• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Hinckley Jr, Attempted Assassin of Reagan, Released from Mental Hospital

Perhaps mental health professionals have concluded that Hinckley was no longer likely to commit criminal acts in order to gain favor with his celebrity crushes. Meanwhile, thousands of violent criminals, whose motive was personal financial gain, are being released with no evaluation what so ever simply because their fixed minimum incarceration time was up. Which released offender category poses the greater risk to society?

I wonder if Jodie Foster feels safe.

Maybe the judge hopes he tries to kill Trump now.

John Hinckley Jr, who attempted to assassinat US President Ronald Reagan back in 1981, has been released from the mental hospital he was in. He is 61 years old.

John Hinckley Jr., the man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan, is granted release from hospital - LA Times

Oh good, now that he's sane, we can hang him for his crime.

About 90% of criminals should be receiving treatment for mental illness, so I never understood the whole "Lets put certain people into mental hospitals because they are crazy and the others can go to jail." mindset. If you commit murder, then there's a short circuit in your brain and that should mean that pretty much all murderers should be in mental hospitals, instead of jail. But we pick and choose certain types of insanity to lock up and certain types to try to "fix". If I was a murderer serving a life sentence and I heard about Hinkley, I'd be pissed. If I wanted to murder someone, I'd make VERY sure that I at least successfully fake the kind of insanity that gets a guy a mental hospital stay, instead of a prison sentence (ala "Primal Fear").

When he finds out Jodie is a lesbian, that might set him off again. Look out.

I wonder if Jodie Foster feels safe.

She was 14 when Hinckley had a crush on her. I'm thinking she's not his "type" anymore, if you know what I mean.

She was 14 when Hinckley had a crush on her. I'm thinking she's not his "type" anymore, if you know what I mean.

Since she was 19 at the time of the assassination attempt, does that change your "thinking"?

That cameraman was a hell of a witness.

Since she was 19 at the time of the assassination attempt, does that change your "thinking"?

No, because she was 14 when his infatuation began. Either way, 54 is probably too old now. He may shoot someone to impress Alison Gold or Bindi Irwin, though.

I live close to Williamsburg and a few years back saw him and his mother in a resturant. He may be sane enough and no longer a threat enough to justify his release medically. But he still has what can only be called crazy eyes. Have but seen a recent picture but back then he still looked the same as I remembered him to a scary point.

Man, he's gonna be pissed when he finds out Jodie Foster is a lesbian

Back
Top Bottom