

Why is anything you disagree with threathened with the Basement? Are you sure you have the impartiality required for moderating?

This one should go to the basement and I hope it does so I can tell Trajan what he really is. Just look at the title of the thread. Very good basement material.

Back
Top Bottom