• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden on the Atlantic article

pjohns

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Joe Biden, today--in response to an Atlantic article that claimed that President Trump had acted badly as regarding the military--declared that "if that is true," Donald Trump "owes an apology" to all who have served in the military.

Never mind that that gave credence to a very thinly sourced story.

In any case--and without missing a beat--he then proceeded to ask (with faux outrage): "Who does he think he is?"

No doubt, this will play well with his base.

I am not sure, however, that it will work with independents.

Joe Biden, today--in response to an Atlantic article that claimed that President Trump had acted badly as regarding the military--declared that "if that is true," Donald Trump "owes an apology" to all who have served in the military.

In any case--and without missing a beat--he then proceeded to ask (with faux outrage): "Who does he think he is?"

I think Independents will stack the claims of what Trump said against what he is already known to have said and conclude, "Yeah, that sounds about right."

Last edited:

Fox News confirmed the story....

thinly sourced?

it had 4 people confirm

I think Independents will stack the claims of what Trump said against what he actually has said and conclude, "Yeah, that sounds about right."

obviously

no one else talks like that

Fox News confirmed the story....

Well, yes.

And no.

It confirmed that The Atlantic ran such a story.

It did not, however, confirm the veracity of that story.

Far from it.

Yes.

And all were "anonymous" sources.

and that is how many important stories come out

always have

that is reputable reporting as we see here is so important

I think Independents will stack the claims of what Trump said against what he is already known to have said and conclude, "Yeah, that sounds about right."

Oh, like the fact that he has continually said that he has the highest regard for those who serve in the American military?

Or do you simply disregard that?

I would bet that he said it but it doesn't really matter whether he said it or not. It's him through and through.

Didn't you hear? Fox turned RINO/Obama Deep State a while ago.

OANN is the One Truth now.

Although I have never seen this "OANN," I would imagine--from what I have heard about it--that it is a right-wing source of news.

But just why would I--as a conservative--wish to see a right-wing source of news?

Rather, I much--much!--prefer for the news to be given without any discernible slant (to either the left or the right).

and that is how many important stories come out

always have

that is reputable reporting as we see here is so important

When a source faces probable recrimination, should his (or her) name be disclosed, he (or she) may, reasonably enough, prefer anonymity.

But there is no evidence that this was the case in this instance.

I would bet that he said it but it doesn't really matter whether he said it or not. It's him through and through.

And why, exactly, would you "bet that he said it"?

In any case, are we going to convict people--even in the court of public opinion--according to merely subjective criteria?

So much regard that he pissed all over McCain's service.

Donald Trump had a deep, personal distaste for the late John McCain. (It may be the result of McCain's fifty-first vote, which gave us ObamaCare.)

But no one ever said that Donald Trump automatically has a high regard for everyone who ever served in the military.

That would be moving the goalposts.

Because that's who he is.

In any case, are we going to convict people--even in the court of public opinion--according to merely subjective criteria?

He convicted himself with his own mouth years ago regarding his lack of respect for veterans and service members.

Donald Trump had a deep, personal distaste for the late John McCain. (It may be the result of McCain's fifty-first vote, which gave us ObamaCare.)

But no one ever said that Donald Trump automatically has a high regard for everyone who ever served in the military.

That would be moving the goalposts.

Excuse me, he pissed on McCain before he became president.

Because that's who he is.
That is far too subjective.

And I simply do not accept anything--anything, without exception--as conclusive, if it is subjective.

He convicted himself with his own mouth years ago regarding his lack of respect for veterans and service members.

If you are referring to the 2015 speech in which he (supposedly) described those who died in war as "losers" and "suckers," I will certainly not defend such words.

But it is questionable whether he actually uttered them.

Even CBS News and The New York Times--not exactly bastions of conservatism--have noted that President Trump denies ever having spoken such words.

Are you really certain that he did?

And I simply do not accept anything--anything, without exception--as conclusive, if it is subjective.

If you are referring to the 2015 speech in which he (supposedly) described those who died in war as "losers" and "suckers," I will certainly not defend such words.

Even CBS News and The New York Times--not exactly bastions of conservatism--have noted that President Trump denies ever having spoken such words.

Defend him all you want, that's your job, but those of us who served know him for what he is.

Are Trump denials particularly creditable?
The answer is NO, and that is his fault, not ours.

Hillary was asking that very same question.

Do you think this is a slap in the face to the brave Joe Biden's service in Viet Nam?Loser Joe got a deferment too.He didn't serve .What a coward.

Back
Top Bottom