• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden the Draft Dodger

We've been in the era of Democrat draft-dodgers since 1992 when Slick Willy was elected. Let's not forget that Trump was also a registered Democrat when he dodged the draft. It is what Democrats do because they are all natural born cowards.

Personally I don't think you have anything to say here other than flapping your jaw. During my 8 years in the service during the Vietnam war (1965-1973 I met many democrats. Where were you?

I got my draft notice while I was in Marine Corps boot camp in 1972. After Carter completely destroyed military morale by pardoning all draft-dodgers in 1977, those who dodged the draft will certainly be remembered as low-life scum by those who actually served honorably. Even when Democrat filth give them a complete pass on their cowardice.

So you actually didn't serve in Vietnam?

Joe Biden dodged the draft two ways:

1. The white man way - a college deference - so black people would fight in his place
2. When that ran out, he claimed he has asthma to get medically disqualified.

Joe Biden: Draft Dodger.

Do we not all agree that the Vietnam war was a disastrous mistake in which many American pointlessly lost their lives? Does it not follow that the only sane thing to do was use any means possible to avoid fighting in it?

So you mean the losers who blew Vietnam will never forgive the smart people who didn’t want to sacrifice themselves for a failed project?

Oh no.

It was democrats the blew the vietnam war lmao.
history revisionism is such a failure with this one.

It was democrats the blew the vietnam war lmao.
history revisionism is such a failure with this one.

Please. Our military has sucked for decades. All the toys in the world and there isn’t a single war we can end without ****ing it up entirely and you guys want to pin medals on all the morons who fight without a single question as to what they’re doing or why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we not all agree that the Vietnam war was a disastrous mistake in which many American pointlessly lost their lives? Does it not follow that the only sane thing to do was use any means possible to avoid fighting in it?

Vietnam was a political war that was 99% of the issue. Take a hill only to retreat from it just to send guys back up the same damn hill they just took.
bombing runs that bombed the middle of no where and the biggest failure was letting the ho chi min trail go.

When the **** did going to college become “draft dodging?” So far as I can tell, the answer is “As of this thread.”

We've been in the era of Democrat draft-dodgers since 1992 when Slick Willy was elected. Let's not forget that Trump was also a registered Democrat when he dodged the draft. It is what Democrats do because they are all natural born cowards.

:lamo

"Trump was a Democrat at the time" is ****ing hilarious. What, you think if he'd registered Republican instead his character would have changed enough to go to ****ing war? Get out of here with that weak garbage.

Draft dodging is the one thing I don't judge Trump negatively for doing. The draft is wrong and should be opposed.

:lamo

"Trump was a Democrat at the time" is ****ing hilarious. What, you think if he'd registered Republican instead his character would have changed enough to go to ****ing war? Get out of here with that weak garbage.

Draft dodging is the one thing I don't judge Trump negatively for doing. The draft is wrong and should be opposed.

And people wonder why we call the Trump supporters a cult. I have NO DOUBT in my mind that if it was found out that Trump molested 100 children 40 years ago, they would excuse it and still support him by saying he was a Democrat at the time so it's ok since he is a Republican now.

Viet Nam, Joe isn't that old.

Well luckily I graduated high school in '73. I will tell you straight up i would have gone.to Canada before going to Vietnam.

Total BS war. We never fought it to win. Like every war we have been in since WWII. Just a meat grinder for young Americans.

Makes me sick to think about all the maimed and killed for nothing even up to today.

Trump isn't really a true Republican or true Democrat. He has switched parties 5 times. He is simply a parasite.

So you admit Trump is a natural born coward. :lamo

1. The white man way - a college deference - so black people would fight in his place

Whoopie do. With an all volunteer military since 1973 when the draft ended. It is all totally irrelevant. Those who served voluntarily should be credited and noted as such. Those who haven't, who the heck cares.

Well luckily I graduated high school in '73. I will tell you straight up i would have gone.to Canada before going to Vietnam.

Total BS war. We never fought it to win. Like every war we have been in since WWII. Just a meat grinder for young Americans.

Makes me sick to think about all the maimed and killed for nothing even up to today.

Another Democrat war in which the Democratic candidate - LBJ - promised not to go to war in Vietnam before the election - and did exactly the opposite after the election. Over 90% of American war deaths have been under Democratic Party presidents.

No. We don't all agree to that. Unfortunately many haven't really had access to an unbiased history about the war, it's causes and it's results.

We are just now getting far enough away from the politics of the war to begin seeing actual history and documents without revisionism.

Well, I'm sure this can be parsed into tiers of draft dodgingness so we can determine who the biggest draft dodger is.

I refuse to consider anyone who failed a medical exam for the military a draft dodger. There is no reason to assume Joe Biden lied to avoid the Vietnam draft without being 100% positive he did not have asthma. If he did have asthma at the time, it was certainly a valid reason not to sign up. The availability of nebulizers and hypoallergenic items obviously cannot be guaranteed in a war zone nearly half the world away.

Indeed. What a truly enfeebled lot our country has among the highest echelons of our political ruling class. A bunch of dementia-ridden, bone-spurred, asthmatic, stuttering dotards.

Yeah, I mean, what the hell is going on down there? That's two elections in a row that have offered nothing but trash. Ever think you guys would be further ahead if you got over your differences of opinion long enough to demand quality leadership? Can even one of your great American leaders emerge from either party at this point?

It seems to me you guys have a major management problem...how do you fix it?

A draft in itself is absolutely madness. The fact that any Government can FORCE a person to go and fight in a War they don't believe in is madness. All these conservatives bitching about draft dodgers.... what happened to "don't tread on me" and "personal freedom"? No way in **** I'd go lay my life down to die for a cause I didn't think was worth fighting, simply because some Politician (Democrat or Republican) thought I should.

Unless Vietnam had done something to us that threatened to destroy our democracy, yes, it was a stupid declaration of war. Their civil war was not our business.

Unless Vietnam had done something to us that threatened to destroy our democracy, yes, it was a stupid declaration of war. Their civil war was not our business.

Gripe at the Democrats. It was their war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A draft in itself is absolutely madness. The fact that any Government can FORCE a person to go and fight in a War they don't believe in is madness. All these conservatives bitching about draft dodgers.... what happened to "don't tread on me" and "personal freedom"? No way in **** I'd go lay my life down to die for a cause I didn't think was worth fighting, simply because some Politician (Democrat or Republican) thought I should.

You must be a liberal. The only way they would shoulder their part of the load would be if they were drafted.

You guys appear to be painfully unaware of how ineffective calling Biden senile and a draft dodger is given Trump's declining mental health and bone spurs.

Another Democrat war in which the Democratic candidate - LBJ - promised not to go to war in Vietnam before the election - and did exactly the opposite after the election. Over 90% of American war deaths have been under Democratic Party presidents.

Another good liberal. They never saw any cause worth fighting for.

Your evidence that Trump was registered as a Democrat in the 1960s?

Sometimes society asks for a price of citizenship that one doesn't want to pay. As long as you are prepared to face the consequences, so be it. You can always renounce your citizenship, which is harder now than it was.

Back
Top Bottom