• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe ( the inflation President) Biden-giving away more of my money for Dem votes

I didn't say it was ours. If a person pays their taxes, it's the government's money. Isn't that what our constitution says, a democratic republic.

When you pay your utility bills, do you then demand your city pays you back because after all, it's your money?
I am agreeing with you. Those were the first words in my first post here.
It is not "your" money.

If you go to Best Buy and buy a computer, it is no longer your money. It is theirs. Same thing. When you pay your taxes, it is no longer your money, it is theirs.

To make the statement (or worse, have the belief) that how 'they' spend 'your' money shouldnt matter because it isnt 'your' money anymore its 'theirs' is just...dumb. Its reckless. Its the kind of mentality that puts us in the 30 trillion dollar hole we are in.

It IS our tax dollars they are recklessly spending. If a thief robs you, then runs around spending the money they stole from you, would you be saying "well...fair play...its HIS after all......."
I never said it doesn't matter.

The difference is that having taxes is not breaking the law, stealing is.

Once we have paid our taxes, bought a product, or paid a bill, that money is not ours anymore, period. How the other entity uses that money we can disagree with all we want, but it isn't ours anymore. That is pretty much a key component of Capitalism. Yes, I agree that government spending is INCREDIBLY reckless, but that isn't the point. We paid the money to them. It isn't ours anymore. They can do what they want with it whether we agree or not.

People disagree with what Hobby Lobby does with some of their profits, but that is still their money now. It is not the consumer's money anymore.

How we can change how the money is spent is by voting in people whom we think will spend the money more wisely. Regardless, no matter who is in there, and no matter how the money is spent, it isn't ours anymore. That doesn't mean that it doesn't matter, it simply just means that it isn't our money anymore.

Guess you missed tRump's CARES act. Aren't billionaires supposed to take care of their own??? :unsure:

Hellova job what's in it for me tRump. :rolleyes:

Ok, lineup- all billionaires who want more breaks wait till the Orange Buffoon wins the next election...

It will be a looong wait... ✌️
....TRUMP! always the go to move for commies when they can't defend Inflation Joe!
LAFFRIOT

....TRUMP! always the go to move for commies when they can't defend Inflation Joe!
LAFFRIOT
....BIDEN! always the go to move for people when they can't defend the lies Trump told, like the one he told Chris Wallace in July 2020 on Fox that he would signing a complete health care bill, "in two weeks". Tell me, where is that bill?

Yep, and did so by lobbying and supplying campaign cash ‘correctly’.

Large corporations (aka ‘job creators’) and many other ‘worthy causes’ favored by the donor class.

BTW, this ‘pork’ all required congressional approval and is doled out (on a regular basis) by both political parties. It’s how ‘sausage’ is made, so shut up and let congress borrow and spend ‘our’ way to prosperity.

Wall Street needs these massive union funded pensions, they all make huge money with them.

Last edited:
....BIDEN! always the go to move for people when they can't defend the lies Trump told, like the one he told Chris Wallace in July 2020 on Fox that he would signing a complete health care bill, "in two weeks". Tell me, where is that bill?
Not a trump supporter, so……try again

Last edited:
Guess you missed tRump's CARES act. Aren't billionaires supposed to take care of their own??? :unsure:

Hellova job what's in it for me tRump. :rolleyes:

Ok, lineup- all billionaires who want more breaks wait till the Orange Buffoon wins the next election...

It will be a looong wait... ✌️
Fascinating! But what does it have to do with my op

Hmmm,aren't unions supposed to take care of their own?
Hechuva job Pander Joe.

Ok lineup, who needs more of Pander Joe's money???

I know, right? Because we all know members of the Teamsters unions would otherwise vote for the Republicans, especially Trump.

It's locked in the vault with Mexico's check for the wall and Obama's secret Kenyan birth certificate that his "people" found years ago (but none of us ever saw). His tax returns were finally freed from the vault and sent to Congress.

Hechuva job Pander Joe.

Did you even read your article?

Multiemployer pension funds are created by agreements between unions and companies and are partially insured by the federal government's Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. The insurance program was on track to become insolvent in 2026, but the pandemic relief money is expected to keep it on firm footing through 2051.

I don't understand this. Are these private sector workers or goverment workers? Companies are suppose to fund their own pension plans. They are also suppose to fund the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation as insurance. A handout might be appropriate in the short term but I would hope something is being done for the long term.

My suspicion is it was part of the recent Railroad Union deal.

That would be asking too much.

So, it's insurance. I'll wait for the OP's reply.

Yeah, he funded the insurance payout.

My suspicions:

1] The employer-employee portion became deficient during the mandated pandemic shut-down

2] Funding was part of the recent Union Deal to get keep the RR guys working.

Regardless, the funding falls under the American Rescue Plan and the funds came from there

Yeah, he funded the insurance payout.

My suspicions:

1] The employer-employee portion became deficient during the mandated pandemic shut-down

2] Funding was part of the recent Union Deal to get keep the RR guys working.

Regardless, the funding falls under the American Rescue Plan and the funds came from there
So, the funding was approved by Congress. Hmmm...doesn't look anything like the OP's title. It's not "more" money. It's the same money.

Hechuva job Pander Joe.

He should have done it before the election.
Oh wait, that would have been political.

So, the funding was approved by Congress. Hmmm...doesn't look anything like the OP's title. It's not "more" money. It's the same money.

Yep. And if it's American Rescue Plan, it's pandemic related. As I earlier said, I suspect it replaces lost revenues into the plan when the feds shut the country down. But this last is conjecture on my part . . .

Not a trump supporter, so……try again
There will come a day when no American supported trump.
For now, DEMs are allowing DeSantis to run silent.

He should have done it before the election.
Oh wait, that would have been political.
well he had already done the ( unconstitutional ) student loan giveaway,so I guess he thought that was enough!
LAFFRIOT

well he had already done the ( unconstitutional ) student loan giveaway,so I guess he thought that was enough!
LAFFRIOT

You want to do anything but bitch?

Public and private unions are the reason the Fed has been fellating the money supply since 2008. A lot of the fellating has resulted in the money going to assets (stocks, real estate). Pensions rely on a certain percentage of market performance. Without it, they're in trouble.

Hechuva job Pander Joe.

Actually, inflation is beginning to fall. In fact, the price of oil may end up being *lower* this year compared to last. Since the GOP assigned him blame for inflation, it's only fair he gets all the credit for lower oil prices. The reward? I think Joe Biden should be dictator for life. He magically brought down gas prices. He magically keeps unemployment at record lows. We just need to give him all the power and create mass detention camps for his Republican rivals.

Hechuva job Pander Joe.

Do you have any comments about inflation now?

Do you have any comments about inflation now?
Biden threw has on the inflation fire( hey spending is the answer to everything ,right?). The fed cooled
It with rat hikes. Good luck getting a car or house though.

Back
Top Bottom