• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe to make Roe vs Wade the law of the land

There is nothing so disrespectful to women than killing babies in the womb. We're going to put an end to it.
That is your personal belief. If a woman needs an abortion, it is extremely disrespectful for YOU to tell her she's wrong, as if she's a child that doenst know that is best for her life, her health (with her Dr) and the responsibilities and obligations she has to others in her life and society.

And you'll never end it. Your cult never managed...women have always gotten abortions, even during the horrible immoral unChristian violence and coercion and torture of your cult's past. You have no such savage armies anymore...you will not succeed now either.

God respects women. Your cult does not, nor does it seem you do unless we submit to your personal immoral use of force.

There is nothing so disrespectful to women than killing babies in the womb. We're going to put an end to it.

How? Send your nasty little child abusing priests out to instruct women on how to act morally? Take a page out of WWII and let your Nazi sympathizing popes publish concentrations camp and gas chamber plans for pro-choice women? Reinstate the Inquisition for women who use birth control?

There is nothing so disrespectful to women than killing babies in the womb.
This scripture* makes it clear how transient and insubstantial God considers the unborn.

1609707699232.png
He values all women and our lives more.

*It's not about abortion, it's an analogy that relates to the previous scriptures...God uses the flimsy, tenuous nature of the unborn to make his point.

Right. So you love blacks so much you don't lift a finger to help them. You love babies so much you want them killed.

You need a new trolling technique. That one's worn out.

You need to stick to the topic.

"President-elect Joe Biden is expected to repeal the Mexico City Policy as one of his early acts in office. But a memorandum rescinding the policy — which has been expanded during President Donald Trump’s administration — is only the start of what’s needed to reverse its impacts, according to experts.

“We have every reason to believe this policy will be lifted almost immediately with the Biden-Harris administration, but I think that what you are going to see is the impacts don’t immediately go away,” said Nina Besser Doorley, associate director of advocacy and policy at the International Women’s Health Coalition."

//

The majority of the country doesn’t agree with you. And you have no proof fetuses prefer not being aborted.

First of all, worked in OBGYN office for 25 yrs. Having a friend back when abortion wasn't even legal. She had 3 children and pregnant with the fourth. Due to the fact she got drunk. And didn't take any precautions no to get pregnant. Went to NYC who did illegal abortion. She told me how it was done. She delivered the baby in the toilet. Saw the sex which was a little boy. The little one got flushed down the toilet. After hearing that she was no longer any friend of mine. Working in OBGYN can't tell you how many stories I heard women getting pregnant not taking responsibility of birth control. Here is a personal family experience. My daughter in law was 22 weeks pregnant. A regular blood test came back very bad showing problem with the baby. They did other emergency test. Showing baby had serious health issues. And the doctor couldn't understand how the pregnancy lasted that long. Which normally it would have been a miscarriage. The baby was going to die within two weeks. The hardest decision the parents had to make. Was let her wait until she felt the baby not moving. And knew the baby just died. Or induce labor to deliver the baby. Either way there was no way saving the baby. She got induced and delivered the baby. As soon as they the cut the cord baby died. Most all women don't get to see what a baby looks like out side of the stomach. Only by ultrasound. She was a little girl. Her head was the size of a half dollar. Seven inches long and weighed 6ozs. Perfect looking tiny little baby. Never seen such tiny little hands, legs feet in my life. We go to hold her and had a sermon for her death. The parents let them use her for research to help other mothers with babies with same problem. Then she was cremated and given back to us. After seeing my little granddaughter. What a 22 week old baby looks like. No way I support abortion. And I DO NOT want 1 penny of my taxes paying for one either. Yes, there are very few cases maybe medically necessary. But the majority is all baby killing.

"Well, I think we’ll have more to say on the Mexico City Policy in the coming days,” Psaki responded, “but I will just take the opportunity to remind all of you that he is a devout Catholic and somebody who attends church regularly.” (RELATED: Biden Attends Mass At St. Matthew’s Cathedral In DC Ahead Of Inauguration)

“He started his day attending church with his family this morning,” Psaki continued. “But I don’t have anything more for you on that.”

Biden previously floated funding abortion as a solution to overpopulation in poor countries at a February 2020 town hall in South Carolina. An audience member attending the town hall had asked Biden what he would do to “empower women” in poor countries to address overpopulation."

