• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"john boehner calls ted cruz lucifer in the flesh"

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
John Boehner: Ted Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh' - LA Times

Looks like Ted does not have to many friends in Congress

John Boehner:

“I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

I believe America has dodged a bullet, do not care what you think of Trump, I will thank him for preventing a disaster called a Cruz Pres.

Last edited:
another cruz 'endorsement'

Just to give some perspective, Boehner likes Hillary more than Cruz. That should really stand out to everyone.

This may benefit Cruz. Many Republican voters very much dislike Boehner for being weak and seen as "appeasing Obama." It also strengthens Cruz' "I'm not the establishment" claim and wave that's benefiting Trump.

This may benefit Cruz. Many Republican voters very much dislike Boehner for being weak and seen as "appeasing Obama." It also strengthens Cruz' "I'm not the establishment" claim and wave that's benefiting Trump.

In what alternate reality will this aid Cruz, perhaps with the hard core Southern neo cons, guess what, they are not running the show this election cycle. It confirms what most of us already know about the mans character. Boehner is just saying what many Rep in Congress are thinking.

Nothing is going to benefit desperate ted....he's done. Not only Boner thinks the guy is a phony and a dweeb....His latest hail mary charade just sealed the deal....especially when she is already on record:

Nothing is going to benefit desperate ted....he's done. His latest hail mary charade just sealed the deal....especially when he is already on record:

I just hope there's a shot at it not being Trump. I'd actually welcome a Ted Cruz presidency. We need a little crazy to balance out the current crazy (and more crazy the other candidates have).

If I see the words "establishment" or "outsider" one more time I'm going to throw up.

Remember a bunch of years ago when everyone was throwing around the phrase "politics as usual?" You couldn't read one goddamn news article without seeing "politics as usual" throw in, like, fifteen times. It was a fad like sneakers with the push pump or how radio stations played Macarena every other song. Eventually "politics as usual" died its sweet, merciful death, as "establishment" needs to now.

I just hope there's a shot at it not being Trump. I'd actually welcome a Ted Cruz presidency. We need a little crazy to balance out the current crazy (and more crazy the other candidates have).

Desperate Ted is done....its going to be Trump.

I don't have much respect for Boehner.

But I would not be surprised one bit about Cruz.

He seems a loathsome politician.

Trump is probably slightly more decent but is so used to no one questioning him that he has developed a 'I am King' mentality and came up with some REALLY dumb ideas that no one questioned him on for fear of being fired.

Whereas Cruz just strikes me as slightly nuts - a little brighter then Trump but also a little more crazy.

Just to give some perspective, Boehner likes Hillary more than Cruz. That should really stand out to everyone.

From a hasbeen who was pathetic at his last job.....not really.

Well I certainly hope you're wrong.

The problem for Cruz is that he is on his last legs. His implosion, finishing in last place in 4 of the last 5 contests was not good. He was already gasping for breath before that. Even IF it goes to a contested convention, at this point it would likely go to Kasich before it would go to him...and THAT is unlikely. Trump is going to go into the convention with either the 1237 or at least pretty close to it. He will be close enough to garner enough of the uncommitted delegates. This race is over.

I don't have much respect for Boehner.

But I would not be surprised one bit about Cruz.

He seems a loathsome politician.

Trump is probably slightly more decent but is so used to no one questioning him that he has developed a 'I am King' mentality and came up with some REALLY dumb ideas that no one questioned him on for fear of being fired.

Whereas Cruz just strikes me as slightly nuts - a little brighter then Trump but also a little more crazy.

What Boehner said about Cruz is not new. Everybody hates him, it would seem. Even an old college roommate came out of the woodwork just to say how unlikable he was.

From a hasbeen who was pathetic at his last job.....not really.

Speaking of pathetic at his job, Cruz has not voted in Congress since Jan, sure wish I could take 3 months off my job and get compensated for it by the tax payers, who is the pathetic one?

What Boehner said about Cruz is not new. Everybody hates him, it would seem. Even an old college roommate came out of the woodwork just to say how unlikable he was.

Even his own family can't stand the guy.

yeah from the devil who blocked ENDA from being voted on, he is really one to talk

Even his own family can't stand the guy.

Some people are just like that. It makes you wonder how he got as far as he has with that kind of personality.

Some people are just like that. It makes you wonder how he got as far as he has with that kind of personality.

By lying his way there. He also accomplished that in Texas...so its not all that difficult.

at first i thought not really since hillary is basically a moderate republican

then i realized well boehner and cruz are both extremists, so this is likely over a personal grudge

at first i thought not really since hillary is basically a moderate republican

then i realized well boehner and cruz are both extremists, so this is likely over a personal grudge

True and no one likes the man.

because harvard law school and the senate are the perfect fit for scum like him

go figure that a fellow careerist pig like john boehner would wait until cruz has all but lost the nomination to make this comment

Speaking of pathetic at his job, Cruz has not voted in Congress since Jan, sure wish I could take 3 months off my job and get compensated for it by the tax payers, who is the pathetic one?

Become a politician....

Back
Top Bottom