• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kerry Against Terrorist Air Conditioners

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
John Kerry is confused. He's worried about the Attack of the Killer Air Conditioners and Refrigerators. You can't make this stuff up.

[h=2]John Kerry: Air conditioner, fridge gas, as big a threat as ISIS[/h]
Let’s get those priorities right:
Secretary of State John Kerry said in Vienna on Friday that air conditioners and refrigerators are as big of a threat to life as the threat of terrorism posed by groups like the Islamic State.
Depends what you mean by “life” I guess. Some like the world 2 degrees cooler, and some prefer to keep their heads.
“As we were working together on the challenge of [ISIS] and terrorism,” Kerry said. “It’s hard for some people to grasp it, but what we–you–are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself.”
It’s good to know the US will be well defended against an invasion of badly gassed fridges.
Since warming is mostly beneficial this threat is at the Defcon-Toothfairy level. And probably not that high. The extra energy trapped by HFC refrigerant gasses most likely just reroutes and escapes to space through water vapor emissions.

Keep reading →

John Kerry is confused. He's worried about the Attack of the Killer Air Conditioners and Refrigerators. You can't make this stuff up.

Secretary of State John Kerry said in Vienna on Friday that air conditioners and refrigerators are as big of a threat to life as the threat of terrorism posed by groups like the Islamic State.
Depends what you mean by “life” I guess. Some like the world 2 degrees cooler, and some prefer to keep their heads.
“As we were working together on the challenge of [ISIS] and terrorism,” Kerry said. “It’s hard for some people to grasp it, but what we–you–are doing here right now is of equal importance because it has the ability to literally save life on the planet itself.”
It’s good to know the US will be well defended against an invasion of badly gassed fridges.
Since warming is mostly beneficial this threat is at the Defcon-Toothfairy level. And probably not that high. The extra energy trapped by HFC refrigerant gasses most likely just reroutes and escapes to space through water vapor emissions.

Keep reading →

John Kerry, The Artful Dodger and the Great Houdini all wrapped up in one. If his mouth is moving, he's trying to draw attention away from a totally corrupt Hillary Clinton and her party machine, and his and Obama's pathetic management of the Wildfire that IS the Middle East. When all else fails, deflect, deflect, deflect. The greatest prestidigitators can keep their audience glued to what one hand is doing in plain view, while executing the magic trick with the hidden other.

Just last week, the chemicals in my refrigerator beheaded an orange, raped/tortured and killed some baby carrots, threw a glass of milk off the top shelf and gunned down a tupperware container full of leftovers.

I think Kerry might be onto something...

...or he's being a ****ing idiot as usual.

1,725 times almost nothing is almost nothing.

Think about it guys. RE and GWP are terms designed because what they represent, though generally meaningless, can be made to sound scary.

Keep reading →

Oh look. Jack Hays pasted someone else's bull**** again without actually assessing it.

[h=2]Petition to remove air conditioning from all US State Property[/h]
You know it makes sense — air conditioners are as dangerous as suicide bombers. They must be stopped. Next up, refrigerators…
Here’s a petition you can support: Do it for the children, for the future.
[h=1]Remove air conditioning from all US State Department property.[/h]
john-kerry-air-conditioning.jpg

WHEREAS, Secretary of State John F. Kerry has suggested that air conditioners are as big a threat as ISIS, and
WHEREAS, it is the duty of our elected and appointed government officials to lead by example,
Keep reading →

On the contrary. My assessment opens the post.

You clearly didn't actually watch Kerry's speech, which is why I pointed out you haven't actually assessed squat. For about the 1100th time on this subforum alone, you let someone else feed you an opinion and then you pasted it here.

And you somehow have managed to convince yourself that parroting the pasted narrative with a little quip is "assessment."

Last edited:
You clearly didn't actually watch Kerry's speech, which is why I pointed out you haven't actually assessed squat. For about the 1100th time on this subforum alone, you let someone else feed you an opinion and then you pasted it here.

And you somehow have managed to convince yourself that parroting the pasted narrative with a little quip is "assessment."

