• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

John Kasich Will Be the Republican Nominee for President

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[h=1]John Kasich Will Be the Republican Nominee for President[/h]
According to the Huffington Post.

Which, logic dictates, would be much more likely to favor Clinton or Sanders over any Republican.

Yet, Kasich has a better shot at winning the general over either of the Democratic possibles than either Ted Cruz or Donald Trump.

So, maybe the Huffington Post is worried that they might be right.

The election gets weirder and weirder.

Which, logic dictates, would be much more likely to favor Clinton or Sanders over any Republican.

Yet, Kasich has a better shot at winning the general over either of the Democratic possibles than either Ted Cruz or Donald Trump.

Not a snowball's chance in hell - and "weird " doesn't get close. Homer Simpson has a better chance.

while he would be my choice, second only to Bernie in the national election, paul ryan has already not thrown his hat into the ring .... just like he did not want the speakership of the house
if tRump arrives in cleveland with less than 1237 delegates, ryan will be the GOP's establishment candiate

If republicans use the contested convention to hand the nomination to someone who did not come close to the 1237 or what ever that number is after the last state has voted then they will basically be shooting themselves in the foot. Because republican voters will see that as a huge middle finger by the establishment. RINOs and other Kasich supporters can argue till their face turns Blue that the voters don't decide but that is not how the average primary voter will see it.

If republicans use the contested convention to hand the nomination to someone who did not come close to the 1237 or what ever that number is after the last state has voted then they will basically be shooting themselves in the foot. Because republican voters will see that as a huge middle finger by the establishment. RINOs and other Kasich supporters can argue till their face turns Blue that the voters don't decide but that is not how the average primary voter will see it.

I saw another article that they are expecting to do just that possibly.
if the delegates can't come to some agreement and there is no way that the current set of candidates are going
to endorse each other then the delegates could pick a compromise candidate.

it has happened before. I think it was harding if I remember correctly?

in this case they are saying that the compromise candidate would be paul ryan.

contested conventions are like constitutional conventions. anything and everything is possible
and the people simply don't have a voice in the process.

similar to if the during the presidential election neither candidate can get enough votes for get to 270.
then the house votes for president.

after losing CO and WY and even WI trump can't win the nomination.

More garbage from the Huff ! Next they will claim Hillary was nominated for sainthood ! :lol:

HP has really seemed like they were in Bernie's corner. Since Bernie beats Kasich in current polls this is probably just a covert attempt to shore up votes for Bernie.

Bernie beats all the Repub candidates, excluding Hillary.

Probably true. If, on the other hand, they nominate Trump, they've also shot themselves in the foot by picking a nominee that a significant portion of the electorate thinks is totally unacceptable. They're sort of caught between a rock and a hard place.

Probably true. If, on the other hand, they nominate Trump, they've also shot themselves in the foot by picking a nominee that a significant portion of the electorate thinks is totally unacceptable. They're sort of caught between a rock and a hard place.

Good for them because they put the American people between a rock and a hard place when they cut revenue, went to war on credit, handed over an economic crisis then filibustered sixty nine times the recovery.

If this is true, I'd be happier than a pig in ****. Go Kasich.

That the Republicans run someone who isn't a demagogue or a nutcase and has a realistic chance of winning? Seems like a good thing to me.

no doubt that's a good thing
kasich gets my vote - unless Bernie is also an option

i was being snarky about identifying as a pig in **** being a good thing

no doubt that's a good thing
kasich gets my vote - unless Bernie is also an option

i was being snarky about identifying as a pig in **** being a good thing

The pig probably thinks it is.

And the Trumpeteers seem to think.... Oh, I see.

The pig probably thinks it is.

And the Trumpeteers seem to think.... Oh, I see.

Trump is the better choice for you Republicans, any of your other choices are just something out of the blue.

Probably. I think it depends on how it happens. If we are on Ballot #9, and nobody can get any of the candidates across the 1237 line, they might understandably reach out for a dark horse. My highly objective and data-intensive Facebook Feed Forecast at this point is that it might be General Mattis, which would be awesome. We could rename the Department of Defense to the Department of Offense (let them play Defense for a change), and force Congress to pass entitlement reform by scowling angrily at them until their souls fled.

Because they are my first go-to source for data analysis: worth noting: 538 says that Ted Cruz is the most likely winner of a contested convention.

I'd like to believe it. He's the only one of them all I can remotely tolerate (except Bernie).

Because they are my first go-to source for data analysis: worth noting: 538 says that Ted Cruz is the most likely winner of a contested convention.

They may be right.
I don't think he's the most likely winner of the general election, however.

In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Hillary will be the ultimate winner despite not being so popular among the Democrats, this because of the Republicans' inability to field an electable candidate.

Back
Top Bottom