• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

John Bolton shoots down Atlantic story saying Trump called soldiers ‘losers’: ‘I was there’; ‘I didn

Re: John Bolton shoots down Atlantic story saying Trump called soldiers ‘losers’: ‘I was there

You hardly have the standing to berate others for 'whoring themselves' but Ill just add it to the hateful crap that make up all of your posts here. If you actually listen to Boltens description of the events of the day in question, you will understand that he was present when these comments by Trump were supposedly made. He said they did not happen. Case closed.

Absolutely false

Re: John Bolton shoots down Atlantic story saying Trump called soldiers ‘losers’: ‘I was there

c. On Memorial Day 2017, Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery, a short drive from the White House. He was accompanied on this visit by John Kelly, who was then the secretary of homeland security, and who would, a short time later, be named the White House chief of staff. The two men were set to visit Section 60, the 14-acre area of the cemetery that is the burial ground for those killed in America’s most recent wars. Kelly’s son Robert is buried in Section 60. A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.

Lets just address this for the moment and assume it is true. Whats the problem? Kelly was clearly not insulted by it since he not only stayed at his post but went on to be Trumps chief of staff. Maybe Trump didnt understand. Maybe Kelly explained it to him. Maybe he now does understand. Its good of you to get all offended for John Kelly but if he wasnt offended, then your are just preening.

You hardly have the standing to berate others for 'whoring themselves' but Ill just add it to the hateful crap that make up all of your posts here. If you actually listen to Boltens description of the events of the day in question, you will understand that he was present when these comments by Trump were supposedly made. He said they did not happen. Case closed.

Bolten may be correct, maybe not. He is one source. What is curious is what Trump said in an interview

"Trump said: “I called home, I spoke to my wife and I said, ‘I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.’ And to the one that was the following day, which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it.”

But Melania Trump was not at “home” — she was on the trip with the president and was also scheduled to visit the cemetery.
Fact check: Trump denies disrespect of soldiers

Can you explain why Trump would say such a thing? It does add to the confusion of he did or did not say those things about those who served.

Lets just address this for the moment and assume it is true. Whats the problem? Kelly was clearly not insulted by it since he not only stayed at his post but went on to be Trumps chief of staff. Maybe Trump didnt understand. Maybe Kelly explained it to him. Maybe he now does understand.

I think Kelly gave him the benefit of the doubt. I think it's that simple.

Its good of you to get all offended for John Kelly but if he wasnt offended, then your are just preening.

I don't think anyone has to be Kelly to be offended by Trump's comments, you just have to be a patriotic American citizen who believes the sacrifice and service of U.S. troops mean something.

To not be offended by the comments, if true, is to basically be as much of a jerk as Trump. And, at this point, I think that's true for many Trump supporters. The meanness is the point. They love the meanness because they are mean people themselves. This is how people with an authoritarian mindset think and behave.

I don't whore myself for Donald Trump. That's you.

His name is Bolton, not Bolten.

Bolton was not the source of the Atlantic or Fox News reports. Bolton can not say what other people heard or didn't hear unless he was in the room with the ones who claimed they heard it, can he? He probably didn't hear Trump poop all week either. Does that mean Trump didn't poop?

You are on the Trump Train so tightly that you are on here tossing your dignity at his feet. That's on you. Pathetic and sad, but your choice.

I think Kelly gave him the benefit of the doubt. I think it's that simple.

I don't think anyone has to be Kelly to be offended by Trump's comments, you just have to be a patriotic American citizen who believes the sacrifice and service of U.S. troops mean something.

To not be offended by the comments, if true, is to basically be as much of a jerk as Trump. And, at this point, I think that's true for many Trump supporters. The meanness is the point. They love the meanness because they are mean people themselves. This is how people with an authoritarian mindset think and behave.

Im not offended by the question. Why should I be? And please drop the authoritarian idiocy already. Its just so dumb.

I don't whore myself for Donald Trump. That's you.

His name is Bolton, not Bolten.

