• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden says he would relaunch "PREDICT" virus detection program if elected

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
If elected president, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden pledged that he would re-launch "PREDICT," a program launched after the 2005 H1N1 virus that was designed to help detect and combat potential pandemic threats like Covid-19.

The program, which was shut down in 2019, focused specifically on the detection and discovery of "zoonotic diseases."

"It did not have to be this bad. That's the greatest tragedy of all. Donald Trump's failures didn't just start in July, when he simply gave up in the face of surging infections. They didn't just begin in June, May, April, and March, when he refused to take basic public health measures to lay the groundwork for an effective recovery. Or even in January and February, when he ignored repeated warnings about Covid-19," Biden said in the statement.

Florida reports more than 2,500 new Covid-19 cases and 14 deaths

Does anyone think we should leave ourselves unprotected like Trump decided when he shut down the program in 2019?

Seems like if it were useful Fauci or one of his cohort would have done that already.

Hmm So now Fauci decides how the CDC operates because Trump is no longer CIC? You are jumping the gun aren't you? Patience... the election is still 65 days away.

Hmm So now Fauci decides how the CDC operates because Trump is no longer CIC? You are jumping the gun aren't you? Patience... the election is still 65 days away.
Do you think before you post - you couldn't prove it with this post. You get do twisted up in your TDS that you lose touch with reality. Fauci, Bird and others have said Trump follows their recommendations so my question was did any of these experts recommend PREDICT? Do you even KNOW that PREDICT is? By the way in April of 2020 $2.2 m5illion was allocated to continue PREDICT for 6 months. Damn that Trump!! :lamo

Do you think before you post - you couldn't prove it with this post. You get do twisted up in your TDS that you lose touch with reality. Fauci, Bird and others have said Trump follows their recommendations so my question was did any of these experts recommend PREDICT? Do you even KNOW that PREDICT is? By the way in April of 2020 $2.2 m5illion was allocated to continue PREDICT for 6 months. Damn that Trump!! :lamo

The truth is that Trump withdrew most of our scientists in charge of pandemics from China since he took office. That money that Congress allocated was never spent.

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration cut staff by more than two-thirds at a key U.S. public health agency operating inside China, as part of a larger rollback of U.S.-funded health and science experts on the ground there leading up to the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters has learned.

Most of the reductions were made at the Beijing office of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and occurred over the past two years, according to public CDC documents viewed by Reuters and interviews with four people familiar with the drawdown.

The Atlanta-based CDC, America’s preeminent disease fighting agency, provides public health assistance to nations around the world and works with them to help stop outbreaks of contagious diseases from spreading globally. It has worked in China for 30 years.

Trump administration slashed CDC staff inside China prior to coronavirus outbreak

Wow, a smart thing.

That is how you prevent pandemics before they start. But you don't want that?
Just leave experts in random locations? Your quote says the reductions happen in the previous two years. This was BEFORE the outbreak. Trump had his experts working with China in January; a fact he released as part of the State of the Union Address in early February.

Last edited:
Just leave experts in random locations? Your quote says the reductions happen in the previous two years. This was BEFORE the outbreak. Trump had his experts working with China in January; a fact he released as part of the State of the Union Address in early February.

Those were the days right? Back when Trump had everything "under control" and China was a shining star that was helping him. I asked you to stop making me think about how it should of been and when 200,000 lives could have been saved. And I blame the Republicans Senators that could have rid us of this plague and I don't mean the virus.

15 times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe - POLITICO

Those were the days right? Back when Trump had everything "under control" and China was a shining star that was helping him. I asked you to stop making me think about how it should of been and when 200,000 lives could have been saved. And I blame the Republicans Senators that could have rid us of this plague and I don't mean the virus.

15 times Trump praised China as coronavirus was spreading across the globe - POLITICO
Yawnnn. Not sure some of those quotes qualify as "praise".

Seems like if it were useful Fauci or one of his cohort would have done that already.

You've reached the point where you can't even keep up with Trump's bull**** OR your own.
How could Fauci do it if the program was dismantled by this administration?

The program, which was shut down in 2019, focused specifically on the detection and discovery of "zoonotic diseases."

And imagine if Fauci were to attempt to restart it himself, with WHAT? He'd be accused of going behind Trump's back and he would have been fired.

Find a new hobby.

Oh Good Lord, you must have eaten TWO bowls of stupid flakes this morning.
It's a lot of complicated sciencey stuff you don't believe in.

What a juvenile deflection and derail attempt. The Trump administration's response to COVID is well documented beginning Jan 1 2020. Everything from the left has been distorted, blown out of proportion, or simply made up narratives.

It was Pelosi in Chinatown pretending it's okay, Schumer denouncing Trump's block of China flights as "xenophobia", while Cuomo was forcing COVID-19 seniors into crowded NY nursing homes to die. However the more we learn, the more we learn it more often kills older persons with comorbidity.

Oh Good Lord, you must have eaten TWO bowls of stupid flakes this morning.
It's a lot of complicated sciencey stuff you don't believe in.
LOL, just having a little fun as the lefties seize on yet about straw - Predict - to bitch at Trump about.

You've reached the point where you can't even keep up with Trump's bull**** OR your own.
How could Fauci do it if the program was dismantled by this administration?

And imagine if Fauci were to attempt to restart it himself, with WHAT? He'd be accused of going behind Trump's back and he would have been fired.

Find a new hobby.
LOL, you're just running around aimlessly. Did you not catch that in April $2.25 million was funded to the program? How'd that happen? Maybe Fauci or one of his cohort recommended it and Trump went for it?

LOL, you're just running around aimlessly. Did you not catch that in April $2.25 million was funded to the program? How'd that happen? Maybe Fauci or one of his cohort recommended it and Trump went for it?

Which is, again, why you linked to it....oh wait....tonbricks.gif

Oh and....APRIL??????????? BwaaaaHAHAHAHAHAH the damn thing should have been fully funded in 2019 and never defunded.
That's like the guy who is supposed to help you move and you catch him "fake lifting" the sofa.

Which is, again, why you linked to it....oh wait....View attachment 67293493

Oh and....APRIL??????????? BwaaaaHAHAHAHAHAH the damn thing should have been fully funded in 2019 and never defunded.
That's like the guy who is supposed to help you move and you catch him "fake lifting" the sofa.
What? Maybe it was defunded because you guys were pissing and moaning about Trump running up the deficit?

What? Maybe it was defunded because you guys were pissing and moaning about Trump running up the deficit?

Are you rehearsing for your part as The Black Knight in that Monty Python film?
Or have you had too many Falstaffs?

What a juvenile deflection and derail attempt. The Trump administration's response to COVID is well documented beginning Jan 1 2020. Everything from the left has been distorted, blown out of proportion, or simply made up narratives.

It was Pelosi in Chinatown pretending it's okay, Schumer denouncing Trump's block of China flights as "xenophobia", while Cuomo was forcing COVID-19 seniors into crowded NY nursing homes to die. However the more we learn, the more we learn it more often kills older persons with comorbidity.

Yes the "They were going to die anyway" meme of the Death Cult. How many more need to die to satisfy your hunger?

Back
Top Bottom