• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden tops Donald Trump in town hall viewers, ratings show

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From United Press International

Oct. 16 (UPI) -- Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden edged out President Donald Trump in viewership of their dueling town hall meetings held simultaneously Thursday on different networks, ratings show.

According to Nielsen ratings, Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 14.1 million television viewers, compared with about 13.5 million who tuned in to watch Trump's town hall on NBC. That includes those who watched the event on MSNBC and CNBC.

Those numbers don't include viewers who watched the events live streamed to phones, computers and other devices. However, the two networks' YouTube channels also showed an advantage for Biden, with 507,445 viewers at the end of Biden's town hall and 153,660 at the end of Trump's town hall, Newsweek reported.

COMMENT:-

What was that line they used on "The *ppr*nt*ce*?

Wasn't is something like "Your retired.?​

What was that line they used on "The *ppr*nt*ce*?

Not that it means much, but have you reviewed the streaming numbers? Trump had 1.7 million more than Biden. Then you have the situation where Biden's town hall was longer. How many watched Biden's after Trump's? Those would be included in the ratings average. Anyway, it's a pointless argument, other than a "gotcha" by the left., so whatever.

On YouTube, ABC's live stream of Biden's town hall had around 2.8 million views at the time of writing. However, Trump's town hall was streamed on the NBC News, CNBC, and CNBC Television YouTube channels, and had 1.9 million, 1.6 million, and 1 million views, respectively.

I have no doubt more people tuned in to see what Biden has to say. I would think they thought they may hear something of substance from him.

Pity. I was hoping that Trump had the better ratings. Every time all of America has an opportunity to see for themselves how insane and repulsive he is, his approval falls.

From United Press International

Oct. 16 (UPI) -- Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden edged out President Donald Trump in viewership of their dueling town hall meetings held simultaneously Thursday on different networks, ratings show.

According to Nielsen ratings, Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 14.1 million television viewers, compared with about 13.5 million who tuned in to watch Trump's town hall on NBC. That includes those who watched the event on MSNBC and CNBC.

Those numbers don't include viewers who watched the events live streamed to phones, computers and other devices. However, the two networks' YouTube channels also showed an advantage for Biden, with 507,445 viewers at the end of Biden's town hall and 153,660 at the end of Trump's town hall, Newsweek reported.

COMMENT:-
What was that line they used on "The *ppr*nt*ce*?​
Oh boy. This has to hurt knowing how much Trump loves to talk about ratings.

I don't care what the respective ratings are. In person early voting opens up in my state on Oct 24th, and I am going to go in person to vote.

Heh...has The Donald tweeted on that?

I'm sure that hits him where it really hurts, that Biden got higher ratings.

Pity. I was hoping that Trump had the better ratings. Every time all of America has an opportunity to see for themselves how insane and repulsive he is, his approval falls.
LOL

My mind is made up and I did watch The Donald...just because I knew it would be more interesting. It's fascinating to watch him attempt to charm, to lie without blinking, to throw out 'alternative' facts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom