• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Brenan Warns ISIS as Dangerous as Ever

Last edited:
The opponents of ISIS have a very large cadre of fighters who are attacking ISIS right now!

The CIA director says the CIA faces more danger from ISIS than ever... better sthart ****ting our pants then fork over all our money to the CIA.

So Obama's plan to defeat and or contain ISIS has apparently failed miserably

Strange when you consider our super power status and our Military capabilities

Its almost as if Obama has been lying all along

Isn't this kind of a no brainer?
I mean Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi hasn't taken a bullet to the head as far as I've heard right?

The CIA and many other government entities go to the hill and preach scary stories all the time so as to receive greater funding for their department. But it comes as no surprise to me that you see this as ISIS is all Obama's fault.

The CIA and many other government entities go to the hill and preach scary stories all the time so as to receive greater funding for their department. But it comes as no surprise to me that you see this as ISIS is all Obama's fault.

LOL, no kidding. Some of those same analysts even tried to claim - a couple of years ago - to the White House that this "former AQI group" was going to become big. :rolls eyes: good thing the President knew they were really JV.

John Brenan warns ISIS can draw on a large cadre of Western fighters to attack the US.

CIA director grave warning: ISIS dangerous as ever - CNNPolitics.com

OP Fenton is a stupid asshole who cannot even spell his own thread title names correctly:

Listen, Fenton, you dork, the guy's name is spelled B-r-e-n-N-a-n BrenNan.

Gottit now, moron?

Everything you say, right or wrong, is transformed into wrong by such error.

Pay attention to WTF you are writing.

No, not at all, as has been pointed out to you several times already. He's been rather effective in weakening ISIS, killing their top leaders, shrinking their territory and diminishing their finances.

Why keep repeating the same nonsense?

No, not at all, as has been pointed out to you several times already. He's been rather effective in weakening ISIS, killing their top leaders, shrinking their territory and diminishing their finances.

Why keep repeating the same nonsense?

Obama declared ISIS 'contained' day before Paris attack - CNNPolitics.com

Why did the CIA director " repeats the same nonsense " and offer up a analysis that directly opposed to Obama's bull **** false narrative that ISIS " is on the defense and ISIS is contained ?

I dunno, maybe he's bored

OP Fenton is a stupid asshole who cannot even spell his own thread title names correctly:

Gottit now, moron?

There are better and more constructive ways to get attention

Why did the CIA director " repeats the same nonsense " and offer up a analysis that directly opposed to Obama's bull **** false narrative that ISIS " is on the defense and ISIS is contained ?

Wrong. He's substantially weakened ISIL in it's home territory and taken out their numbers 2, 3 and 4 top commanders.

You should really know what you're talking about before talking.

ISIS cuts its fighters' salaries by 50% - Jan. 19, 2016
ISIS number two, Haji Imam, is reportedly killed in Syria
US Kills ISIS Second-In-Command For 3rd Time In 2 Years | Zero Hedge
ISIS commander killed in Iraqi air strike - CNN.com

Sorry none of that squares with your false narrative. But, by all means, keep living in a fantasy world of your own creation.

Wrong. He's substantially weakened ISIL in it's home territory and taken out their numbers 2, 3 and 4 top commanders.

You should really know what you're talking about before talking.

ISIS cuts its fighters' salaries by 50% - Jan. 19, 2016
ISIS number two, Haji Imam, is reportedly killed in Syria
US Kills ISIS Second-In-Command For 3rd Time In 2 Years | Zero Hedge
ISIS commander killed in Iraqi air strike - CNN.com

Sorry none of that squares with your false narrative. But, by all means, keep living in a fantasy world of your own creation.

So John Brennan is living in a fantasy world ? Im beginning to think you're living in a fantasy world.

Youre under the delusion that I'M the one that stated ISIS was " more dangerous than ever " but again, it was Obama's appointment to head the CIA that made it, not me

Youre so desperate to defend Obama that you've literally interchanged me, Fenton with John Brennan. For the record, I am not the CIA director....Lol

Sure, its funny but its also a bit pathetic.

You know what the difference is between a Conservative and a Liberal ?

A Conservative defines his ideology according to the truth. A Liberal defines the truth according to his ideology.

Get it ? The truth to the left is malleable, bendable and even expendable to a Liberal

So John Brennan is living in a fantasy world ? Im beginning to think you're living in a fantasy world.

No, you are. Please reread what I posted.
Youre under the delusion that I'M the one that stated ISIS was " more dangerous than ever " but again, it was Obama's appointment to head the CIA that made it, not me

No, I'm not. You're pushing that same nonsense. And while in the eyes of some they may be still dangerous, objective evidence shows that they've been weakened. That's simply reality.
Youre so desperate to defend Obama that you've literally interchanged me, Fenton with John Brennan. For the record, I am not the CIA director....Lol

I'm not defending Obama, m'am, I'm simply pointing our relevant factual information that clearly frightens you to death.
Sure, its funny but its also a bit pathetic.

Indeed! Your intellectual cowardice is quite pathetic.
You know what the difference is between a Conservative and a Liberal ?

A Conservative defines his ideology according to the truth. A Liberal defines the truth according to his ideology.

Get it ? The truth to the left is malleable, bendable and even expendable to a Liberal

There's your active fantasy life, rearing its ugly head again.

You have my pity, but that's about it.

Gottit now, moron?

Gottit should be got it. Got it, dickhead?

No, I'm not. You're pushing that same nonsense. And while in the eyes of some they may be still dangerous, objective evidence shows that they've been weakened. That's simply reality.

