• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"john boehner calls ted cruz lucifer in the flesh"

Why would that be good for anyone then? And certainly a the implosion of a political party in a basic two party system would effect the country.

It's good if the path the GOP started on after the advent of the Tea Party crumbled as quickly as possible. If they can get back to something resembling sanity now, we as a country benefit from that. The worst case scenario is that the GOP doesn't implode at all, and that its anti-intellectual, anti-pragmatic, xenophobic identity drags the entire country down with it into a "new normal," and in a few years President Trump will be greeting the nation with extended middle fingers.

If I hear Hillary say anything about a "comprehensive" anything again, I'm gonna puke.

I don't know anything about the "comprehensive" line, but I think if there's one thing we can all probably agree on, it's that she should stop making "jokes" and laughing. I understand she's only been on earth for a few decades and that her human suit is probably super itchy, but it's clear from her imitation of humor that it doesn't exist on her home planet.

It's good if the path the GOP started on after the advent of the Tea Party crumbled as quickly as possible. If they can get back to something resembling sanity now, we as a country benefit from that. The worst case scenario is that the GOP doesn't implode at all, and that its anti-intellectual, anti-pragmatic, xenophobic identity drags the entire country down with it into a "new normal," and in a few years President Trump will be greeting the nation with extended middle fingers.
You've shared your feelings but do you have any credible facts to support them?

I don't know anything about the "comprehensive" line, but I think if there's one thing we can all probably agree on, it's that she should stop making "jokes" and laughing. I understand she's only been on earth for a few decades and that her human suit is probably super itchy, but it's clear from her imitation of humor that it doesn't exist on her home planet.

Nin-new, nin-new......

You've shared your feelings but do you have any credible facts to support them?

Yes, the credible fact is that insane people have taken over the Republican party and that it's fractured right down the middle.

If I see the words "establishment" or "outsider" one more time I'm going to throw up.

Remember a bunch of years ago when everyone was throwing around the phrase "politics as usual?" You couldn't read one goddamn news article without seeing "politics as usual" throw in, like, fifteen times. It was a fad like sneakers with the push pump or how radio stations played Macarena every other song. Eventually "politics as usual" died its sweet, merciful death, as "establishment" needs to now.

The people whining about the establishment are the same people who were ecstatic when the US elected another bush* and were certain Romney was going to win the election in 2012

And you decided to throw everything else into the mix

Two wrongs do not make it right

Or did your Mom not teach you that bit if sage advice?

No, but three lefts do.

If I hear "new normal" one more time....................

Nice deflect, but it does not change the fact that he has been absent from his job for three months while getting PAID. I am a registered Texas voter, and I have every right to make an issue out of it.

Very few of the ones who aren't running for POTUS are doing anything. The system sucks.

Very few of the ones who aren't running for POTUS are doing anything. The system sucks.

Yup

Bernies record is not much better, if you or I didn't turn up for work in over 3 months we would be canned. We desperately need term LIMITS for Congress, but it's not like many of them would vote to stop there own gravy train and free lunch.

I don't know why John Boehner's personal dislike of Ted Cruz should affect anyone's opinion about Cruz as president. I don't give two hoots in hell if Boehner likes him. It's predictable that a mealy-mouthed politician like Boehner would dislike a conservative with strong principles and convictions.

John Boehner: Ted Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh' - LA Times

Looks like Ted does not have to many friends in Congress

John Boehner:

“I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

I believe America has dodged a bullet, do not care what you think of Trump, I will thank him for preventing a disaster called a Cruz Pres.
It won't be long before the floodgates open!

It won't be long before the floodgates open!

Why is that?

Do you think Cruz has an outside chance at a brokered convention? God help us all if that comes to pass.

If I see the words "establishment" or "outsider" one more time I'm going to throw up.

Remember a bunch of years ago when everyone was throwing around the phrase "politics as usual?" You couldn't read one goddamn news article without seeing "politics as usual" throw in, like, fifteen times. It was a fad like sneakers with the push pump or how radio stations played Macarena every other song. Eventually "politics as usual" died its sweet, merciful death, as "establishment" needs to now.

You're such an outsider to the establishment.

Maybe the best headline Ive seen in a while...

"Satanists are furious that Boehner compared Ted Cruz to the Dark Lord"

I have a lot of respect for Boehner and think he's had an extremely difficult job, possibly one of the most difficult a Speakers has faced in quite some time, so I'm inclined to listen to this critique. Then again I've hated Cruz for a long time.

John Boehner: Ted Cruz is 'Lucifer in the flesh' - LA Times

Looks like Ted does not have to many friends in Congress

John Boehner:

“I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

I believe America has dodged a bullet, do not care what you think of Trump, I will thank him for preventing a disaster called a Cruz Pres.

that no GOP senator endorsed him says a lot to me

Back
Top Bottom