• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden won't get away with blaming Vladimir Putin for Inflation

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
It will not stop Biden from squinting in the camera with a slight drool and muttering......

Putin did that

But he didn't Joe.

-------------------

Joe Biden in the mid-1970s was a first-term senator when President Gerald Ford implored Americans to wear “Whip Inflation Now”(WIN) buttons and stickers. The Ford administration’s sartorial effort to raise awareness about fast-rising prices and get Americans to spend less drew widespread media ridicule and even raised private doubts among top White House economic advisers. Biden watched inflation become a major theme in Democratic presidential candidate Jimmy Carter’s defeat of Ford.

Inflation is now getting too close to disco-era highs for comfort, with Biden as president after 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president. Inflation skyrocketed 7.9 percent over the past year, according to the February report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the fastest rate of inflation since January 1982.

That puts Biden and Democrats in dangerous political territory heading into November’s midterm elections. But Biden — whose poll numbers have already been boosted following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — thinks he has a boogeyman to pin the problem on: Vladimir Putin. The Biden administration blamed the Russian president Thursday for the rapid American price hikes, as it did earlier in the week when it came to spiking gas prices.

@VySky was ordered to pretend that embargoes of Russian oil do not affect fuel costs for businesses, which businesses then seek to recoup.

SAD!

Nevermind they were already lying about the effect of pent-up demand meeting ****ed-up supply chains. Would you have preferred a rehash of 2006-2016?

VySky you do realise that wars like this always cause inflation no matter who's in charge?
Russia and Ukraine supply a lot of food and fuel so as that stops prices will rise.

It's not hard to understand and isn't part of some giant conspiracy against US conservatives no matter how much you try and claim it is.

So what? <shrug>

It's really no different than republicans trying to blame Biden for high gas prices.

hint: presidents don't control inflation or gas prices.

Dems are so toast comes November.

That's assuming Republican voters actually vote and don't follow Trump's advice to not bother.

VySky you do realise that wars like this always cause inflation no matter who's in charge?
Russia and Ukraine supply a lot of food and fuel so as that stops prices will rise.

It's not hard to understand and isn't part of some giant conspiracy against US conservatives no matter how much you try and claim it is.
LOL. You do realize inflation was 7.9 before the war. Highest in generations.

That's assuming Republican voters actually vote and don't follow Trump's advice to not bother.
You guys are going be crushed. Perhaps historic defeats

So what? <shrug>

It's really no different than republicans trying to blame Biden for high gas prices.

hint: presidents don't control inflation or gas prices.
Hint. Yes they do.

Maybe so, the result will be what it is.

I've lived through historic landslide wins in the UK and we managed to cope and the losing party always recovers after a while. It's never as bad for the losing side as people claim at the time.

It will not stop Biden from squinting in the camera with a slight drool and muttering......

Putin did that

But he didn't Joe.

-------------------

Joe Biden in the mid-1970s was a first-term senator when President Gerald Ford implored Americans to wear “Whip Inflation Now”(WIN) buttons and stickers. The Ford administration’s sartorial effort to raise awareness about fast-rising prices and get Americans to spend less drew widespread media ridicule and even raised private doubts among top White House economic advisers. Biden watched inflation become a major theme in Democratic presidential candidate Jimmy Carter’s defeat of Ford.

Inflation is now getting too close to disco-era highs for comfort, with Biden as president after 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president. Inflation skyrocketed 7.9 percent over the past year, according to the February report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the fastest rate of inflation since January 1982.

That puts Biden and Democrats in dangerous political territory heading into November’s midterm elections. But Biden — whose poll numbers have already been boosted following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — thinks he has a boogeyman to pin the problem on: Vladimir Putin. The Biden administration blamed the Russian president Thursday for the rapid American price hikes, as it did earlier in the week when it came to spiking gas prices.

There are 3 primary reasons for the current inflation:

1] Pandemic
2] Ukraine War
3] Pandemic Stimulus

--

1] Not only is this not Biden's doing, but it is in fact ending under the Biden Administration!
2] Putin's doing.
3] Done solely under the Trump Administration!

--

I wonder if office space rent has gone up in buildings like this one.

5a874d97d030720c0b8b4605.jpeg

Renters often feel the brunt of inflation.

Prove it. Show your data.
Why?

The lefties don’t understand the definition of ‘control’ among other words they seem not to know the definition of either. 🤣

Hint. Yes they do.
Influence, maybe...but not control.

I think OPEC controls gas prices...not US presidents. Also, the Federal Reserve has more control of US economy and inflation than US presidents....so who appointed Chairman Powell?

Why?

The lefties don’t understand the definition of ‘control’ among other words they seem not to know the definition of either. 🤣
Why?

Because you can't.

And you know it.

LOL Be careful what you wish for. The GOP won't do one thing to fix inflation or anything. They have no plans. They will do nothing but screw things up worse. Can you imagine DJT as Speaker of the House? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hint. Yes they do.

Prove it. Show your data.

So nothing as usual, why do you bother posting? Your modus operandi is always the same, make claims and don't back them up. Inflation is caused by simple supply and demand. If demand out paces supply you get inflation and the president does not "control" either component. If you can show me where Biden has either increased demand or stifled supply I'll listen.

Read and learn.

I'm waiting for the October Surprise from the House Select Committee (cough political circus) on 1/6.

I suspect they might come out with some cockamamie CT story which indicts and involves every Republican nation wide or something like that.
I'd expect the political biased political activists in the 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media to make it the only 24x7 story.
I'd expect all the leftist social media platforms to ban any questioning of this story and de-platform anyone doing such questioning.

In short, everything that was done in October in 2020, I expect just more of the same 10x or 100x.

But we'll see.

As cool cats used to say when I was young, "He is a trip!"

I love it when he lowers his head and whispers into the camera something like "That would be World War 3" [sending jet fighters to Ukraine].

He is so frail that one cannot dislike him.

Bless his little heart!

I'm going to do something I hate doing, agree with you. It's the norm for the losing party to rebound in the midterms, happens pretty much every time time as it did in 2018. This case will be worse I'm sure because people vote with their wallets and don't really understand why they are paying more. As a republican I'm OK if some seats change but there is a down side. Inflation is going to be with us for a while. If the right wins several seats but is unable to bring inflation under control it will bite them again in 2024. That's just the way politics works because for the most part voters don't understand the basics and root causes of the issues.

Putin did that

But he didn't Joe.

-------------------

What a dumb ass thread.

Inflation is a world event caused by Covid.

One must be a real moron to not know this.

Seems to me a recovering economy coupled with pent up demand and supply chain problems caused that, not Biden.

Americans can see through all this BS coming from the WH and congress.

Democrats will be crushed in November, and Biden's reign of destruction will be over.

Seems to me a recovering economy coupled with pent up demand and supply chain problems caused that, not Biden.
Flooding the economy with trillions, literally trillions of printed money was HUGE factor. Mismanagement of the supply chain is another large factor. Promises and policies to gut the oil industry is another huge factor. Joe wanted the big chair, he got it. All of his and your party's efforts to blame others makes him look even smaller and weaker. Man up and take responsibility and take control. Show some backbone and leadership

Back
Top Bottom