• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Dean, Real Democratic Desperation

I realize Liberals have problems understanding how the rules of evidence or the law works so I will help you out. Any comment from Dean is nothing but hear say. If you were looking for an expert who's testimony could lead to a conclusion or a charge you would bring in an investigator who actually investigated the crimes. Not a 3rd party nobody from the 70s who's testimony can't provide you with a single crime you could charge someone for.

It shows the real idiocy of the Democratic party to even consider this testimony to have any value.

Your words tell us that you don't understand the meaning of "hear say (sic)"

Dean didn't come forward. He was caught. He was involved with the Watergate burglaries and the Watergate scandal cover-up. Considered to be the "master manipulator of the cover-up" by the FBI he pleaded guilty to a single felony count in exchange for becoming a key witness for the prosecution. This ultimately resulted in a reduced prison sentence, which he served at Fort Holabird outside Baltimore, Maryland.

So lets no try and make some hero out of this guy.

Which part of "cautionary tale" did you not understand? Or "flawed human being"? He did bad, he owned up, he did some light time at "club fed." He owns his bad behavior, which is more than most of us can claim.

There were at least two seasoned prosecutors on that panel who have obviously read the Mueller report. Along with the now more than 1,000 who signed that letter of condemnation regarding the very conclusive obstruction evidence detailed in Volume II, they all say the same thing: if Trump was not the sitting president, he would be indicted and awaiting trial. The Oval Office is all that stands between Trump and an orange jumpsuit.

STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS – DOJ Alumni Statement – Medium

What exactly is your point? The question was and is about Deans testimony. What does your post have to do with Dean testifying in this hearing?

Didn't see anything in there about a Liberal but I couldn't expect you to know the difference. Thanks for making my point.

BWWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

Are you ****ing serious man? Do you know what Democrats are? Do you think liberals are voting Trump or something? Good lord man.

What exactly is your point? The question was and is about Deans testimony. What does your post have to do with Dean testifying in this hearing?

Wow, such hostility. My point was that Dean was not the only one testifying. Get a grip.

Thats all you got from the post? The fact that I didn't adjoin the two words? You couldn't divine the meaning of my post because I made two words out of one?

Wow, such hostility. My point was that Dean was not the only one testifying. Get a grip.

Not trying to be hostile. I posted that Deans testimony was hearsay and why it was worthless. You answered there were others who were testifying.
My question is, does that somehow make Deans testimony not hearsay anymore because others were testifying? Didn't mean it to come of snarky.

Dems what a complete ****show...with leadership like Nadler Pelosi Schumer Schiff Dems have ZERO chance in 2020...thanks Dems:2wave:

BWWHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

Are you ****ing serious man? Do you know what Democrats are? Do you think liberals are voting Trump or something? Good lord man.

For your information, Most Democrats are not loony Liberals. While all Liberals are Democrat, Not all Democrats are loony Liberals.

Thats all you got from the post? The fact that I didn't adjoin the two words? You couldn't divine the meaning of my post because I made two words out of one?

Your words tell the discerning that you refuse to accept the point I made; which is the fact that Dean's testimony was not hearsay but an actual recitation of facts and the connections between Nixon's and Trump's actions.

hearsay
noun

information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

Dean's testimony and replies to relevant questions were based on his personal experience and NOT hearsay.

Which part of "cautionary tale" did you not understand? Or "flawed human being"? He did bad, he owned up, he did some light time at "club fed." He owns his bad behavior, which is more than most of us can claim.

Owning up after getting caught so you can get a sentence reduction isn't owning up. If he really owned up without the deal of the century, he would still be in prison. As far as I am concerned he did his time and its in the past but to make this guy out to be honorable isn't going to pass muster.

If Democrats really believed Trump had committed Conspiracy or Obstruction, Why would you lead off your Impeachment Hearings with John Dean who was convicted for his cover up in the 1970s Watergate scandal. He is a convicted felon, a CNN commentator, who has compared every president with his and Nixon's criminal activities, has no evidence, was not involved in any investigation, and has no connection to the Mueller report?

LOL! What a laughably naive question. Because he knows all about OOJ. Personal experience.
Because this is how desperate Democrats have become. Its a joke at best. John Dean was the architect of the Watergate scandal. He was disbarred and sent to prison for his crimes during the Nixon administration.

