• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden is gonna be known for killed most americans in COVID-19

When Joe Biden starts be President of United States of America

Every american that dies of COVID-19 is gonna be Joe Bidens responsibility

When this thread starts currently 389.000 americans died of COVID-19 and dems are blaming this on Donald Trump!

When Joe Biden is President and onwards, we are gonna keep counting all americans that dies of COVID-19 by Joe Biden!

Is Joe Biden is gonna be known for killed most americans in COVID-19?

Have you not paid attention. The government is going to just change the rules on how we count Covid 19 deaths. Now everyone who goes to the hospital will not automatically be a Covid case and the death numbers and the case numbers will miraculously drop.

Have you not paid attention. The government is going to just change the rules on how we count Covid 19 deaths. Now everyone who goes to the hospital will not automatically be a Covid case and the death numbers and the case numbers will miraculously drop.

Quite right, <SARC>and the rest of the world is going to change the way that it counts COVID-19 deaths as well so that it isn't apparent what the US government has done</SARC> - right?

And, <SARC>of course, all of those doctors and hospitals that have been deliberately inflating the number of COVID-19 cases so that they could rip off the American taxpayers (and the American insurance companies) are going to gleefully go along with it</SARC> - right?

And, <SARC>naturally the WHO is going to change its guidelines simply to make Mr. Biden look like he is doing better than Mr. Trump did</SARC> - right?

And evrewunknoz that <SARC>any decrease in the number of COVID-19 infections/deaths will **P*R*O**V*E** that there was never any actual COVID-19 to worry about - just like Mr. Trump said</SARC> - right?

On one minor point I have to disagree with you. The US has NOT had "surge after surge after surge". What the US has had is an unchecked (and essentially linear) growth in the impact of COVID-19 as this graph clearly shows.

The only statistically significant change in the progress of COVID-19 in the US has occurred since the beginning of November 2020 (when the slope of the curve steepened in an upward direction.
I actually agree. I was not speaking as a "technical epidemiological surge" but an ongoing increase in patients. Most patients I care for in ICU have been Covid for months. I wish people would have just given it a rest over the holidays.

Sorry but press conferences dont do anything to fight the virus. But if you insist on linking them, then Biden should stop holding them. The death rate has risen since he started holding them. But despite all the attacks on Trump, our death rate here is really no different from that of Europe. The only European country that did significantly better than we did is Germany, but even they are struggling with nearly 1000 deaths per day.
Well, it's nice to know the new chant is "We're below average but only a little bit worse than most!! USA!! USA!! USA!!!"

FWIW, "Europe" as a whole has a lot more people per sq. unit than the U.S. so we'd expect them to do worse, all else equal, than the relatively spread out U.S. And we supposedly have the best healthcare system on the planet, which should help us out. But it's hard to directly compare countries, since there are different ways of measuring deaths, different testing, etc.

Bottom line is Trump's been MIA for a long time on the pandemic. If we've learned nothing it's what it's like to go through a pandemic with the President checked out for months at a time on the issue, other than holding super spreader campaign events, which was nice.

False. Here is a link to the NY Times. Go educate yourself on the deaths per 100,000 in the US and countries in Europe and get back to me when you know wtf you are talking about.

The combined populations of the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain roughly equals that of the US. If you total up their Covid deaths you get 327,000. That is less than ours but that is only because the biggest country on the list, Germany, has done so much better than virtually anyone else. You will also notice that there are about as many Eastern European countries doing worse than us than are doing better.
Fascinating grading curve you have there. If you throw out the huge country with competent leadership that did very well, we compare kind of middling to who's left on a cherry picked list that also conveniently excludes other countries that did a lot better than us!!! USA! USA!!

I once was at Dr. Rygiel's establishment in Hamilton Ontario. The type of people who lived there would be right there with you in "not struggling" to understand what is happening in America.

PS - When are you going to use a more current picture of your avatar?

Oh so thats what you are trying to say. Gosh but thats funny stuff. Im not sure what you think he has to do with me, but when you have to explain your jokes, youve lost your audience. Perhaps you should skip the lame attempts at humor and focus a bit more on making sense.

Well, it's nice to know the new chant is "We're below average but only a little bit worse than most!! USA!! USA!! USA!!!"

FWIW, "Europe" as a whole has a lot more people per sq. unit than the U.S. so we'd expect them to do worse, all else equal, than the relatively spread out U.S. And we supposedly have the best healthcare system on the planet, which should help us out. But it's hard to directly compare countries, since there are different ways of measuring deaths, different testing, etc.

Bottom line is Trump's been MIA for a long time on the pandemic. If we've learned nothing it's what it's like to go through a pandemic with the President checked out for months at a time on the issue, other than holding super spreader campaign events, which was nice.
Does everything have to be spelled out for you liberals? It seems so. Here you go: The fact that we are in essentially the same boat as Europe dispels the idiotic and hackish notion that the Covid deaths in the US are all Trumps fault Did that sink in yet or do I need to explain it again?

