• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

John Kerry likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists.

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
"...And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the–of–the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not… " - John Kerry

Sound Familiar? Well it should:

"...They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country..." - John Kerry

Has John Kerry witnessed any of these said events or better yet has he even been to Iraq?. . . the answer to both questions is a flat out no, he's riding on enemy propaganda and Democratic rhetoric, though I'll grant him that it's beginning to be harder and harder to distinguish between the two.

Enh where's the silver lining? Oh there it is: at least this piece of **** just through away any hopes at winning the primaries in 08.

You suck balls Mr. Senator.

Last edited:
Good for John Kerry, we need more patriots like him speaking out against President Bush's dirty little war on Iraq. Maybe then in the future we won't have idiots like Bush rushing to war and putting our troops in harms way just to quench their politically-correct, r-wing agenda.

Go John Kerry, keep on kicking r-wing ass.

So, when do you get to the part where "John Kerry likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists?"

If, as it appears, you'd like to blow off some steam and just rant I"d be happy to move this to the Basement if you'd like.

Simon W. Moon said:
So, when do you get to the part where "John Kerry likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists?"

If, as it appears, you'd like to blow off some steam and just rant I"d be happy to move this to the Basement if you'd like.

Come on Simon did you fail reading comprehension class or something? It's all right here in plain English:

"...And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the–of–the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not… " - John Kerry

Now, Simon if one is terrorizing another that would make them aaa??? (. . . . . . . )???

lmfao ok ok, we'll bust out the dictionary just in case you don't get where I'm going with this:

Terrorize/Terrorizing - ter·ror·ize

ter·ror·ize [térrə rz]
(past ter·ror·ized, past participle ter·ror·ized, present participle ter·ror·iz·ing, 3rd person present singular ter·ror·iz·es)
vt
1. motivate somebody by violence: to intimidate or coerce somebody with violence or the threat of violence
2. make somebody very fearful: to fill somebody with feelings of intense fear over a period of time

Terrorism - ter·ror·ism

ter·ror·ism [térrə rìzzəm]
n
political violence: violence or the threat of violence, especially bombing, kidnapping, and assassination, carried out for political purposes

Terrorist - ter·ror·ist

ter·ror·ist [térrərist]
(plural ter·ror·ists)
n
somebody using violence for political purposes: somebody who uses violence or the threat of violence, especially bombing, kidnapping, and assassination, to intimidate, often for political purposes

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Words mean things Simon you should know that by now.

Thats the most retarded excuse for an argument I've ever heard in my life.

Soldiers can terrorize people without being terrorists, note your dictionary references.

Just because John Kerry used the word 'terror' to describe what soldiers do, does that mean he's calling them terroists?

Or is "terror" going to become a word that politicians will avoid from now on, thus avoiding attacks of "likening to terroism" as you said?

Last edited:
Sounds like someone is really reaching.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Come on Simon did you fail reading comprehension class or something? It's all right here in plain English.
So anyone who causes fear in another is a terrorist now?
That definition of terrorism seems to be so watered down as to be useless.

My wife is terrorized by spiders. Therefore spiders are terrorists.

I had hoped you had more than that weak-kneed wobbly excuse for a case. If poor parsing is all you've got, perhaps you should try back later.

Out of curiosity, what is the ostensible political purpose that Mr. Kerry assigns to the inadvertent terrorizing of children in his quote?

Simon W. Moon said:
So anyone who causes fear in another is a terrorist now?
That definition of terrorism seems to be so watered down as to be useless.

My wife is terrorized by spiders. Therefore spiders are terrorists.

I had hoped you had more than that weak-kneed wobbly excuse for a case. If poor parsing is all you've got, perhaps you should try back later.

Out of curiosity, what is the ostensible political purpose that Mr. Kerry assigns to the inadvertent terrorizing of children in his quote?

Put it in context of what he said about the military after Vietnam it's very clear that Sen. Kerry believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil.

KidRocks said:
Good for John Kerry, we need more patriots like him speaking out against President Bush's dirty little war on Iraq. Maybe then in the future we won't have idiots like Bush rushing to war and putting our troops in harms way just to quench their politically-correct, r-wing agenda.

Go John Kerry, keep on kicking r-wing ass.

He's not speaking out against the president he's speaking out against the military?

He's not speaking out against the president he's speaking out against the military?

Jesus stop trying to be such a spin doctor. You make me think you work for the government. Try thinking for yourself for a change.

I THINK, if you read correctly, he is saying that THERE IS NO REASON WHY SOLDIERS SHOULD TERRORIZE INNOCENT CIVILLIANS.

I never saw him call them terrorists.

Calling soldiers terrorists would be political suicide and Kerry seems to have unintentionally called them one do to your ****ed up ways of interperting words and sentences and changing them around and making it into something else that suits you so you can proceed to attack his patriotism and express "outrage"

Put it in context of what he said about the military after Vietnam it's very clear that Sen. Kerry believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil.
I see. So we're moving the goal posts from "likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists," to the even more vague "believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil."

Even w/ the goal posts moved closer, you're still inside your own twenty yard-line.

He doesn't say that he "believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil." AFAICT, thi interpretation's merely the product of faulty extrapolation on your part or on the part of whoever you got the opinion from.

Simon W. Moon said:
I see. So we're moving the goal posts from "likens U.S. Soldiers to terrorists," to the even more vague "believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil."

Even w/ the goal posts moved closer, you're still inside your own twenty yard-line.

He doesn't say that he "believes the U.S. military to be a force for evil." AFAICT, thi interpretation's merely the product of faulty extrapolation on your part or on the part of whoever you got the opinion from.