First of all, worked in OBGYN office for 25 yrs. Having a friend back when abortion wasn't even legal. She had 3 children and pregnant with the fourth. Due to the fact she got drunk. And didn't take any precautions no to get pregnant. Went to NYC who did illegal abortion. She told me how it was done. She delivered the baby in the toilet. Saw the sex which was a little boy. The little one got flushed down the toilet. After hearing that she was no longer any friend of mine. Working in OBGYN can't tell you how many stories I heard women getting pregnant not taking responsibility of birth control. Here is a personal family experience. My daughter in law was 22 weeks pregnant. A regular blood test came back very bad showing problem with the baby. They did other emergency test. Showing baby had serious health issues. And the doctor couldn't understand how the pregnancy lasted that long. Which normally it would have been a miscarriage. The baby was going to die within two weeks. The hardest decision the parents had to make. Was let her wait until she felt the baby not moving. And knew the baby just died. Or induce labor to deliver the baby. Either way there was no way saving the baby. She got induced and delivered the baby. As soon as they the cut the cord baby died. Most all women don't get to see what a baby looks like out side of the stomach. Only by ultrasound. She was a little girl. Her head was the size of a half dollar. Seven inches long and weighed 6ozs. Perfect looking tiny little baby. Never seen such tiny little hands, legs feet in my life. We go to hold her and had a sermon for her death. The parents let them use her for research to help other mothers with babies with same problem. Then she was cremated and given back to us. After seeing my little granddaughter. What a 22 week old baby looks like. No way I support abortion. And I DO NOT want 1 penny of my taxes paying for one either. Yes, there are very few cases maybe medically necessary. But the majority is all baby killing.

I call bovine excrement on this. If she could flush it down the toilet, it was too early and small to see the sex.

BTW, there are no zefs in a woman's stomach - unless she ate one.

"Well, I think we’ll have more to say on the Mexico City Policy in the coming days,” Psaki responded, “but I will just take the opportunity to remind all of you that he is a devout Catholic and somebody who attends church regularly.” (RELATED: Biden Attends Mass At St. Matthew’s Cathedral In DC Ahead Of Inauguration)

“He started his day attending church with his family this morning,” Psaki continued. “But I don’t have anything more for you on that.”

Biden previously floated funding abortion as a solution to overpopulation in poor countries at a February 2020 town hall in South Carolina. An audience member attending the town hall had asked Biden what he would do to “empower women” in poor countries to address overpopulation."

It's not a solution to overpopulation so much as an empowerment of women. It liberates them from the control of their male relatives and allows them to work outside the home, to control their own lives, to manage their own health, etc. And the more power and involvement that women have in poor communities, the better those communities do. They end up more educated and prosperous.

I hope that if Biden doesnt know this, someone informs him. Abortion as a solution to overpopulation is a gross oversimplification. I used to work at the Gates Foundation and one of our largest ($$$) focuses was in Global Health, and reproductive freedom and women's health was at the heart of that. (that and addressing malaria). And that's what the research showed about empowering women in their communities.

"Fortunately, the Biden-Harris administration has multiple tools at its disposal to reverse or mitigate the previous administration’s last-minute attacks on health care, including:

• Freezing pending regulations by withdrawing all regulations that have not yet appeared in the Federal Register and delaying published regulations that have not yet taken effect (which the administration did on its first day in office)
  • Blocking finalized regulations by working with Congress, under the Congressional Review Act, to reject regulations that were finalized during the last several months of the previous administration and block agencies from passing similar policies in the future without congressional authorization
  • Issuing executive orders to reverse actions that the Trump-Pence administration itself took through that mechanism, such as the “global gag rule”
  • Rescinding or revising regulations, public program guidance and other administrative actions from the previous administration, through regular (and sometimes lengthy) processes"

//

Biden is scheduled to look at regulations for women's reproductive rights on Thursday, 1-28-21.

//

"Jamie Manson, president of Catholics for Choice, said she hopes for what she describes as a "better dialogue" between church leaders and some rank-and-file Catholics who disagree with aspects of the church's teachings.

"There are many issues in which Catholics are dissenting from the bishops and seeing that these are complex moral issues, whether it's same-sex marriage, whether it's contraception, or whether it's abortion," she said.

On abortion, a divide between clergy and laity

Polling suggests a majority of American Catholics support abortion rights in most or all cases and oppose overturning Roe v. Wade,"

//

"Even without enacting the latest version of the rule, Trump’s outsized gag rule impacted millions of people around the world, reproductive rights and health organizations have found. Marie Stopes International, a global reproductive health organization that lost its funding due to the rule, estimates that this loss led to around 6 million unwanted pregnancies, 1.8 million unsafe abortions, and 20,000 maternal deaths."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emaoconnor/biden-executive-order-abortion-global-gag-rule-trump

//

"President Joe Biden signed a series of executive orders on Thursday aimed at rolling back some of the Trump administration’s most far-reaching abortion restrictions, including one denying U.S. aid to health groups abroad that provide information about the procedure.

The actions will begin restoring federal support to abortion providers and organizations that offer abortion counseling while promoting the new administration's reproductive rights agenda on the global stage."

"Progressives in Congress, such as Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif.), are calling on Biden to next undo Trump rules requiring insurance companies to bill separately for abortion coverage and take steps to shore up the contraception mandate stemming from the Affordable Care Act so that fewer employers can refuse to cover their workers’ birth control. She and others have also demanded that the first budget Biden sends to Congress repeals the longstanding ban on federal funding for abortions."

