• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Bolton To Aisle 5 For Cleanup

This is what happens when you conduct foreign policy via Twitter.

Pompeo probably had something to do with this. Can see how that discussion might have gone: "Hey Donald ..I can't keep this up....I have had Donald cleanup duties for International aisles 1 through Infinity since taking this job. Time to get Bolton off his dead lazy, playing the NSA on TV butt and out on some clean up duty."

Bolton should have fun on his next stop in Turkey where Erdogan is likely to be going ballistic. What does Erdogan get out of this? He exposed his game plan to the Donald, warned Donald against a hasty withdrawal as that was not what Erdogan wanted. Now Erdogan has been publicly outed as ready, willing and much desirous of crossing the border into Syria to take out the Kurds, a border Syria has no interest in either defending nor even maintaining. If I were Erdogan, I would be beside myself furious with the Donald. How many bridges has Donald burned in just two years? How many more will he burn in two more?

One of the real issues here is as the guardrails come off Donald Duck with departures and with Donald's obvious unfitness for office, what happens if there is a real crisis, international or domestic. Donald is obviously out of his depth already. What about a financial crisis.. Does anybody in his right mind think that Donald Duck could ever in the wildest of imaginations be able to muster the nuts for that?

A real international crisis. Would Donald do anything more than lock the front door of the WH and turn on the TV?

Each mini-crisis seems to be little more far reaching than the last........

Just brainstorming these discussions further: What do we think Erdogan thought would happen when he discussed Syria and the Kurds with Donald? We already know that Erdogan was stunned at Donald's response. So Erdogan was probably doing some advance planning. He was probably just trying to gain some intelligence with regard to how long the US intended staying in Syria so that he Erdogan knew how to plan taking out the Kurds.

Donald should have been able to sense Erdogan's intentions and he should have stated loud and clear that the US was not going to let Turkey annihilate our allies who had fought shoulder to shoulder with us in this fight against ISIS. That is how that discussion should have gone. Not....."OK....we are outta' here".

When Bolton and Erdogan sit down, Erdogan is likely to say "you know, people think I am an autocrat who has simply used immoral and illegal means to override Turkish law to take power. But your guy is either stark raving crazy or dumb as a tree stump".

Just brainstorming these discussions further: What do we think Erdogan thought would happen when he discussed Syria and the Kurds with Donald? We already know that Erdogan was stunned at Donald's response. So Erdogan was probably doing some advance planning. He was probably just trying to gain some intelligence with regard to how long the US intended staying in Syria so that he Erdogan knew how to plan taking out the Kurds.

Donald should have been able to sense Erdogan's intentions and he should have stated loud and clear that the US was not going to let Turkey annihilate our allies who had fought shoulder to shoulder with us in this fight against ISIS. That is how that discussion should have gone. Not....."OK....we are outta' here".

When Bolton and Erdogan sit down, Erdogan is likely to say "you know, people think I am an autocrat who has simply used immoral and illegal means to override Turkish law to take power. But your guy is either stark raving crazy or dumb as a tree stump".

Well first you have to ask if any western elites even care. The answer is no...they don't they couldn't care less.

[They] watch all of those brave young'ns wearing those boots on the ground on CNN...die for their benefit.

Even many of our brave young soldiers are beginning to realize that they are not fighting to protect America but

rather for elites bidding for hegemony. The late marine Gen.Smedley Butler, "War is a Racket."

Well first you have to ask if any western elites even care. The answer is no...they don't they couldn't care less.

[They] watch all of those brave young'ns wearing those boots on the ground on CNN...die for their benefit.

Even many of our brave young soldiers are beginning to realize that they are not fighting to protect America but

rather for elites bidding for hegemony. The late marine Gen.Smedley Butler, "War is a Racket."

Wrong... If you don't think there is a US National Security element to this, learn how to read a map! Then you can school yourself in the ability to make value judgements. Now if you want to talk about 14,000 troopers in Afghanistan on a mission that no longer even has definition...fine...that is a discussion. 2,200 troopers in Syria is not even a discussion. Their mission is clear and its rewards are obvious for the risk and the expenditure of resources.

Well Erdogan is going ballistic and the US President looks like a fool again. Erdogan won't even meet with Bolton and is slamming the US for reneging on what he is calling a "deal" he made via phone with Donald Duck.

Perfect timing for Trump's National Security "Crisis" at the Southern Border speech tonight. This is a three ring circus of an administration now, the Keystone Kops Cubed. Why the networks gave Trump TV time tonight for what will simply be a string of lies is beyond me.

We have been relegated to "maybe as reliable as tinpot autocrat Erdogan....MAYBE or MAYBE NOT". Nice Donald...real nice.

I am beginning to wonder if Donald knows Mueller has got him by the nuts and if Donald is just playing out the string. You could not possible script this mess of an administration better for that possibility.