No I'm not shifting the goal posts at all you're trying to redefine the word terrorize, if someone is accusing the troops of terrorizing the Iraqi people he is implying that they are terrorists. You can bend and shift this crap he spewed all you want to make it more palatable for your brain to contemplate, but I'll prefer to live in the real world where John Kerry hates the military and the left has gone completely insane in their anti war fervor, it's reminiscent to the Vietnam era I'm just surprised you people haven't started spitting on the troops and burning American flags again, oh wait I almost forgot that you people were desecrating the graves of U.S. soldiers by placing white flags on their graves! Come on Simon catch a clue buddy.

It's a sad sad day when the most moderate Senator the Dems have is Hillary Clinton, but she didn't shift right the Dems shifted so far to the left that they're almost off the map.

FinnMacCool said:
Jesus stop trying to be such a spin doctor. You make me think you work for the government. Try thinking for yourself for a change.

I THINK, if you read correctly, he is saying that THERE IS NO REASON WHY SOLDIERS SHOULD TERRORIZE INNOCENT CIVILLIANS.

I never saw him call them terrorists.

Calling soldiers terrorists would be political suicide and Kerry seems to have unintentionally called them one do to your ****ed up ways of interperting words and sentences and changing them around and making it into something else that suits you so you can proceed to attack his patriotism and express "outrage"

Jesus does he have to spit on a troop, burn an American flag, while singing the Soviet Anthem for you people to get the picture?

... if someone is accusing the troops of terrorizing the Iraqi people he is implying that they are terrorists.
What is the ostensible political purpose that Mr. Kerry assigns to the inadvertent terrorizing of children in his quote?

You can bend and shift this crap he spewed all you want ...
Why should I bother when you're doing such an admirable job already?
Are you sure you want to try to turn it into a personal ******* contest?
Don't you think it'd be better if we stayed with the debate topic at hand instead?

Simon W. Moon said:

What is the ostensible political purpose that Mr. Kerry assigns to the inadvertent terrorizing of children in his quote?

He's calling for a premature withdrawl.

Why should I bother when you're doing such an admirable job already?
Are you sure you want to try to turn it into a personal ******* contest?
Don't you think it'd be better if we stayed with the debate topic at hand instead?

You're the one who's trying to redefine the term terrorize, tell me Simon what do you think this statement means if he's not saying that the troops are terrorists then just what the hell is he saying?

He's calling for a premature withdrawl.
So Kerry's saying that the US military has the goal of a premature withdrawal from Iraq and that they are terrorizing children to achieve that goal?

You're the one who's trying to redefine the term terrorize, tell me Simon what do you think this statement means if he's not saying that the troops are terrorists then just what the hell is he saying?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe something like that when guys w/ guns bust into a house it scares the children. I'm just guessing from the language and context here. I don't have the guidance of El Rushbo to show me the way on this one

Here is the real deal folks.........Regardless what Kerry says about our troops they just don't go barging into homes in the middle of the night scaring families......They get tips from sources that terrorists are in the homes making bombs to kill Americans......That is why they raid them........

They are the good guys.....The terrorists are the bad guys...........

Someone should tell Kerry that.........

Navy Pride said:
Here is the real deal folks.........Regardless what Kerry says about our troops they just don't go barging into homes in the middle of the night scaring families......They get tips from sources that terrorists are in the homes making bombs to kill Americans......That is why they raid them........
So when they burst into homes based on "tips from sources that terrorists are in the homes making bombs to kill Americans," it doesn't scare anyone?

Simon W. Moon said:
So Kerry's saying that the US military has the goal of a premature withdrawal from Iraq and that they are terrorizing children to achieve that goal?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe something like that when guys w/ guns bust into a house it scares the children. I'm just guessing from the language and context here. I don't have the guidance of El Rushbo to show me the way on this one

So then you agree that according to John Kerry the troops are terrorizing the peoples of Iraq?

How does he know this is this case . . . perhaps he caught an episode of 'over there,' cuz he sure as hell hasn't been to Iraq.

Ya they look terrified evil Americans terrorizing Iraqi children by rebuilding schools, passing out candy, and school supplies . . . "look out he's got a pencil!!"

Attachments

• TOYS.jpg
    TOYS.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Dahuk_SchoolKids.jpg
    Dahuk_SchoolKids.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Bookbags.jpg
    Bookbags.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
So then you agree that according to John Kerry the troops are terrorizing the peoples of Iraq?

How does he know this is this case . . . perhaps he caught an episode of 'over there,' cuz he sure as hell hasn't been to Iraq.

Ya they look terrified evil Americans terrorizing Iraqi children by rebuilding schools, passing out candy, and school supplies . . . "look out he's got a pencil!!"

Pardon me but...

I'm sure Saddam also passed out candy and school supplies while rebuilding schools in Iraq. Am I correct?

So, does that make Saddam a good-guy then?

KidRocks said:
Pardon me but...

I'm sure Saddam also passed out candy and school supplies while rebuilding schools in Iraq. Am I correct?

So, does that make Saddam a good-guy then?

Actually after 91 he slowly starved the masses while building lavish palaces instead of schools, he might have handed Kurdish children blankets full of anthrax but that's about it.

Simon W. Moon said:
So when they burst into homes based on "tips from sources that terrorists are in the homes making bombs to kill Americans," it doesn't scare anyone?

Yeah it does...It probably scares the hell out of the military guys who are going into the home not knowing if the people have been tipped off or if its a trap........

Back
Top Bottom