• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Scarborough suspended over political donations

Whovian

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Good for NBC...

Joe Scarborough suspended over political donations - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

Msnbc TV host Joe Scarborough was suspended without pay for two days Friday for making eight campaign donations to Florida political candidates, apparently in violation of NBC News ethics policy.

Scarborough, a former Republican member of Congress from Florida and host of the cable network's "Morning Joe" program, said he agreed with the decision by msnbc President Phil Griffin, which was similar to the sanction Griffin imposed two weeks ago on another host on the network, Keith Olbermann.

"I gained nothing personally, politically, or professionally from these donations," he said. Nonetheless, he said he agreed with Griffin's decision and said, "I apologize to MSNBC and to anyone who has been negatively affected by my actions."

Scarborough's reaction was in sharp contrast to that of Olbermann, whose suspension ignited a firestorm of protest from supporters who created an online petition that attracted more than 250,000 signatures. Olbermann apologized to his supporters but not to NBC News and broadcast a commentary objecting to having been punished "without a hearing."

much different reaction from the conservative, than the liberal, huh.

More proof Olbermann is a big freakin weenie.

Good, bad, whatever. It's MSNBC's business.

I think the rule is a stupid one, but it was only fair to also suspend Scarborough.
They are hired for there lean

Everyone but Maddow knows that. She said Keith outed himself as a liberal with those donations.:rofl:rofl

I think the rule is a stupid one, but it was only fair to also suspend Scarborough.
They are hired for there lean

Everyone but Maddow knows that. She said Keith outed himself as a liberal with those donations.:rofl:rofl

Yeah... he hid it sooooooooooooo well before that, huh.

Joe is the only semi-normal guy on MSNBC but like Olbermann only a couple of people at most will notice he's not there.

I Googled immaterial and I was directed to MSNBC.

Joe Scarborough is like a hostage suffering from Stockholm Syndrome in the camp of his MSNBC captors.

That was only because liberal viewers put up such a fuss over the rank hypocracy of his suspension.

He violated rules that he knowingly signed...what exactly was 'hypocritical' about the suspension? I mean...other than it happened to a liberal and a bunch of whiny liberal ****s couldnt get their head around following basic rules.

Scarborough got the same treatment. Good for MSNBC...showing 'integrity.'

That was only because liberal viewers put up such a fuss over the rank hypocracy of his suspension.

So... the 'actual' suspension, is LESS important than the 'initially published' suspension?

Or, are you saying that MSNBC leans right, and was simply bowing to pressure from the left?

They're busting their asses over at NBC to try and look like they're not owned by the Libbos.

They're busting their asses over at NBC to try and look like they're not owned by the Libbos.

Unlike FauxNews that doesn't even attempt to hide their bias...(except they call themselves..."fair and balanced"...ROTFLMFAO!!!!)

Unlike FauxNews that doesn't even attempt to hide their bias...(except they call themselves..."fair and balanced"...ROTFLMFAO!!!!)

lol faux news get it cause theyre like fake news and stuff lol

Directly relevant to the thread topic AND hilarious - awesome post.

lol faux news get it cause theyre like fake news and stuff lol

Directly relevant to the thread topic AND hilarious - awesome post.

No humor intended....FAUXNews is exactly what it is. They don't even pretend anymore that they are not an arm of the right-wing GOP.

No humor intended....FAUXNews is exactly what it is. They don't even pretend anymore that they are not an arm of the right-wing GOP.

Yes, you must be the first person to come up with that pun and apply it in conjunction with their slogan. ROTFLMFAO!!!! indeed.

Yes, you must be the first person to come up with that pun and apply it in conjunction with their slogan. ROTFLMFAO!!!! indeed.

Where did I ever claim to be the original author? I think your "criticism" comes off more like "desperation"

Where did I ever claim to be the original author?

In case it wasn't clear, I'm pointing out that your tired attempts at humor were completely off topic and added absolutely nothing of value to the discussion. There are 500,000 threads other discussing Fox's bias - if you don't have anything to say about this topic, why post?

Last edited:

Can someone please tell these people to stop saying FauxNews? Anyone who says it looks like a damned degenerate.

So... the 'actual' suspension, is LESS important than the 'initially published' suspension?

Or, are you saying that MSNBC leans right, and was simply bowing to pressure from the left?

Seeing as no one knew how long the suspension was going to be, or whether it would lead to a firing, I would say that is was less important initially.

He violated rules that he knowingly signed...what exactly was 'hypocritical' about the suspension? I mean...other than it happened to a liberal and a bunch of whiny liberal ****s couldnt get their head around following basic rules.

Scarborough got the same treatment. Good for MSNBC...showing 'integrity.'

He only got the same treatment after the fuss with Olbermann. Scarborough had made earlier donations and had not had the same issues over them as this. And please stop with the trash talking, try to have some respect.

Back
Top Bottom