Who is John Bolton? According to Trump, his NSA is "Mike" Bolton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/bolton-trump-syria.html

Despite being a contemporary of Mr. Trump’s, however, Mr. Bolton is not a member of his inner circle. He does not have the same relationship with Mr. Trump that he had with Mr. Bush. Sometimes, with aides, the president refers to him as “Mike Bolton.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/23/politics/bolton-moscow-trip-putin-trump-meeting/index.html

"It's being discussed right now," Trump said, referring to a "Mike Bolton" currently in Moscow negotiating the talks (he was presumably referring to national security adviser John Bolton).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...219bba-11c5-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html

This where we have come? John Bolton correcting the Trump Administration; who saw that coming?

I keep waiting for the tipping point for the hardcore Trump supporters.

Once they reach that point and say "I get it now...this guy is bad news " ......I will not say I told you so....I will just be thankful someone else sees the light.

Trump's tweet regarding this situation were beyond irresponsible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...219bba-11c5-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html

This where we have come? John Bolton correcting the Trump Administration; who saw that coming?

More WAPO FAKE NEWS BULL****.

The President had already clearly stated that CERTAIN CONDITIONS MUST BE MET before our withdrawal, unlike the Mommy Pants BAILOUT of IRAQ....handing it over to ISIS. ISIS is now crushed there, thanks to PRESIDENT TRUMP, as well as in Syria and our airbase in Iraq WILL REMAIN to see to it it stays that way...ALSO UNLIKE MOMMY PANTS....

The President had already clearly stated that CERTAIN CONDITIONS MUST BE MET before our withdrawal, unlike the Mommy Pants BAILOUT of IRAQ....handing it over to ISIS. ISIS is now crushed there, thanks to PRESIDENT TRUMP, as well as in Syria and our airbase in Iraq WILL REMAIN to see to it it stays that way...ALSO UNLIKE MOMMY PANTS....

Trump initially claimed a pullout of Syria in 30 days from his December announcement. I know it must be hard to keep up from the IRA offices in St Petersburg.

Trump initially claimed a pullout of Syria in 30 days from his December announcement. I know it must be hard to keep up from the IRA offices in St Petersburg.

Please post the EXACT , UNEDITED QUOTE here, STATING EXACTLY WHAT YOU CLAIM.

He gave NO SUCH TIMELINE.

MORE LIES ABOUT WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID.....what else is new?

Last edited:
Please post the EXACT , UNEDITED QUOTE here, STATING EXACTLY WHAT YOU CLAIM.

He gave NO SUCH TIMELINE.

MORE LIES ABOUT WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID.....what else is new?

When Trump first announced the withdrawal on Dec. 19, administration officials said he ordered troops to begin leaving Syria in 30 days and those preconditions were not attached.
Trump on Dec 19th:
“They're all coming back and they're coming back now. We won, and that's the way we want it and that's the way they want it,” from Trump's twitter video of December 19th.

In fact, now means now even less than 30 days and NOW was Donald's wording not mine. Get your English dictionary out. I am sure you have them over there.

The Pentagon announced Wednesday (that same day) that it has started the process of withdrawing all 2,000 U.S. troops from Syria after the White House confirmed President Donald Trump had given the surprise order to leave because ISIS there had been "defeated."

When Trump first announced the withdrawal on Dec. 19, administration officials said he ordered troops to begin leaving Syria in 30 days and those preconditions were not attached.
Trump on Dec 19th:
“They're all coming back and they're coming back now. We won, and that's the way we want it and that's the way they want it,” from Trump's twitter video of December 19th.

In fact, now means now even less than 30 days and NOW was Donald's wording not mine. Get your English dictionary out. I am sure you have them over there.

The Pentagon announced Wednesday (that same day) that it has started the process of withdrawing all 2,000 U.S. troops from Syria after the White House confirmed President Donald Trump had given the surprise order to leave because ISIS there had been "defeated."

Depends what you mean by “now.”

Have to allow for the time delay, that poster is always late to the topic...........:lol:

Do you go to the store with no money? You come here with no information. Gets the same result. :2wave:

So while it might look from the outside that Pompeo and Bolton are not on the same page, IMO Trump left them no choice but to try to confuse the issue of the exact timing of troop withdrawals from Syria since Trump was so specific about the timing.

Whether one agrees with the troop withdrawals or not, the most dangerous thing for the troopers is for an enemy to know when they are leaving. The are sitting ducks and those that are left behind waiting for transport are even easier sitting duck targets. So at least IMO, Bolton and Pompeo are left trying to clean up after loud mouth Donald to protect those troopers. MSM has it wrong in not understanding that in this instance Pompeo and Bolton simply have no choice. Yes it makes for even more embarrassment for the US in the eyes of the world. Not only does it give Erdogan a chance to sound off and makes us look even more idiotic and Putin gets to gloat more.

It is laughably absurd for the US President to be this obtuse and this incapable of keeping his big mouth shut. Even now Trump cannot resist the temptation to defend his comments regarding the Syrian troop withdrawal when he should....just keep his big fat stupid trap shut!

Back
Top Bottom