• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Bolton Delivers Ultimate Blow to the Atlantic's Fake News Piece on Trump

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Who would believe it was Bolton that cleared Trump?

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton and President Trump did not part ways friends, let alone on good terms. After his ouster, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations wrote a damning book about his time in the White House, disparaging the president as ignorant, incompetent, and willing to pander to dictators. He also claimed the impeachment inquiry should’ve looked at more events than just Ukraine. After the book’s release, Trump blasted him as a “washed up Creepster…who should be in jail” because the memoir contained classified information.

With all this bad blood between them, there would be no reason for Bolton to defend the president, yet even he said The Atlantic’s story claiming the president called fallen soldiers “losers” is “simply false.”

“According to what that article said, the president made disparaging remarks about our soldiers, the people buried at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in connection with the decision for him not to go to the ceremony that was planned that afternoon and that was simply false,” he told Fox News’s Martha MacCallum. “I don’t know who told the author that, but that was false and I recount that in my book “The Room Where it Happened” and reaffirmed that in response to questions the next day.”

John Bolton Delivers Ultimate Blow to the Atlantic's Fake News Piece on Trump

Bearded Patriot will def pick this up!

Who would believe it was Bolton that cleared Trump?

With all this bad blood between them, there would be no reason for Bolton to defend the president, yet even he said The Atlantic’s story claiming the president called fallen soldiers “losers” is “simply false.”

Chickenhawk professional courtesy one to the other.

This has already been debunked. Bolton said he never heard it being said, but that does not mean it was not said.

John Bolton was also the guy who said Trump actively and intentionally extorted Ukraine in an attempt to get them involved in our election among other things so I think it's rather hilarious you're trying to use him as a Trump character witness.

Also, Bolton wasn't there when Trump said it so it doesn't mean much

John Bolton was also the guy who said Trump actively and intentionally extorted Ukraine in an attempt to get them involved in our election among other things so I think it's rather hilarious you're trying to use him as a Trump character witness.

Also, Bolton wasn't there when Trump said it so it doesn't mean much

Hell I was not there either...... Guess he did not not say it then:lamo

This has already been debunked. Bolton said he never heard it being said, but that does not mean it was not said.
Well if that's what passes nowadays, the Atlantic claims have already been debunked, too. Unnamed sources said they heard it being said, but that does not mean it was said.

As others have said in the other threads on this very subject, you guys on the right need to huddle up and decide that you trust Bolton or not.

To be clear, John Bolton is now a reliable source of truth regarding Trump to the Right?

To really be clear, he is this time. The Atlantic? Not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To really be clear, he is this time. The Atlantic? Not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is John Bolton trustworthy this time? Why isn't he trustworthy when he speaks against Trump?

Bolton's account is what he remembers and was involved in. I highly doubt Bolton was with the President 100% of the time. What is interesting is Trump's own words to a reporter.

"Trump said: “I called home, I spoke to my wife and I said, ‘I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.’ And to the one that was the following day, which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it.”

But Melania Trump was not at “home” — she was on the trip with the president and was also scheduled to visit the cemetery.'

Fact check: Trump denies disrespect of soldiers

Makes me wonder what else is false.

:lamo
Bolton "delivers ultimate blow", huh?

Because of an op/ed in Townhall?

So wait...you don't believe Bolton when he writes and entire book detailing Trump as ignorant, incompetent, corrupt and in-cahoots with every authoritarian foreign dictator in the world. But you believe Bolton when he says that he never heard Trump say any of the things in Goldberg's equally explosive article in The Atlantic.

You people are really funny! Maybe not the brightest or most thoughtful bunch....but funny as heck, for sure! :lamo

Well if that's what passes nowadays, the Atlantic claims have already been debunked, too. Unnamed sources said they heard it being said, but that does not mean it was said.

Not quite... multiple other unconnected news organisation including FOX NEWs have confirmed the Atlantic claims..

:lamo
Bolton "delivers ultimate blow", huh?

Because of an op/ed in Townhall?

So wait...you don't believe Bolton when he writes and entire book detailing Trump as ignorant, incompetent, corrupt and in-cahoots with every authoritarian foreign dictator in the world. But you believe Bolton when he says that he never heard Trump say any of the things in Goldberg's equally explosive article in The Atlantic.

You people are really funny! Maybe not the brightest or most thoughtful bunch....but funny as heck, for sure! :lamo

Watching you squirm when Bolten cleared Trump was very entertaining.

Not quite... multiple other unconnected news organisation including FOX NEWs have confirmed the Atlantic claims..

The same FOX news you guys call faux you mean.

Bolton's account is what he remembers and was involved in. I highly doubt Bolton was with the President 100% of the time. What is interesting is Trump's own words to a reporter.

"Trump said: “I called home, I spoke to my wife and I said, ‘I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.’ And to the one that was the following day, which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it.”

But Melania Trump was not at “home” — she was on the trip with the president and was also scheduled to visit the cemetery.'

Fact check: Trump denies disrespect of soldiers

Makes me wonder what else is false.

Does not matter what you doubt, what matters is that Bolton was always present and cleared Trump.

Why is John Bolton trustworthy this time? Why isn't he trustworthy when he speaks against Trump?

Bolton explains that if this story was true, it would be in the Bolton book already.

Lefties were all too happy to buy Bolton's book to get the "real" dirt on Donnie. Now they don't believe Bolton. Hypocrites! But it's how the democrats are, double standards always.

To be clear, John Bolton is now a reliable source of truth regarding Trump to the Right?

I'd say a lot more truthful than sources, if they even exist, that choose to remain anonymous when making such explosive allegations

As others have said in the other threads on this very subject, you guys on the right need to huddle up and decide that you trust Bolton or not.

Back atcha - to you guys of the left.

Is anyone normal really surprised? This had nothing burger written all over it.

I have mentioned this before but why in God's name would anybody listen to anything John Bolton has to say any longer. He had his shot to do the right thing. Chose not to. He has his book now and the sales are flagging. No longer even NYTimes top 15 and out of the Amazon top 12. IMO the only reason he said anything at all on this topic is because he has to get back in the news again. Sorry John...I don't give a crap about you or your flagging book sales or anything you have to say on any topic EVER AGAIN. Said that when he was pulling his horse crap around time to decide to testify. So this is wayyyy from the first time I have said it.

I don't trust a single thing Bolton says. Didn't trust him before. Don't trust him now.

Back
Top Bottom