• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kelly may leave after clashing with first lady Melania Trump: NBC News

Verax

Disappointed in Trump
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
NBC News

President Donald Trump's chief of staff, John Kelly, may be out of his job soon as a result of a conflict with first lady Melania Trump and other people in the White House, seven sources have told NBC News.

Nick Ayers, Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff, is being considered for the job, among other candidates, three of the sources told NBC.

Two White House officials told NBC that Melania Trump had told the president earlier in 2018 that Kelly had repeatedly turned down requests to promote some of her aides, even as Kelly's staff received promotions. Trump reportedly directed Kelly to approve the first lady's requests after learning of the disputes.

Long time coming. Is this the real reason? Perhaps the general didn't appreciate Trump ****ting on veterans, twice. It's probably many things and this finally broke the camel's back.

Dont **** with Melania...you will rarely find a stronger smarter woman, which is how she ended up Trump's woman.

He bores easily, he needs the challenge, and he is smart enough to know that he needs it and strong enough to do it and good enough to get the best.

Dont **** with Melania...you will rarely find a stronger smarter woman, which is how she ended up Trump's woman.

He bores easily, he needs the challenge, and he is smart enough to know that he needs it and strong enough to do it and good enough to get the best.

If it was Michelle Obama we would have heard an endless chant from you how the first lady should NEVER have a voice in the government.

If it was Michelle Obama we would have heard an endless chant from you how the first lady should NEVER have a voice in the government.

You have never shown the slightest understanding of me.

Move Along.

This must be the ninth time in the last year I've heard Kelly is leaving. I'll believe it when the door hits him where the good lord split him.

Move Along.

How can we ever expect to understand you when you don't even understand yourself half the time. :mrgreen:

This must be the ninth time in the last year I've heard Kelly is leaving. I'll believe it when the door hits him where the good lord split him.

He is a hard guy to replace.

Who would want the job who has a chance of being able to do the job effectively?

How can we ever expect to understand you when you don't even understand yourself half the time. :mrgreen:

Zennists understand themselves better than almost anyone else, learning who we are takes many years of painful hard work and is integral to Zen.

So No.

That your best argument?

Michelle Slenderman did plenty over the top. In her pantheon of which was her only being proud of our nation, our being those of us who are Americans anyhow... maintained that she was proud of our nation for the very first time when her hubby got elected.

Ya kiddin me? Lamest of ducks upon entrance of office.

Just plain comically biased time after lame time... and not very patriotic much less a nationalist in the American style.

So, without doubt we complained, a lot...

But that second half-heart-witted tepid contention that any first lady, Michelle included, questioning whether she, the lady in charge of the office, should not be in a position to promote those under her on her own staff...again...

Ya kiddin me?

Its an official government position of its own right... you are aware, correct?

"Though the persona, activities, and initiatives of the First Lady have always been significant to the history of the United States, the first First Lady to hire federally funded staff was Edith Roosevelt, who hired Belle Hagner as the first White House Social Secretary on October 2, 1901. Eleanor Roosevelt became the first First Lady to expand the office beyond social and administrative secretaries by hiring Malvina Thompson as her personal secretary and Jackie Kennedy was the first to employ a Press Secretary.

Under Rosalynn Carter, the First Lady's staff became known as the Office of the First Lady. She organized the office into four major departments: projects and community liaison, press and research, schedule and advance, and social and personal; and was the first to add a Chief of Staff. She was the first to move her own work office into the East Wing
."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_the_First_Lady_of_the_United_States

Kelly's staff were upset and appalled at Melania's over the top expenditures on her photo op trip to Africa...One hotel stay in Cairo (where she had NO public appearances), and she did an actual photo shoot at the Pyramids...Cost the Tax payers over 225,000 Dollars..Melania is an arrogant trophy wife bitch...Kelly needs to get out before his reputation is damaged beyond all repair

Agreed. Don't trust anything the 'news' (political propaganda) media reports, especially not when it's about the administration and controversial.

Agreed. Don't trust anything the 'news' (political propaganda) media reports, especially not when it's about the administration and controversial.

That is good advice. The media is engaged in creating their own stories in regard to Trump and his administration.

Kelly's staff did what they could but Melania's behavior in Africa was appalling....What few public appearances she did were staged photo shoots......She brought far too many handlers all at the cost of tax payers, and photos came out of her wearing some sort of absurd outfit lifted straight from colonial times when arrogant whites paraded around Africa subjugating the locals...

What planet do you live on? She's as dumb as a bag of hammers.

That is good advice. The media is engaged in creating their own stories in regard to Trump and his administration.
They sometimes make mistakes, misinterpret, and often misrepresent reality.

But they rarely if ever create stories.

Rather, they represent reality with an institutional bias against things not part of the establishment.

From what, exactly, do you come up with the idea that Melania is strong or smart? I don't much give a rat's ass about her one way or another, but I've seen zero indication that she's much other than a trophy wife.

Zennists understand themselves better than almost anyone else, learning who we are takes many years of painful hard work and is integral to Zen.

So No.

k0qxaQq.jpg

Kelly's staff were upset and appalled at Melania's over the top expenditures on her photo op trip to Africa...One hotel stay in Cairo (where she had NO public appearances), and she did an actual photo shoot at the Pyramids...Cost the Tax payers over 225,000 Dollars..Melania is an arrogant trophy wife bitch...Kelly needs to get out before his reputation is damaged beyond all repair

It's too late. Anyone that has associated with him smells to high heaven.

Move Along.

Nobody has an understanding of you because nobody can understand you. You speak exclusively in mealy-mouthed platitudes and vague allusions to the failures of "elites" or "intelligentsia" or what the hell ever, and then chastise people when they just want you to come out and say what you mean rather than *****foot around it and expect everyone to decipher what the ****'s going on in that noggin of yours.

Oh please there is no need to create a story. The Trump administration is a continuous train wreck that is manna from heaven for the press.

It's too late. Anyone that has associated with him smells to high heaven.

He should resign....Immediately......Lay low...Then write a book...Confess all....There is still a chance for redemption...But time is running out

What planet do you live on? She's as dumb as a bag of hammers.

Maybe not dumb, certainly a doormat as a spouse. All those Rightes who criticized Hilldog for staying with Bill sure are silent now. Perhaps Melania is waiting it out for a bigger settlement, who knows. I sure as hell would not stand by while my spouse was banging adult film actresses in an oh so public way.

Back
Top Bottom