• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"john boehner calls ted cruz lucifer in the flesh"

It won't be long before the floodgates open!
Why is that?

Do you think Cruz has an outside chance at a brokered convention? God help us all if that comes to pass.
Sorry.

I should've been more clear:

"It won't be long before the floodgates open for the GOP (establishment) to run to Trump"!

Initially weeks ago, I thought Newt Gingrich was warming-up to him and he might open the way, but it never happened - at least not publicly. Now with all the events of the past week transpiring, I think the move towards him will start in earnest!

I wouldn't say Lucifer.

Maybe one of his Lieutenants, like the Anti-Christ... ;)

Boehner is a drunk and was a corrupt speaker. If there is one thing that will cause a group of liars to panic its one honest man.

If I see the words "establishment" or "outsider" one more time I'm going to throw up.

Remember a bunch of years ago when everyone was throwing around the phrase "politics as usual?" You couldn't read one goddamn news article without seeing "politics as usual" throw in, like, fifteen times. It was a fad like sneakers with the push pump or how radio stations played Macarena every other song. Eventually "politics as usual" died its sweet, merciful death, as "establishment" needs to now.

Establishment. Outsider.

Sorry.

I should've been more clear:

"It won't be long before the floodgates open for the GOP (establishment) to run to Trump"!

Initially weeks ago, I thought Newt Gingrich was warming-up to him and he might open the way, but it never happened - at least not publicly. Now with all the events of the past week transpiring, I think the move towards him will start in earnest!

We are starting to see this already as a couple of Congressmen endorsed him yesterday and the Boehner comments are setting the stage for much more.

GOP establishment types will be seduced with the idea that Trump might actually be able to win doing what Reagan did in 1980 by pulling blue collar democratic types to his cause. They will ignore everything that has been said about Trump for the past eight months and will be willing to roll the dice on the Donald.

We are starting to see this already as a couple of Congressmen endorsed him yesterday and the Boehner comments are setting the stage for much more.

GOP establishment types will be seduced with the idea that Trump might actually be able to win doing what Reagan did in 1980 by pulling blue collar democratic types to his cause. They will ignore everything that has been said about Trump for the past eight months and will be willing to roll the dice on the Donald.
Democrats laughing at and mocking "Joe The Plumber" who gave as good as he got with Obama, should turn off many blue collar people this time around. That's another group the Democrats take for granted and have screwed mightily over the years.

Democrats laughing at and mocking "Joe The Plumber" who gave as good as he got with Obama, should turn off many blue collar people this time around. That's another group the Democrats take for granted and have screwed mightily over the years.

If that is the GOP hope - lotsa luck with Joe and his legions of admirers. :mrgreen:

If that is the GOP hope - lotsa luck with Joe and his legions of admirers. :mrgreen:
"If that is the GOP hope"? Nowhere did I imply that. What i said explicitly was that the Dems have screwed over the blue collar worker. And I can add that they've screwed over the education system because of the Teacher's Unions. The entire leadership of the Democrat party understands that they need extensive numbers of not very bright people in order to maintain their political control. You can see the fall of some blue collar union workers and the rise of other unions, and big business, depending on their value to party leadership.

Your mocking of the working man sums up well the interests of party over a working class man trying to make the best of it in life.

Last edited:
"If that is the GOP hope"? Nowhere did I imply that. What i said explicitly was that the Dems have screwed over the blue collar worker. And I can add that they've screwed over the education system because of the Teacher's Unions. The entire leadership of Democrat party understands that they need extensive numbers of not very bright people in order to maintain their political control. You can see the fall of some blue collar union workers and the rise of other unions, and big business, depending on their value to party leadership.

While I would say that the Dems do need to do much more to support blue collar people - I certainly would NOT say they have screwed anybody over. And I have no idea what you swipe at teachers unions has to do with it.

Yup

Bernies record is not much better, if you or I didn't turn up for work in over 3 months we would be canned. We desperately need term LIMITS for Congress, but it's not like many of them would vote to stop there own gravy train and free lunch.

We put them on this pedestal, we have to remove them.

While I would say that the Dems do need to do much more to support blue collar people - I certainly would NOT say they have screwed anybody over. And I have no idea what you swipe at teachers unions has to do with it.
Labor union blasts Obama on Keystone: 'Cowardly', 'shameful,' harbors 'disdain' for middle class - Washington Times

Obama Wrong on D.C. School Vouchers and Hypocritical, Just Like Congress | US News Opinion

That this generation of students needs 'safe zones' on universities for free speech when the entire country was once a 'safe zone for free speech' should explain everything. The fact is that a generation of young people have been mis-educated and we see them showing up on these boards or youtube videos daily. It is often not the fault of the young person entering these classrooms but the lack of a proper education after they arrive. Once they leave school they have to un-learn the crap they were told, often taking over a decade, most of them acquired.

Labor union blasts Obama on Keystone: 'Cowardly', 'shameful,' harbors 'disdain' for middle class - Washington Times

Obama Wrong on D.C. School Vouchers and Hypocritical, Just Like Congress | US News Opinion

That this generation of students needs 'safe zones' on universities for free speech when the entire country was once a 'safe zone for free speech' should explain everything. The fact is that a generation of young people have been mis-educated and we see them showing up on these boards or youtube videos daily. It is often not the fault of the young person entering these classrooms but the lack of a proper education after they arrive. Once they leave school they have to un-learn the crap they were told, often taking over a decade, most of them acquired.

I spent 33 years in public education as a teacher. I have attended countless union conferences and conventions where we spent countless hours in workshops designed for educational reform and better outcomes for students. It has been my on the ground experience in the education trenches that the main opponent of educational reform is the boards of education themselves and administrators who actually run the individual schools.

