• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry for Secretar yof Defense?

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The Obama administration is floating the idea around for Kerry to be SECDEF. What a joke that would be and a slap in the face to all military personnel and Veterans.........Kerry is hated by millions of veterans for the stand he took against them upon his short tour of Duty in Vietnam......

That would be a huge mistake IMO.

SWIFT BOAT part two it would seem.

Yeah, sorry, but it's idiotic to hold Kerry's stand against war crimes against him. Does it make you a de facto supporter of the murder of women and children if you do?

SWIFT BOAT part two it would seem.

It would take a lo-o-ong confirmation hearing to review all of Kerry's offenses against our men and women in uniform.

Nominating a man to run the US military, who hates the US military... Am I the only one here that wouldn't be suprised if he was Obama's pick?

Oh god not another navy rant thread about "swift boat Kerry".
This always turns out to be fun.

Nominating a man to run the US military, who hates the US military... Am I the only one here that wouldn't be suprised if he was Obama's pick?

Yea he hates the US military so much he served in it.... :roll:

There is more I have against Kerry than his military career but he has a very checkered past when it comes to the military. It does seem like a slap in the face for Obama to even consider it. Liberals do tend as Hilary Clinton once said to "loathe the military". I say go ahead and let the circus begin. Don't forget Obama some of your pals in Congress are up for election in two years.

Do you need to see his testimony against his comrades again?

Or maybe you need to see the interview he gave where he accused the military of busting into homes and terrorizing women and children in the dead of night in Iraq?

He's a Yankee Doodle Dandy all right... LMAO

Until the going got tough. Then he got going out of the area so fast he left his credibility behind.

What would his executive qualifications to run an Executive Department? All I can find is a couple of years as a District Attorney and a term as Lt Governor of Massachusetts under Dukakis. He was more qualified as President than SoD.

Until the going got tough. Then he got going out of the area so fast he left his credibility behind.

Yeah, he had to tuck tail and run ... with his Silver Star and multiple purple hearts in tow. :roll:

And unlike so many politicians who dodged the draft, Kerry actually enlisted and volunteered for some of the most hazardous duty there was.

The Obama administration is floating the idea around for Kerry to be SECDEF. What a joke that would be and a slap in the face to all military personnel and Veterans.........Kerry is hated by millions of veterans for the stand he took against them upon his short tour of Duty in Vietnam......
You have to be ****ting me! I hope Obama does start parading this batch of clowns before the Senate. This should be fun as the GOP steamrolls past the Dumbsh!tocrats in 2014.

Yeah, he had to tuck tail and run ... with his Silver Star and multiple purple hearts in tow. :roll:

And unlike so many politicians who dodged the draft, Kerry actually enlisted and volunteered for some of the most hazardous duty there was.

Medals he presented to himself as the Commanding Officer of a boat.

Yea he really left so fast... Getting injured twice, 2 purple hearts, a silver star, getting ambushed several times, sounds like he really "left his credibility behind" :roll:

Do you need to see his testimony against his comrades again?
"Against his comrades"? Or against the war? Two totally different things bud.

Or maybe you need to see the interview he gave where he accused the military of busting into homes and terrorizing women and children in the dead of night in Iraq?
Sure i would like to see that interview.

He's a Yankee Doodle Dandy all right... LMAO
Really pathetic huh?

Yea he really left so fast... Getting injured twice, 2 purple hearts, a silver star, getting ambushed several times, sounds like he really "left his credibility behind" :roll:

See post #16. Note also that he had so little respect for those medals that he threw them away. Or at least he claimed those were his medals.

I won't speak about Kerry's military career. What I do know, is that not only should he not be SoD, there are much more qualified people for that position. I think it would be a huge mistake for Obama to put him in that position. Not necessarily because of his credentials, or lack thereof, but because of the way people see him. I'm a liberal, and I don't like him. If Obama wants to show he's willing to work with Congressional Republicans, he should drop the idea of Kerry as SoD.

ideal time to ask Colin Powell to come out of retirement

someone to make the right calls as the DoD budget cuts come

Last edited:
See post #16. Note also that he had so little respect for those medals that he threw them away. Or at least he claimed those were his medals.

Military servicemen cannot reward themselves medals bud.

Back
Top Bottom