• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden: White America 'has to admit there's still a systemic racism'

dirtpoorchris

King of Videos
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/joe-biden...-systemic-210303933--abc-news-topstories.html

[FONT=&quot]Former Vice President [/FONT]Joe Biden[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]speaking at a breakfast[FONT=&quot] Monday morning in Washington honoring Martin Luther King Jr., said that white Americans need to acknowledge and admit the fact that systemic racism still exists and must be rooted out.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The bottom line is we have a lot to root out, but most of all the systematic racism that most of us whites don't like to acknowledge even exists," [/FONT]Biden said at an event[FONT=&quot] hosted by the Rev. Al Sharpton and the National Action Network. "We don't even consciously acknowledge it. But it's been built into every aspect of our system."[/FONT]

What a brave man! Too bad he didnt admit it when he was in office! He just suddenly realized it now! When his black driver was comming to pick him up. (he says)

There are culture conditioned prejudices within the D.N.A. of every living human being, I believe.

The white folks still need to work on it. We could all do better.

I mean, I WANT prejudice and racism to be gone and forgotten forever and ever and ever, amen. It's been around, in one form or another, since mankind started wiping it's ass.

But it's just so hard to do sometimes when you watch the evening news or read last night's crime report over on the north side.

Give me something to believe in. I want to. And I am willing to try.

It's gonna have to an effort from all races. Not just us white folks. We have to recognize that as well.

This is the same Joe Biden that said Obama was a
"clean" African American right?

What a brave man! Too bad he didnt admit it when he was in office! He just suddenly realized it now! When his black driver was comming to pick him up. (he says)

I take it this is sarcasm? :unsure13:

I am not surprised he is saying this.

Seeking the Democratic nomination with a major handicap; he is an old White male with all that privilege and nothing to raise him up the rungs of the "hierarchy of oppressions" except to become an "ally."

This is the same Joe Biden that said Obama was a
"clean" African American right?

I thought the clean remark came from Harry Reid. I might be mistaken.

I take it this is sarcasm? :unsure13:

I am not surprised he is saying this.

Seeking the Democratic nomination with a major handicap; he is an old White male with all that privilege and nothing to raise him up the rungs of the "hierarchy of oppressions" except to become an "ally."

I do indeed think he was brave for attempting to perform such an act! (and a conniving idiot)

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/joe-biden...-systemic-210303933--abc-news-topstories.html

dont know if theres any polls on this but the super vast majority of people I know in real life all understand that systemic racism still clearly exists in america . . :shrug:
I know thats just anecdotal but thats how it is for the people i know right, left and center. The only debate with them is how much it exists never if it exists at all. And they also acknowledge things are some of the best they have been ever.

on an extra note . .the reality is though, racism is never going to disappear. It can get better obviously but it will always exist in ways and it will still take generations before the debate will switch to if systemic exists or not.

as far as "rooting it out" well i would have to know what that means in detail. We should all root out basic wrongs based on equal rights and speak up when witnessing bigotry against race, sex, gender, religion etc. We should all do a better job at that as a general practice.

Lastly as far as "Al Sharpton" (he was the host) goes im not a fan and never been one. While he has done good at time he is also part of the problem because many times IMO i feel he is just an opportunist more so than

We were told over and over again by the Conservative media and far right that because we elected a Black man for prez that meant there was no longer any racism in the U.S....

That should be good enough for me, and all Americans..

Discussion closed, racism is dead in this country.. Carry on...

dont know if theres any polls on this but the super vast majority of people I know in real life all understand that systemic racism still clearly exists in america . . :shrug:
I know thats just anecdotal but thats how it is for the people i know right, left and center. The only debate with them is how much it exists never if it exists at all. And they also acknowledge things are some of the best they have been ever.

on an extra note . .the reality is though, racism is never going to disappear. It can get better obviously but it will always exist in ways and it will still take generations before the debate will switch to if systemic exists or not.

as far as "rooting it out" well i would have to know what that means in detail. We should all root out basic wrongs based on equal rights and speak up when witnessing bigotry against race, sex, gender, religion etc. We should all do a better job at that as a general practice.

Lastly as far as "Al Sharpton" (he was the host) goes im not a fan and never been one. While he has done good at time he is also part of the problem because many times IMO i feel he is just an opportunist more so than
So why the charade of having to kiss his ring?

We were told over and over again by the Conservative media and far right that because we elected a Black man for prez that meant there was no longer any racism in the U.S....

That should be good enough for me, and all Americans..

Discussion closed, racism is dead in this country.. Carry on...

Well, yano, as Michelle Obama likes to say, "white folk". Amirite?:roll:

So why the charade of having to kiss his ring?

I have no idea what you are talking about?

are you talking about politicians playing politician and other people that seek power, wealth and or control playing into the personal marketing role of FOR the people?

if so thats just how it is unfortunately . . not condoning it but thats reality and sometimes you have to sacrifice and play nice to achieve something good/beneficial . . again not condoning it but its realty . . .similar to like when world leaders, community leaders, competitive CEOs etc etc meet.

2 things, Joey:

1. White Americans aren't the only ones with "systemic racism" issues.
2. Being best buds with the mother of all race baiters isn't going to do you squat in 2020.

Speaking of race baiters: Pay your back taxes yet, Al Sharpie?

2 things, Joey:

1. White Americans aren't the only ones with "systemic racism" issues.
2. Being best buds with the mother of all race baiters isn't going to do you squat in 2020.

Speaking of race baiters: Pay your back taxes yet, Al Sharpie?

I'm not really sure you quite get the gist of the "systemic" part.

LOL, be kinda hard to claim systemic racism while working for a President that was half black. Even Uncle Joe isn't that stupid.

Explain why you think that would be hard.

I do indeed think he was brave for attempting to perform such an act! (and a conniving idiot)
What's he gonna say at a meeting of Al Sharpton's National Action Network? "Nah, you guys knock the BS off and go get a real job"?

Explain why you think that would be hard.
Touche forgot the negative. "it would be hard to DENY systemic racism . . ."

Touche forgot the negative. "it would be hard to DENY systemic racism . . ."

... this isn't making your position better. or more clear.

He couldn't admit that. He was the Vice President in the most overtly racist administration in memory.

Yeah, I remember Obama calling Mexicans rapists, calling for the banning of Muslims, and lying about black homicides on whites. He also disgracefully brought a black intellectual and a white cop to the White House to talk things over following his harsh words. And who can forget his unfortunate comments after Sandy Hook and Charleston. No wonder McCain didn’t want Obama speaking at his funeral, so divisive was his administration.

... this isn't making your position better. or more clear.
He's talking to an organization the exists to protest and detect "systemic racism". Saying that it doesn't exist undermines their entire reason for existence.

Back
Top Bottom