• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry fears Russia-Ukraine war will distract from climate change

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
John Kerry is concerned about how Russia's invasion of Ukraine will impact the Climate Change debate: -- what a ****ing clown :rolleyes:

John Kerry fears Russia-Ukraine war will distract from climate change​

Biden's climate czar said 'massive emissions' will negatively impact the globe​

President Biden’s climate czar, John Kerry, warned that Russia’s war against Ukraine could distract the world from the climate change crisis and produce "massive emissions" that will negatively impact the globe.

"I'm concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force," Kerry, the U.S. special presidential envoy for climate, said in an interview Monday on BBC Arabic, MEMRI reported Wednesday. "I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win."

"But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war. But equally importantly, you're going to lose people's focus, you're going to lose certainly big country attention because they will be diverted and I think it could have a damaging impact," he continued. "So, you know, I think hopefully President Putin would realize that in the northern part of his country, they used to live on 66% of the nation that was over frozen land."

If anything I think it shows that reliance on oil and natural gas are ongoing national security risks. We should be moving to electrify our transportation sector as fast as possible. We should be heavily investing in solar and wind power so that gas is less necessary. And Germany should turn their nuclear plants back on.

If anything I think it shows that reliance on oil and natural gas are ongoing national security risks. We should be moving to electrify our transportation sector as fast as possible. We should be heavily investing in solar and wind power so that gas is less necessary. And Germany should turn their nuclear plants back on.
While Russia, China, and all developing nations laugh at the fools in America.

The IPCC had a meeting where the Russian delegation apologized to the Ukranian delegetation for Putin's attack, and praised the Ukranian delegation for continuing to do important climate change research in spite of their country being under attack.

Goofy post from Canadian poster wants anonymous American posters to begin circle jerk hate thread on their own politicians for saying the world can do more than one thing at a time.

Pay attention folks.

😁

If anything I think it shows that reliance on oil and natural gas are ongoing national security risks. We should be moving to electrify our transportation sector as fast as possible.
Good idea. Don't forget the massive upgrade that will be required to expand and protect America's electricity distribution grid.
We should be heavily investing in solar and wind power so that gas is less necessary. And Germany should turn their nuclear plants back on.
And, of course, both solar and wind power are as reliable as hydrocarbon based energy production systems are - right?

So, I guess that there will have to be a huge investment in things like "hydroelectric storage facilities" where the excess power from the solar and wind producers can be used to pump water out of the waterways and into impound areas so that it can be released back into the waterways to generate hydroelectric power when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow.

That, of course, is going to play merry hell with the availability of water for such non-essentials like, domestic consumption, irrigation, and industry.

Isn't it interesting how the "simple, straight-forward solution" sometimes creates problems even bigger than the ones it "solves"?

The IPCC had a meeting where the Russian delegation apologized to the Ukranian delegetation for Putin's attack, and praised the Ukranian delegation for continuing to do important climate change research in spite of their country being under attack.

Goofy post from Canadian poster wants anonymous American posters to begin circle jerk hate thread on their own politicians for saying the world can do more than one thing at a time.

Pay attention folks.

😁
Ahh, it appears that you edited your own post (which read "Goofy post from Canadian poster wants Americans to hate their own politicians." when I saw it).

Had you not done so I would have been compelled to point out that Americans ALREADY "hate their own politicians" (provided that the politician is one of "THEIR Guys" and not one of "OUR Guys" and/or does something that the individual non-politician doesn't like even if the politician is one of "OUR Guys").

If you think this is going well for Putin, you must live in an alternate universe.
I don't think it's going well. Shit...i said it wasn't going to end well for him before this craziness began.

Back
Top Bottom