• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Bolton Delivers Ultimate Blow to the Atlantic's Fake News Piece on Trump

The reality of the story:

Former White House national security adviser John Bolton said in comments published Friday that he never heard President Trump refer to slain American soldiers buried at a French cemetery as "losers" and "suckers," after the allegations were made in a bombshell report published Thursday.

"I didn't hear that," Bolton told The New York Times. "I'm not saying he didn't say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion."

On Saturday, a former senior administration official confirmed to CNN that Trump referred to fallen US service members at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in crude and derogatory terms during the November 2018 trip to France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. Fox News, the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Associated Press have also corroborated parts of The Atlantic's reporting.

It is a classic "he said, she said" scenario.

The problem for Trump is this

and

and

These videos with statements from Trump suggests that he does not respect the military all that much. This tilts the probability meter toward Trump having disparaged the troops than not.

Does not matter what you doubt, what matters is that Bolton was always present and cleared Trump.

OK.
It is interesting how you dodge the information showing Trump lied about his call to his wife regarding the incident.

If the President did not make the statements, then why lie about the phone call? There would be no need.

Last edited:
This has already been debunked. Bolton said he never heard it being said, but that does not mean it was not said.

Ah, the "do you still beat your wife" Kafka trap.

Watching you squirm when Bolten cleared Trump was very entertaining.

:lamo

Not half as entertaining as seeing moronic Trump supporters make fools of themselves over an OP/ED article that doesn't even accomplish what the Trumpsters think it did.

Bolton doesn't, in any way, argue that Trump never said any of the things that various high-level sources claim he said...at various times over the last 4+ years. He only says he didn't personally hear one thing, in one particular instance.

You people are clearly becoming more and more desperate. This latest Trump scandal really has you guys on your heels. Clearly, you know this one is going to last. Trump is already trailing Biden among active duty military in recent polls. This just cements his fate among them.

How quickly their hero as fallen...

:lamo
Bolton was your hero, until very recently.

Now you THINK you love him again...because you people don't READ. That's funny!

Last edited:
Lefties were all too happy to buy Bolton's book to get the "real" dirt on Donnie. Now they don't believe Bolton. Hypocrites! But it's how the democrats are, double standards always.

No one on the left said they don't believe Bolton, they, unlike you, correctly interpreted what he said.

What he said was that he didn't hear anyone say it, and went on to clarify that that fact doesn't prove he didn't say it, as he wasn't in on those conversations.

No one on the left said they don't believe Bolton, they, unlike you, correctly interpreted what he said.

What he said was that he didn't hear anyone say it, and went on to clarify that that fact doesn't prove he didn't say it, as he wasn't in on those conversations.

Just to clarify my own post. I don't care what Bolton said. I may never care what John Bolton says or writes ever again. Didn't think he mattered after Bush43. Don't think he matters now.

Back
Top Bottom