• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry blasted for saying he hopes Putin will focus on climate change as Russia attacks Ukraine

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

More climate cult insanity. :rolleyes:

“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.

Kerry is over optomistic, but he's not wrong in worrying about climate change.

He made the comment prior to the invasion and unfortunately it aired on the same day. I understand where he was coming from in context

From the link:
“I’m concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,” Kerry reportedly said. “I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win.

“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.

President Biden's climate envoy said frozen Russian land is 'thawing', Putin's 'infrastructure' is 'at risk' and urged the Russian tyrant to 'help us to stay on track with respect to what we need to do for the climate.

'I'm concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,' Kerry, President Biden's special envoy for climate said in an interview with BBC Arabic.

His climate envoy said something about the climate. But what's the Full quote?

Kerry, the special presidential envoy for climate, appeared on camera Thursday to speak with BBC Arabic, where he decried the "massive emissions consequences to the war," adding, "But equally importantly, you're going to lose people's focus. You're going to lose certainly big country attention because they will be diverted. I think it could have a damaging impact. . . I hope President Putin will help us to stay on track with respect of what we need to do for the climate.
"I think, hopefully, that President Putin would realize that in the northern part of his country, they used to live on 66% of a nation that was over frozen land," Kerry said. "Now it's thawing. His infrastructure is at risk. The people of Russia are at risk." . . . "In terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force, I thought we lived in a world that had said, 'No,' to that kind of activity," Kerry went on. "I hope diplomacy will win." . . ."I'm very concerned," Kerry said. "I'm concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk."

Awww, look at all the shit the right wing posters and sources deliberately omitted. All the climate envoy said was that he hopes the war doesn't totally derail focus on the climate.

Last edited:
No one is surprised by what that gentleman says or does.

During his run for the Presidency, he went out and shot and killed some birds to show how macho he was.

How sad that such individuals as he still have positions in the federal government.

Of course, he was foisted on President Biden by the latter's "advisers."

Led poisoning, I don't know what I'd do if I still had that **** in me, well I still do, but at least mine aren't big clusters in the brain, I wonder how I'm doing on them?

Kerry is over optomistic, but he's not wrong in worrying about climate change.
I can't disagree with you BUT as a wise man once said "timing is everything."

No one is surprised by what that gentleman says or does.

During his run for the Presidency, he went out and shot and killed some birds to show how macho he was.

How sad that such individuals as he still have positions in the federal government.

Of course, he was foisted on President Biden by the latter's "advisers."
You must be confusing Kerry with Dick Cheney. Cheney liked to kill birds. He took a little criticism for playing shoot em up with 500 pheasants, released for his enjoyment. He and his friends shot 417 of them within minutes.
Or then there was the time he shot his friend in the face, and neglected to report it, while enjoying his hobby of shooting birds.

Oh, Lord! And this guy advises Biden.
How awful that the Climate Envoy spoke about the disastrous effects war would have on Putin's already climate savaged country and its people!!! :rolleyes:

How typical the NY Post would make the comments something they were not, and the crazies line up for their daily dose of bs.

Reactions: JMR
You must be confusing Kerry with Dick Cheney.
No, really.

Mr. K. did ostentatiously shoot a few birds to show that he was a man.

There had been some unkind talk about his marrying into big money, etc.

Have a nice weekend!

No, really.

Mr. K. did ostentatiously shoot a few birds to show that he was a man.

There had been some unkind talk about his marrying into big money, etc.

Have a nice weekend!
Sad that some voters would be impressed by such "manly" activity...but that's the USA.

Are you suggesting something is amiss with his 27 year long marriage? Do you think Theresa was "duped"?

Lots of innuendo you have going for you.

Are you suggesting something is amiss with his 27 year long marriage? Do you think Theresa was "duped"?

Lots of innuendo you have going for you.
I have no idea.

But he felt that he had to prove something.

That stunt, of course, did not help him.

Too bad some birds had to unnecessarily die.

I have no idea.

But he felt that he had to prove something.

That stunt, of course, did not help him.

Too bad some birds had to unnecessarily die.
I hope you shed equal tears for the 417 pheasants shot by Cheney and friends....near range....immediately upon their release. And a tear for Cheney's friend whose face got in the way of another bird death.

I hope you shed equal tears for the 417 pheasants shot by Cheney and friends....near range....immediately upon their release. And a tear for Cheney's friend whose face got in the way of another bird death.
Of course, I do.

I guess that it is "OK" for human animals to kill the other kind of animals for food, but certainly not for "sport."

That some people think it's "fun" to kill animals speaks volumes about us two-legged animals.

Have a nice weekend!

Of course, I do.

I guess that it is "OK" for human animals to kill the other kind of animals for food, but certainly not for "sport."

That some people think it's "fun" to kill animals speaks volumes about us two-legged animals.

Have a nice weekend!
I agree about killing animals for sport, and what it says about humans. I remember being quite upset with pictures of the Trump sons and their trophy kills.

Indeed. But who didn't know that Kerry was the high priest of the Climate Change religion?
Complete with 'rules for thee but none for me!' (Reference his large GHG foot print house, his constant use of private jets) - it's called being rank hypocrite, in case anyone is confused.

Reactions: PoS
Back
Top Bottom