In education we talk about the three legged stool. Just as a stool has three legs that all must function and be balanced together for a stool to work - so does education have that same principle. In this case the legs are the student themselves, the school and the people who work in it, and finally the parents of the child. If any of those three fail to do their part in educating the child, the result is a seriously endangered result for the desired outcome.

In addition I would add that our over all culture and some of the sub-cultures within it is working more and more against traditional educational values with every passing year and that is a hard obstacle for many to overcome that dynamic.

We put them on this pedestal, we have to remove them.

Yes Sir!!

I believe term limits would put a stop to much of the cronyism, and to much time in Congress is too much influence. The Pres has term limits for those exact reasons.

Boehner is a drunk and was a corrupt speaker. If there is one thing that will cause a group of liars to panic its one honest man.

honest as in telling voters that your opposition candidate has left the race when he has not
reich wing version of being 'honest'

when one has no valid argument, word salad must suffice, instead

Just to give some perspective, Boehner likes Hillary more than Cruz. That should really stand out to everyone.

Boehner is the type of politician that has kept me an independent.

I spent 33 years in public education as a teacher. I have attended countless union conferences and conventions where we spent countless hours in workshops designed for educational reform and better outcomes for students. It has been my on the ground experience in the education trenches that the main opponent of educational reform is the boards of education themselves and administrators who actually run the individual schools.

In education we talk about the three legged stool. Just as a stool has three legs that all must function and be balanced together for a stool to work - so does education have that same principle. In this case the legs are the student themselves, the school and the people who work in it, and finally the parents of the child. If any of those three fail to do their part in educating the child, the result is a seriously endangered result for the desired outcome.

In addition I would add that our over all culture and some of the sub-cultures within it is working more and more against traditional educational values with every passing year and that is a hard obstacle for many to overcome that dynamic.
All three legs of that stool are wobbly and I certainly agree with your summation. This problem is certainly not exclusive to your area or country.

The Teacher's Unions should get out of politics and charter schools must be allowed. The problem of single parents and fatherless families has been avoided and should be addressed. Discipline in the schools has become more difficult and here the teachers need greater support. The firing of incompetent or predatory teachers has got to be made easier and advances based solely on merit, otherwise the many negative images will remain.Am I on the right track?

All three legs of that stool are wobbly and I certainly agree with your summation. This problem is certainly not exclusive to your area or country.

The Teacher's Unions should get out of politics and charter schools must be allowed. The problem of single parents and fatherless families has been avoided and should be addressed. Discipline in the schools has become more difficult and here the teachers need greater support. The firing of incompetent or predatory teachers has got to be made easier and advances based solely on merit, otherwise the many negative images will remain.Am I on the right track?

Charter school certainly not only have been allowed - but have been allowed to hurt the public schools. Here in Michigan lots has been written bout the failure of them to live up to their promises.

Michigan's charter failure persists

Teachers can indeed be fired for the reason you mentioned. When I was the union rep at my high school over 22 years, I had to defend several for such charges and saw the incompetent who were deserving of dismissal fired.

Even his own family can't stand the guy.

Even God thinks he's a dip**** and refuses to talk to Ted. God apparently chats with the entire family and keeps telling them to take a message to Ted. But God won't talk to Ted directly. On top of that either God is shucking and jiving everybody or Ted's family is lying to Ted.

God told Ted's father to tell Ted that Ted is the chosen one. "Ted is going to be president and lead America out of the darkness." God told Ted's wife that Ted should run for president and that Ted would win. Ted's wife saw God's face on two occasions and God's hands once, so Ted's wife has verified that it was God talking to her and asking her to deliver the message. What more can you ask - direct visual verification.

God's chattering like a magpie to the Cruz family but somebody's lying somewhere.

Meanwhile other Godly men have sworn that God led them to believe that Ted is massive pain in the ass and a human cluster****. To date it seems as if the "Ted's a massive pain in the ass and a human cluster****" group is hearing God is tell them that Ted can go to hell.

Who said God doesn't like to laugh?

Yeah, they'll be banking on 'Trump Democrats'. And there's indeed the distinct possibility of their being harvestable.

Plus, I think Boehner's comments remind us of how much the GOP establishment hates Cruz; If there was no Trump, their rallying cry would be: "Stop Cruz"!

Right now the establishment is thinking something along the lines of, "'Trump or Cruz' - what the hell did we ever do to deserve this"?

Yeah, they'll be banking on 'Trump Democrats'. And there's indeed the distinct possibility of them being out there.

Plus, I think Boehner's comments remind us of how much the GOP establishment hates Cruz; If there was no Trump, the rallying cry would be: "Stop Cruz"!

Right now the establishment is thinking something along the lines of, "'Trump or Cruz' - what the hell did we ever do to deserve this"?

I am sure that there are no shortage of knowledgable folks like you and I and others who would be glad to explain it to them.

Yeah, they'll be banking on 'Trump Democrats'. And there's indeed the distinct possibility of their being harvestable.

Plus, I think Boehner's comments remind us of how much the GOP establishment hates Cruz; If there was no Trump, their rallying cry would be: "Stop Cruz"!

I am sure that there are no shortage of knowledgable folks like you and I and others who would be glad to explain it to them.
:lamo

Very few of the ones who aren't running for POTUS are doing anything. The system sucks.
Yeah, but it's S.O.P. What causes you believe the rest of our politicos are putting in long days & weeks doing the People's business?

They're out hustling money and living the lobbyist supplied high-life!

And if you're not represented by one of those lobbyists, well, you have no representation. Consequently, when a piece of legislation subsequently is passed you're likely to find it doesn't quite reflect your interests, and indeed it often goes *against* your interests.

Sadly, such is the reality of modern-day America. :(

Back
Top Bottom