I'm not defending Obama, m'am, I'm simply pointing our relevant factual information that clearly frightens you to death.

And then there's this.

and this.

CIA director?s chilling warning: ISIS to ?intensify? global attacks, not losing influence | Fox News

And never pity those who aren't afraid to tell the truth

John Brenan warns ISIS can draw on a large cadre of Western fighters to attack the US.

CIA director grave warning: ISIS dangerous as ever - CNNPolitics.com

Funny. Wasn't it just the other week where Obama was saying that ISIS is degraded and losing ground?

Oh. Right. Obama being true to form as always. Should have known.

Your issue is not with Fenton, but with Brennan (as Fenton has tried to point out to you). I suspect that Brennan has a bit more info on the subject than you do, but with your head so far up Obamas bum it has got to be a challenge for you to get a grip on reality.

You do realize that the director essentially mirrored what Obama says when ISIS is loosing ground? As they loose ground they will increase attacks on soft targets...

"The resources needed for terrorism are very modest, and the group would have to suffer even heavier losses of territory, manpower and money for its terrorist capacity to decline significantly," Brennan added. "In fact, as the pressure mounts on ISIL, we judge that it will intensify its global terror campaign to maintain its dominance of the global terrorism agenda."... The CIA director noted that ISIS has lost "large stretches" of territory in Iraq and Syria, has experienced a reduction of finances, and has struggled to replenish its ranks as fewer foreign fighters have been traveling to those countries."

And more from his testimony:
"On the battlefields of Syria and Iraq, the U.S-led coalition has made important progress against ISIL. The group appears to be a long way from realizing the vision that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi laid out when he declared the “caliphate” two years ago in Mosul.... Several notable indicators are trending in the right direction. ISIL has lost large stretches of territory in both Syria and Iraq. Its finance and media operations have been squeezed. And it has struggled to replenish its ranks of fighters, in part because fewer foreign fighters are traveling to Syria. Moreover, some reports suggest that a growing number of ISIL members are becoming disillusioned with the group and are eager to follow in the footsteps of members who have already defected... In sum, ISIL remains a formidable adversary, but the United States and our global partners have succeeded in putting the group on the defensive, forcing it to devote more time and energy to try to hold territory and to protect its vital infrastructure."
https://www.cia.gov/news-informatio...nan-as-prepared-for-delivery-before-ssci.html

In summary... ISIS is loosing on the battlefield. They are on the defensive and loosing more and more land, more and more fighters, and more and more resources. However as he essentially said committing terrorist attacks on soft targets takes little resources and unfortunately are pretty hard to prevent.

The world is ****ed when the President of the United States and his CIA director aren't in sync. doG help us

The world is ****ed when the President of the United States and his CIA director aren't in sync. doG help us

Who do you believe more, the outgoing president or a guy whose budget is determined by the level of fear in the nation.

Generals and FBI directors always over-sell the threat to ensure if that if they are cut, it won't be by a lot.

Your issue is not with Fenton, but with Brennan (as Fenton has tried to point out to you). I suspect that Brennan has a bit more info on the subject than you do, but with your head so far up Obamas bum it has got to be a challenge for you to get a grip on reality.

LOL! No, troll, I'm not a supporter of Obama, despite your clear pathological need for me to be to prop up your delusion.

What I linked to is simple, empirical facts: ISIS territory has shrunk. Their finances have been weakened. We've killed their top leaders.

You can pout and whine all day, but it won't change that.

You do realize that the director essentially mirrored what Obama says when ISIS is loosing ground? As they loose ground they will increase attacks on soft targets...

"The resources needed for terrorism are very modest, and the group would have to suffer even heavier losses of territory, manpower and money for its terrorist capacity to decline significantly," Brennan added. "In fact, as the pressure mounts on ISIL, we judge that it will intensify its global terror campaign to maintain its dominance of the global terrorism agenda."... The CIA director noted that ISIS has lost "large stretches" of territory in Iraq and Syria, has experienced a reduction of finances, and has struggled to replenish its ranks as fewer foreign fighters have been traveling to those countries."

And more from his testimony:
"On the battlefields of Syria and Iraq, the U.S-led coalition has made important progress against ISIL. The group appears to be a long way from realizing the vision that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi laid out when he declared the “caliphate” two years ago in Mosul.... Several notable indicators are trending in the right direction. ISIL has lost large stretches of territory in both Syria and Iraq. Its finance and media operations have been squeezed. And it has struggled to replenish its ranks of fighters, in part because fewer foreign fighters are traveling to Syria. Moreover, some reports suggest that a growing number of ISIL members are becoming disillusioned with the group and are eager to follow in the footsteps of members who have already defected... In sum, ISIL remains a formidable adversary, but the United States and our global partners have succeeded in putting the group on the defensive, forcing it to devote more time and energy to try to hold territory and to protect its vital infrastructure."
https://www.cia.gov/news-informatio...nan-as-prepared-for-delivery-before-ssci.html

In summary... ISIS is loosing on the battlefield. They are on the defensive and loosing more and more land, more and more fighters, and more and more resources. However as he essentially said committing terrorist attacks on soft targets takes little resources and unfortunately are pretty hard to prevent.

Such jackhammer subtly and nuance is lost on those pathologically obsessed with making Obama look bad at all costs.

Their delicate little worlds would implode if they ever accepted reality.

Who do you believe more, the outgoing president or a guy whose budget is determined by the level of fear in the nation.

Generals and FBI directors always over-sell the threat to ensure if that if they are cut, it won't be by a lot.

Neither, really.

Back
Top Bottom