Bolton was not the source of the Atlantic or Fox News reports. Bolton can not say what other people heard or didn't hear unless he was in the room with the ones who claimed they heard it, can he? He probably didn't hear Trump poop all week either. Does that mean Trump didn't poop?

You are on the Trump Train so tightly that you are on here tossing your dignity at his feet. That's on you. Pathetic and sad, but your choice.

Another angry and hate filled post. Way to meet everyones low expectations. Bolton was present when the discussion of the trip took place and he says Trump did not say what he is accused of saying. Sorry. Case closed. Youll just have to get suckered by the next phony story.

Another angry and hate filled post. Way to meet everyones low expectations. Bolton was present when the discussion of the trip took place and he says Trump did not say what he is accused of saying. Sorry. Case closed. Youll just have to get suckered by the next phony story.

Angry? I'm laughing at you because you come here and hump Trump's legs. That isn't angry. That's feeling sorry for you and being mad at myself for laughing at you when my parents told me not to laugh at people like you.

Bolton has not said he was with Trump 24/7 on the trip. But keep puckering your lips on Trump's ass. I'll laugh more.

He said it

Cased closed

Next case

Angry? I'm laughing at you because you come here and hump Trump's legs. That isn't angry. That's feeling sorry for you and being mad at myself for laughing at you when my parents told me not to laugh at people like you.

Bolton has not said he was with Trump 24/7 on the trip. But keep puckering your lips on Trump's ass. I'll laugh more.

Stop cackling and pay attention then. Bolton was there when the discussion took place and he says Trump didnt say it. Case closed.

Im not offended by the question. Why should I be?

This is exactly something somebody who doesn't care about our troops would say.

You're just like Trump and that is not a compliment.

And please drop the authoritarian idiocy already. Its just so dumb.

It has been proven in study after study.

Trump supporters tend to have an authoritarian personality type much more so than the rest of the population.

I know it sucks to have to admit to yourself, but it's true.

Stop cackling and pay attention then. Bolton was there when the discussion took place and he says Trump didnt say it. Case closed.

No he wasnt

This is exactly something somebody who doesn't care about our troops would say.

You're just like Trump and that is not a compliment.
Try answering the question. If you can.

It has been proven in study after study.

Trump supporters tend to have an authoritarian personality type much more so than the rest of the population.

I know it sucks to have to admit to yourself, but it's true.
Total bull****. Anything else?

No he wasnt

Who was there then? Give me the names of all of them

he was not with Trump during the entire trip, he stated that all by himself that Trump may have said it when he was not there.

Have the 4 sources said Bolton was there or not? Link it.

Stop saying stupid things to get into Trump's panties. You were not there. I was not there. You have no idea if Bolton was there.

he was not with Trump during the entire trip, he stated that all by himself that Trump may have said it when he was not there.

Explaining the obvious to the citizens of Trump Fan Nation is like playing canasta with your cat.

Who was there then? Give me the names of all of them

I dont have them and neither do you

Deny that

:roll: Try searching "frock of hair."

No one heard it. You can't name one person who claims they did, can you?

General John Kelly

Or was he? President Trump was sure he called his wife at home about the cancelled visit (post 28). She was with him on the trip.

Bolton was on the trip. That is a given. Bolton may be right, he may not.
I don't like unnamed sources like the Atlantic referenced. One should look for patterns of other statements by the President. Based on President Trumps past comments, imo, it is more likely he did say those things than not.

Trump has lied to us before and still does.

One should look for patterns of other statements by the President. Based on President Trumps past comments, imo, it is more likely he did say those things than not.

I can hear the Biden campaign when they planned this.

“Let’s have the anonymous source say Trump called dead soldiers losers. People will believe it, based on the comment he made about John McCain. Let’s say that it fits a pattern of behavior.”

Then who was all there when he supposedly said it?

Trump has lied to us before and still does.

Correction.

CNN has lied to us so many times, it is obvious that the Biden campaign is lying now. About their involvement in all this.

Then who was all there when he supposedly said it?

That list is confidential

Back
Top Bottom