From Kerry's speech:

​Not sure what you're complaining about. Kerry said it. QED

From Kerry's speech:

​Not sure what you're complaining about. Kerry said it. QED

Weird that you didn't post the rest of his speech. You know, for context?

The reason you didn't do that is because you have no idea. You still believe Kerry wants to eliminate refrigerators. Because some ****in blogger told you so. You didn't have even a shred of skepticism. You didn't check. Why not, Jack Hays? Why didn't you check?

[h=2]Petition to remove air conditioning from all US State Property[/h]
You know it makes sense — air conditioners are as dangerous as suicide bombers. They must be stopped. Next up, refrigerators…
Here’s a petition you can support: Do it for the children, for the future.
[h=1]Remove air conditioning from all US State Department property.[/h]
john-kerry-air-conditioning.jpg

WHEREAS, Secretary of State John F. Kerry has suggested that air conditioners are as big a threat as ISIS, and
WHEREAS, it is the duty of our elected and appointed government officials to lead by example,
Keep reading →

Now that was funny! :thumbs: I needed a break from watching the convention, and that worked! :lamo

Weird that you didn't post the rest of his speech. You know, for context?

The reason you didn't do that is because you have no idea. You still believe Kerry wants to eliminate refrigerators. Because some ****in blogger told you so. You didn't have even a shred of skepticism. You didn't check. Why not, Jack Hays? Why didn't you check?

Because I have for decades regarded Kerry as a disgusting poseur, and a chance to highlight his ridiculousness was not to be missed. I don't care about the rest of the speech.

Because I have for decades regarded Kerry as a disgusting poseur, and a chance to highlight his ridiculousness was not to be missed. I don't care about the rest of the speech.

So you're willing to highlight something you admittedly don't even know is accurate. Well, most aren't so open about it, so I should probably thank you for that.

So you're willing to highlight something you admittedly don't even know is accurate. Well, most aren't so open about it, so I should probably thank you for that.

Kerry said what he said. No additional context is needed and he deserves no special consideration.

Kerry said what he said. No additional context is needed and he deserves no special consideration.

The quote you posted didn't even mention refrigerators. How sure are you really that context isn't needed?

It's not "special consideration." He said what he said. The part you don't understand yet is you don't even know what he said.

The quote you posted didn't even mention refrigerators. How sure are you really that context isn't needed?

It's not "special consideration." He said what he said. The part you don't understand yet is you don't even know what he said.

Really?

Kerry said that most of the substances banned in the Montreal Protocol have increased the use of HFCs and claimed that the coolant was thousands of times more potent than CO2. He added that the increase of HFCs has lead to the trend of global climate change.
“The use of hydrofluorocarbons is unfortunately growing,” Kerry said. “Already, the HFCs use in refrigerators, air conditioners, and other items are emitting an entire gigaton of carbon dioxide-equivalent pollution into the atmosphere annually. Now, if that sounds like a lot, my friends, it’s because it is. It’s the equivalent to emissions from nearly 300 coal-fired power plants every single year.”

Really?

Kerry said that most of the substances banned in the Montreal Protocol have increased the use of HFCs and claimed that the coolant was thousands of times more potent than CO2. He added that the increase of HFCs has lead to the trend of global climate change.
“The use of hydrofluorocarbons is unfortunately growing,” Kerry said. “Already, the HFCs use in refrigerators, air conditioners, and other items are emitting an entire gigaton of carbon dioxide-equivalent pollution into the atmosphere annually. Now, if that sounds like a lot, my friends, it’s because it is. It’s the equivalent to emissions from nearly 300 coal-fired power plants every single year.”

Oh look, now Jack Hays is trying to pretend he knew all along this was about HFCs instead of "killer refrigerators."

Making progress, I guess.

Now, there are two separate quotes you posted here:

and

Were you aware that these two quotes are found six paragraphs apart in the actual speech?

Oh look, now Jack Hays is trying to pretend he knew all along this was about HFCs instead of "killer refrigerators."

Making progress, I guess.

Now, there are two separate quotes you posted here:

and

Were you aware that these two quotes are found six paragraphs apart in the actual speech?

Everything was available in my original link, where I had read it before posting. What has happened now is that your entire position has been shown to be without foundation.

Back
Top Bottom