• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Kelly, hired to restore order for President Donald Trump, is out as chief of staff

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
John Kelly, hired to restore order for President Donald Trump, is out as chief of staff

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly, who was assigned to bring a level of discipline to President Donald Trump’s often chaotic administration, is leaving the post after internal tensions increasingly spilled into public view in recent months, Trump said Saturday.

"John Kelly will be leaving toward the end of the year,” the president told reporters as he left the White House for the Army-Navy game in Philadelphia.

He lasted longer than I expected he would. As soon as the media started predicting then praising Kelly for his ability to manage the barely manageable Trump, I thought that would be "the beginning of the end". But Kelly lasted for a long time after that in spite of the reputation as one of the few grown-ups in the White House.

which fox anchor will be his replacement?

Should be fun to see how this new CoS will handle things once the Ds take over the House.

I used to say that Mattis, Tillerson, Kelly and McMaster were my “tripwires” to start worrying. It’s not looking good for me...or Mattis.

I used to say that Mattis, Tillerson, Kelly and McMaster were my “tripwires” to start worrying. It’s not looking good for me...or Mattis.

Mattis will be the next to be fired...Oh I mean resign.....

He lasted longer than I expected he would. As soon as the media started predicting then praising Kelly for his ability to manage the barely manageable Trump, I thought that would be "the beginning of the end". But Kelly lasted for a long time after that in spite of the reputation as one of the few grown-ups in the White House.

Kelly left as all former Trump associates and appointments have left: disgraced and humiliated. And there'll always be new people who want to sign up, thinking, "But I'll be different!"

Kelly left as all former Trump associates and appointments have left: disgraced and humiliated. And there'll always be new people who want to sign up, thinking, "But I'll be different!"

Kelly No doubt stood his ground from time to time...trump wants loyalists, flunkies, yes men and toadies....

The pool of "new people" is small, which was already the case when Trump brought Kelly over from Homeland Security. Again we're looking at more shuffling from within the White House to fill the opening, rather than putting to the test the claim that qualified "new people" are waiting hopefully for their chance to serve.

Rumours are Pence's chief of staff...He is White , abrasive,white, loyal to trump, and white

What does being white have to do with this?

When I heard Trump say this on the white house lawn today. My first thought was I wonder if Kelly knew?
I don't think you can resign without knowing your resigning.

On Kelly’s watch, the White House functioned more effectively (barely) than it had during the tenure of his predecessor, and yet is was still comically chaotic. Over 30 people left in less than two years.

W/out Kelly's guidance, and with the scandals and investigations coming to a head, Trump is well and truly ****ed.

The grown-ups were failures. The idea that anybody can control Trump or keep him on a short leash has been shown to be pure nonsense. Its just not going to happen. The man is mentally disturbed and simply is unfit to be in the high position he is. He and his criminal enterprise family will soon be crucified for their sins and the nation can begin the process of healing. He needs to be removed ASAP before any more damage is done.

Frankly, Kelly wasn't a grown up. His remarks about Rep. Wilson were lies. I'd like to think that any other POTUS would have fired him for that. My bet is that 45 won't be in a hurry to hire anyone as he's said he didn't need one and anyone who takes the job won't be of the highest caliber.

Frankly, Kelly wasn't a grown up. His remarks about Rep. Wilson were lies. I'd like to think that any other POTUS would have fired him for that. My bet is that 45 won't be in a hurry to hire anyone as he's said he didn't need one and anyone who takes the job won't be of the highest caliber.

He did lower himself surprisingly sometimes. Whether they were unforced errors or whether it's just what happens when you try to get down to Trump's level, I had expected better of him than he showed on a few occasions. But overall, he was still the grown up in the room.

Trump didn't fire Kelly, Kelly resigned.

Of course he did.:wink2:

Trump never fires anyone. Individual 1 doesn't have the balls to do it himself. Acting on Trump's direction Kelly always calls the firee on the phone and gives them a choice of resigning or being fired. This time the SOP presented a problem in Kelly's resignation. I would imagine using a separate number Kelly called his work phone and left a message to himself that he could resign or Trump would throw his butt over the fence.

Of course he did.:wink2:

Trump never fires anyone. Individual 1 doesn't have the balls to do it himself. Acting on Trump's direction Kelly always calls the firee on the phone and gives them a choice of resigning or being fired. This time the SOP presented a problem in Kelly's resignation. I would imagine using a separate number Kelly called his work phone and left a message to himself that he could resign or Trump would throw his butt over the fence.

Maybe he disguised his voice so that he wouldn't recognize himself.

Back
Top Bottom