Which is irrelevant to the veracity of his insight into corrupt administrations, like the one we have now. This is really basic, ground-level reasoning here.
Democrats don't have the balls to attempt an Impeachment so instead of subpoenaing the first logical witness (Mueller) who is the architect of the report and the lead investigator, or any attorney on the special counsel or any FBI investigator, or any former witness, they bring in a CNN commentator? Unfortunately for Democrats, their asinine attempt to put on this clown show wasn't aired because of the Helicopter crash in New York.

Pelosi is female. Since you don't seem aware of it, she has no testicles; she's female. And she's playing the long game, something your god, twump, is incapable of doing.
Who are the Democrats going to bring in next, Whitey Bulger? Jerry Nadler is an embarrassment to this country.

Your asinine questions belie your desperation.

I realize Liberals have problems understanding how the rules of evidence or the law works so I will help you out. Any comment from Dean is nothing but hear say. If you were looking for an expert who's testimony could lead to a conclusion or a charge you would bring in an investigator who actually investigated the crimes. Not a 3rd party nobody from the 70s who's testimony can't provide you with a single crime you could charge someone for.

It shows the real idiocy of the Democratic party to even consider this testimony to have any value.

No, that's not hearsay. He was there, directly as a participant and eye witness. He wasn't a '3rd party'.

If you don't understand the term 'hearsay' (not 'hear say'), then why embarrass yourself and try and use it? What's the point?

Who are the Democrats going to bring in next, Whitey Bulger?

As you know, Mr. Bulger was transferred to a prison, where he was almost immediately murdered.

The media for some reason have been very quiet about this outrageous dereliction of duty on the part of those officials who were entrusted with his security.

Be gentle with Mr. Dean.

Instead of sitting on a park bench with other old men (like me), he gets to appear before Congress and on TV. He gets another 15 minutes of fame by helping the Dems to frame the President.

Your words tell the discerning that you refuse to accept the point I made; which is the fact that Dean's testimony was not hearsay but an actual recitation of facts and the connections between Nixon's and Trump's actions.
There are no facts or connections between Nixon and Trumps actions. If you mean, Dean thinks Trump was acting like Nixon, that is hearsay. Since Dean did not witness anything Trump did and only got his knowledge from what he has read, heard on the news, or was told by someone else, that makes his testimony hearsay. That is the absolute literal meaning of hearsay.

Dean's testimony and replies to relevant questions were based on his personal experience and NOT hearsay.
He has no experience with Trump.

There are no facts or connections between Nixon and Trumps actions. If you mean, Dean thinks Trump was acting like Nixon, that is hearsay. Since Dean did not witness anything Trump did and only got his knowledge from what he has read, heard on the news, or was told by someone else, that makes his testimony hearsay. That is the absolute literal meaning of hearsay.

You desperately need to learn what hearsay means. His testimony was his opinion, not simply repeating what someone else told him. You literally have no clue what you're talking about.
He has no experience with Trump.

He doesn't need to have. He has experience with the criminal acts associated with twump.

Dems try and frame Trump Administration for Treason and turn around and accuse Trump of Obstruction for getting mad about it....GTFO

Only stupid Maddow viewers truly buy that turd sandwich.

No, that's not hearsay. He was there, directly as a participant and eye witness. He wasn't a '3rd party'

Wow, Really? Please, enlighten us. I am dying to hear how John Dean was involved and how he witnesses crimes committed by Trump.

Dems what a complete ****show...with leadership like Nadler Pelosi Schumer Schiff Dems have ZERO chance in 2020...thanks Dems:2wave:

I think the leftist nutjobs are doing a great job. We ought to be encouraging their lunatic behavior. I mean they have some heavy hitters. Jerry Go-Nadler there, The San Fran Nan, how can they go wrong?

The left drones on about impeachment. It's a ploy to divert attention away from their Deep State globalist allies who sooner or later will face justice. It's gonna be fun watching the leftists crap their pants. :) Again.

For your information, Most Democrats are not loony Liberals. While all Liberals are Democrat, Not all Democrats are loony Liberals.

They are all leftists.

Back
Top Bottom