//

Last edited:
"Even without enacting the latest version of the rule, Trump’s outsized gag rule impacted millions of people around the world, reproductive rights and health organizations have found. Marie Stopes International, a global reproductive health organization that lost its funding due to the rule, estimates that this loss led to around 6 million unwanted pregnancies, 1.8 million unsafe abortions, and 20,000 maternal deaths."https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emaoconnor/biden-executive-order-abortion-global-gag-rule-trump

The Trump gag rule didn't end just women's reproductive health aid it halted children's health teaching clinics. An MD friend with long experience in the field of child and infant gastroenterology was told to close down a clinic in Eritrea where she was teaching nurses, who were the only medical help in rural areas, how to deal diarrhea the most common cause of infant death.

Do Democrats in the US Senate have sufficient votes to resist a filibuster, to pass the 2021 budget without the Hyde Amendment restriction on Abortion funding?

Hill, 1-26-21

"House Republicans are pushing back against efforts to repeal the Hyde Amendment, vowing not to support any funding bill that includes language permitting the use of federal funding for abortion.

A group of 200 House GOP lawmakers led by Republican Study Committee Chairman Jim Banks (R-Ind.) signed on to a letter to congressional leaders in both chambers arguing the provision should remain intact and making the case that it has received bipartisan support in the past."

//

Pretty disappointing, because it means Biden doesn't want to pack the Supreme Cult.

Do Democrats in the US Senate have sufficient votes to resist a filibuster, to pass the 2021 budget without the Hyde Amendment restriction on Abortion funding?

Hill, 1-26-21

"House Republicans are pushing back against efforts to repeal the Hyde Amendment, vowing not to support any funding bill that includes language permitting the use of federal funding for abortion.

A group of 200 House GOP lawmakers led by Republican Study Committee Chairman Jim Banks (R-Ind.) signed on to a letter to congressional leaders in both chambers arguing the provision should remain intact and making the case that it has received bipartisan support in the past."

//

Good thing the Dems have a majority then.

Will the Blue Dogs insist on the Hyde amendment for the Covid Releif budget?

"Big picture: These are among the Blue Dog Coalition's recommendations in a letter to Biden that calls on Democrats to stick to legislation both parties can get behind, around the pandemic, economic recovery, government reforms after the Trump era and holding foreign adversaries accountable for interference.

• "The 117th Congress is going to be narrowly divided, with a slim Democratic majority in the House, and at best, a narrow Senate majority," said the letter signed by 15 of the group's members.
  • "Our nation faces major challenges as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, and Americans are sick of Congress playing partisan games."

//

Will the Blue Dogs insist on the Hyde amendment for the Covid Releif budget?
"Big picture: These are among the Blue Dog Coalition's recommendations in a letter to Biden that calls on Democrats to stick to legislation both parties can get behind, around the pandemic, economic recovery, government reforms after the Trump era and holding foreign adversaries accountable for interference.
"The 117th Congress is going to be narrowly divided, with a slim Democratic majority in the House, and at best, a narrow Senate majority," said the letter signed by 15 of the group's members.
"Our nation faces major challenges as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, and Americans are sick of Congress playing partisan games."

Why should Democrats try to compromise? As long as McConnell is in Congress Republicans are going to thwart every Democratic effort.

Practically, I’m not sure how Biden could make Roe “law of the land” after SCOTUS finds it unconstitutional.

It currently only exists as a court decision stopping abortion from being illegal. So it could easily be overturned allowing states to ban it.

It doesn't declare a law making abortion legal unconstitutional. That would require a different decision. The law would have to be challenged in courts, basically questioning if abortion can be explicity legalized.

Why should Democrats try to compromise? As long as McConnell is in Congress Republicans are going to thwart every Democratic effort.

Isn't he in the Senate? (excuse my ignorance, I'm not American)

It currently only exists as a court decision stopping abortion from being illegal. So it could easily be overturned allowing states to ban it.

It doesn't declare a law making abortion legal unconstitutional. That would require a different decision. The law would have to be challenged in courts, basically questioning if abortion can be explicity legalized.
The RvW recognizes a woman's right to an abortion. That is based on at least 10 precedents and the actual criminalizing of having the procedure would violate many other Const. rights. Please explain how it could be 'easily overturned?'

Actually, I guess that is possible but I'd like to hear what legal basis you think they'd base it on?

If it were overturned, it would not 'ban' abortion. It would return the laws on abortion back to the states but states STILL cannot criminalize abortion because of the orange text above. They could only criminalize performing the procedure. Several states already have said they would keep it legal & maintain access to abortion and a couple said they would enable programs to help women from other states to travel.

1. “Easily overturned” is in the eye of the beholder. Based on the fact that, over decades, many have tried and failed to overturn Roe, the eye of this beholder believes success in doing so is the very furthest thing from easy.
“When the Supreme Court rules on a constitutional issue, that judgment is virtually final; its decisions can be altered only by the rarely used procedure of constitutional amendment or by a new ruling of the Court.”

In layman’s language, SCOTUS rulings are effectively, law of the land.

Back
Top Bottom