• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joel Greenberg to plead guilty as lawyer says ‘Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today’

A lawyer for Joel Greenberg has hinted the Florida tax collector could flip on Matt Gaetz as part of a plea deal with federal prosecutors over sex-trafficking charges, according to reports.

“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” attorney Fritz Scheller told reporters after a hearing on Thursday.

Mr Scheller said his client planned on pleading guilty in the coming weeks but was waiting to see the proposed agreement from prosecutors.
=======================================================
I don't care about Greenberg but I hope they bury this arrogant Trumpsucker Gaetz.
So an obviously guilty sex offender with over 30 counts against him claims he has dirt on Matt Gaetz. Now that's a guy I'd believe. He's going to make accusations in return for a much lighter prosecution? Yeah, I believe the dude.

Ok so he paid women for sex by accident. Sure. Awesome theory.
i thought he paid greenberg
that he, in fact, paid the women directly is a significant change than whether he paid a male crony
i need to pay better attention to the news. my take was that greenberg was the actual venmo payee

So an obviously guilty sex offender with over 30 counts against him claims he has dirt on Matt Gaetz. Now that's a guy I'd believe. He's going to make accusations in return for a much lighter prosecution? Yeah, I believe the dude.
Weak deflection.

Don't believe him. Believe the receipts he brings.

As much as possible, first hand sources. I listen to a lot of interviews from people involved with a given situation. Big media can be ok when they do quote first hand sources, without editing. But they are not in the habit - they are pushing a narrative and don't give a shit about the truth. Right wing media does it too - you have to filter out the crap either way.
Are those first hand sources, and the folks doing the interviews, are they members of the media?

Regardless of who, I would never believe 1 word a person said in exchange for a reduced sentence themselves. Most people, and certainly corrupt people, will tell any lie to avoid or reduce prison time with truth being whatever prosecutors will most reward. As soon as a person answered "yes" to being asked if they have been given anything by the prosecution or police for their testimony, I would totally ignore anything that person said or says.
Unless they were testifying against a liberal, right? Then the testimony is good as gold.

Unless they were testifying against a liberal, right? Then the testimony is good as gold.
i'm confident that is how you would behave on a jury with that message - spitting on your oath as a juror.

i'm confident that is how you would behave on a jury with that message - spitting on your oath as a juror.
No, I look for the truth, not the truth that fits my politics.

No, I look for the truth, not the truth that fits my politics.

Obviously not for your message. You are who claim you think of the topic in partisan terms, not me. I've always stated on the forum I would never take the word of people who testify in exchange for avoiding jail time themselves.

Last edited:
Obviously not for your message. You are who claim you think of the topic in partisan terms, not me. I've always stated on the forum I would never take the word of people who testify in exchange for avoiding jail time themselves.
Could you translate those first 2 sentences for me?

Could you translate those first 2 sentences for me?

Since I don't know what language you actually know, if any, probably not.

Charlottesville - he specifically condemned white supremacists and neo-nazis shortly after he made the 'very fine people' comment. It showed clearly that he was not praising neo-nazis as very fine people. Read the full transcript - this one is particularly disgusting what the media tried to do.

WaPo and CNN both put out retractions for suggesting that Trump pressured Raffensperger to 'find votes'.

Mueller report - if you seriously think Mueller had the goods and Trump somehow covered up, I am afraid all of the above will be just a waste of time too. You should look into BlueAnon.

You say you like to read original sources. Perhaps you should read this. You can not read that and tell us the Mueller investigation was a hoax. Mueller did not find criminal conspiracy, but did find willing cooperation of the Trump presidency to Russian interference in our election and obstruction of justice.

....and since you like named sources, Mueller uses his name to tell us this report did not exonerate Trump: https://apnews.com/article/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

What Mueller did NOT investigate, which many people erroneously believed happened (and should have happened), the counter-intelligence aspect of this. There was NO investigation of potential personal entanglements of Trump with Russia. The investigation was only about actions in the campaign. The only hoax about the Mueller investigation is thinking it cleared Trump of wrong-doing. It did not.

Someone Gaetz went to high school with wrote this quote in 2010...

There is a strange thing about people who engage in improper activities - they tend to know about other people who engage in the same types of improper activities.

Do criminals trade what they know about other criminals in return for lighter sentences (or other benefits)? Of course they do - it's completely in accord with "capitalism" to sell what you have for the best price you can get for it and criminals engage in criminal activities for personal gain (which may, or may not, be monetary).

If Harvey Alexander Logan (a known murderer and committer of violent robberies) were to provide evidence against Robert LeRoy Parker with respect to the commission of violent robberies, would you believe him?

If Harvey Alexander Logan (a known murderer and committer of violent robberies) were to provide evidence against Robert LeRoy Parker with respect to the commission of violent robberies, would you believe him?

All of that text only to be unable to rebut my assertion
The only thing that saved Trump from indictment was that we could not prosecute a sitting president
It has been clear from the beginning that Trump is a Russian asset
It is disappointing that so many on the right would support and defend that traitor to our nation
All you lack is evidence. Fantasy doesn't count. Mueller had nothing to indict on - read his report. He tried to make a case that maybe there might be obstruction but there was never any underlying crime. All a hoax. You just cannot see past your blind hatred for the man.

The real traitors are the Bushs, the Clintons, the Obamas, the Bidens, the McConnells, the Pelosis, the Schumers - all the career politicians who have made fortunes for themselves and their cronies by looting America and other countries around the world.

Totally disingenuous of you. You know quite well that Trump pressured the Georgia SoS to throw an election that Trump lost fairly and legally. Just listen to the call.

What media do you consume?
I listened to the entire call, not the snippets big media spliced to make a bogus case. Just show me the actual quote where Trump pressured Raffy to 'find votes'. You can't because he never told him to do anything illegal, just do his job. Why do you think the entire matter dropped when the full call was released?

If I could pay a buck for every time CNN "lied" to the public, and earn a buck for every time a Republican lied to the public, I'd be a millionaire within a day.

Fact check: Trump-backed candidate for Georgia elections chief begins campaign with false claims about 2020 election
Washington (CNN)Rep. Jody Hice, a Republican, announced last week that he is running for Georgia secretary of state, the state's top elections job. His 2022 campaign was immediately endorsed by former President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly launched dishonest attacks against the Republican currently in the post, Brad Raffensperger.​
And then Hice went on television and made a series of false claims about the 2020 election.​
This was not new behavior. Since November, Hice has been a vocal and frequent purveyor of inaccurate election claims -- baselessly saying or insinuating that the results were tainted by mass fraud and that Joe Biden did not legitimately beat Trump in Georgia.​
Newsflash: 51% of the American public thinks 2020 election was fraudulent. The only people pushing the 'false claims' are the same who pushed Trump/Russia collusion on us. There is plenty of evidence of fraud or at the very least that demand investigation and real audits. Thankfully, enough pressure from the grass roots is forcing these audits to happen. The house of cards is coming down. Question is, will you still believe the media and big tech that have bent over backwards to try to clamp down on any discussion of election fraud once this all comes out?

You say you like to read original sources. Perhaps you should read this. You can not read that and tell us the Mueller investigation was a hoax. Mueller did not find criminal conspiracy, but did find willing cooperation of the Trump presidency to Russian interference in our election and obstruction of justice.

....and since you like named sources, Mueller uses his name to tell us this report did not exonerate Trump: https://apnews.com/article/94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

What Mueller did NOT investigate, which many people erroneously believed happened (and should have happened), the counter-intelligence aspect of this. There was NO investigation of potential personal entanglements of Trump with Russia. The investigation was only about actions in the campaign. The only hoax about the Mueller investigation is thinking it cleared Trump of wrong-doing. It did not.

First off, Mueller didn't write the report, Weissman did. Weissman is a hyper partisan, big Democrat donor, as were most of the attorneys who worked on the report. They had nothing in Vol1 so they tried to spin a narrative that Trump obstructed in Vol2 - which was not their job to do. It is all speculation from hyper partisans. The American public weighed in when it all came out and the entire report was a giant failure despite how much the media tried to make something out of it.

It was so vacuous they had to move to another matter to try and get rid of Trump - the bogus Ukraine call.

Newsflash: 51% of the American public thinks 2020 election was fraudulent.
Source please.

But yes, many people believe what they are repeatedly told by people they trust. Alas.

That's why liars in positions of trust are so dangerous.

First off, Mueller didn't write the report, Weissman did. Weissman is a hyper partisan, big Democrat donor, as were most of the attorneys who worked on the report. They had nothing in Vol1 so they tried to spin a narrative that Trump obstructed in Vol2 - which was not their job to do. It is all speculation from hyper partisans. The American public weighed in when it all came out and the entire report was a giant failure despite how much the media tried to make something out of it.

It was so vacuous they had to move to another matter to try and get rid of Trump - the bogus Ukraine call.
The American people weighed it, found him guilty, and voted him out of office.

Source please.

But yes, many people believe what they are repeatedly told by people they trust. Alas.

That's why liars in positions of trust are so dangerous.

The American people weighed it, found him guilty, and voted him out of office.
Except that nagging question about election fraud. You know, how a guy that campaigned from his basement and could not get more than a 100 people to show up at any of his rallies somehow got more votes than the wildly popular Obama did in 2008?

Whereas Trump got 10m more votes (at least) than he did in 2016 including higher percentages of blacks and latinos.

Except that nagging question about election fraud. You know, how a guy that campaigned from his basement and could not get more than a 100 people to show up at any of his rallies somehow got more votes than the wildly popular Obama did in 2008?

Whereas Trump got 10m more votes (at least) than he did in 2016 including higher percentages of blacks and latinos.
That nagging question is only in your mind. I'm sure it has been explained to you that the 2020 election was the highest turnout ever, that trump was a very unpopular president, and that no evidence of fraud exists. Even the lawyer who screamed fraud the loudest has now said in her own defense that no reasonable person would have believed what she said. Fox and the rest of conservative media have stopped saying fraud, because there is no evidence for it. Last but not least, if the dems were smart enough to rig an election and get away with it, why did they not win the house and senate by large majorities?

That is not the way it works. The testimony of an accomplice will not get you convicted. What the accomplice does is lay out the story for investigators, who then investigate it to produce evidence. Almost all conspiracies are brought to justice when one of the conspirators flips and tells investigators "where the bodies are buried"...... the investigators then go and dig up the bodies.

Back
Top Bottom