Does everything have to be spelled out for you liberals? It seems so. Here you go: The fact that we are in essentially the same boat as Europe dispels the idiotic and hackish notion that the Covid deaths in the US are all Trumps fault Did that sink in yet or do I need to explain it again?

How frustrating is it for your that your argument is rejected by the country? It must be so frustrating that we won and Donald Trump/America is seen as a covid shit hole no matter how much you plead with us to accept your hot take.

It’s almost like gaslighting with 400k dead is a non-starter even on a message board.

Fascinating grading curve you have there. If you throw out the huge country with competent leadership that did very well, we compare kind of middling to who's left on a cherry picked list that also conveniently excludes other countries that did a lot better than us!!! USA! USA!!
I didnt throw out Germany, nor did I cherry pick. Why dont you go back and re-read from the start of the conversation rather than jumping in at the end and making a fool of yourself.

How frustrating is it for your that your argument is rejected by the country? It must be so frustrating that we won and Donald Trump/America is seen as a covid shit hole no matter how much you plead with us to accept your hot take.

It’s almost like gaslighting with 400k dead is a non-starter even on a message board.
Im not frustrated. Ive dealt with mindless leftists here for years. The fact is, when you compare the US to Europe there is no significant difference.

Im not frustrated. Ive dealt with mindless leftists here for years. The fact is, when you compare the US to Europe there is no significant difference.

It must be soooo angering that no one buys it though! You repeat it and repeat it, and the country just keeps blaming Trump. Just keeps believing we’re in a crisis. AAARRGH!!

It must be soooo angering that no one buys it though! You repeat it and repeat it, and the country just keeps blaming Trump. Just keeps believing we’re in a crisis. AAARRGH!!
You are projecting your perpetual anger onto me. When you liberals get suckered, you really get suckered and there is no amount of rational argument that will penetrate your skulls. See the 3 year collusion hoax as a perfect example. Hell, most of you guys still havent figured it out.

You are projecting your perpetual anger onto me. When you liberals get suckered, you really get suckered and there is no amount of rational argument that will penetrate your skulls. See the 3 year collusion hoax as a perfect example. Hell, most of you guys still havent figured it out.

I guess the vast majority of the country is liberal then. No one’s buying that we aren’t the most embarrassing covid shithole on the planet. Yer talking point is flaccid.

Must be sooo frustrating. To wholly argue something with zero traction.

I guess the vast majority of the country is liberal then. No one’s buying that we aren’t the most embarrassing covid shithole on the planet. Yer talking point is flaccid.

Must be sooo frustrating. To wholly argue something with zero traction.
It has no traction with the left, but then again there are people on the left so out of touch with reality that they think of themselves as anti-fascist when they are the true fascists. So yeah, there are just some people you cant reach. Is that frustrating? Not really. More sad than anything else.

It has no traction with the left, but then again there are people on the left so out of touch with reality that they think of themselves as anti-fascist when they are the true fascists. So yeah, there are just some people you cant reach. Is that frustrating? Not really. More sad than anything else.

You keep saying “the left”. The county is not made up of just lefties. Your argument has failed BIGLY.

We are a covid shithole. Just as Trump and Jared intended.

Europe's a big place with lots of countries, and some of them did far better than we did, and few did worse. So you are taking a lot of liberties with "essentially the same boat." Furthermore, if very large and population dense Germany is the bar for a competently-run response, we sucked.

Does that sink in with you, or is your job to kiss Trump's ass on every subject, and if a liberal says it you have to disagree? Let me know.

And I've never claimed that the COVID deaths in the U.S. are "all" Trump's fault, but I'm not the one using a crap comparison to "Europe" to defend his sorry ass. If we did OK, roughly NONE of it was due to the care and concern of our King of super-spreader events and incompetent President.

I didnt throw out Germany, nor did I cherry pick. Why dont you go back and re-read from the start of the conversation rather than jumping in at the end and making a fool of yourself.
OK, fine, I'll go with your standards that effectively say only 70,000 deaths or so are because of our inadequate response. Unless Germany is what a competent response looks like, then it's over 200k deaths. Sounds about right.

When Joe Biden starts be President of United States of America

Every american that dies of COVID-19 is gonna be Joe Bidens responsibility

When this thread starts currently 389.000 americans died of COVID-19 and dems are blaming this on Donald Trump!

When Joe Biden is President and onwards, we are gonna keep counting all americans that dies of COVID-19 by Joe Biden!

Is Joe Biden is gonna be known for killed most americans in COVID-19?

I will tell you one thing, I don't think Biden will be aiding the enemy like Trump. It will be a welcome change seeing someone who acts as they care. Strange I have to even say that.

I actually agree. I was not speaking as a "technical epidemiological surge" but an ongoing increase in patients. Most patients I care for in ICU have been Covid for months. I wish people would have just given it a rest over the holidays.

I have to admit that having to expand the "Y-axis" scale so that the numbers can be shown on the graphs is getting to be an almost daily task.

21-01-16 C1 - 7 Day Average GRAPH.JPG
21-01-16 G2 - The Fading of the Green TABLE.JPG
21-01-16 B3 - Our World in Data CDC G-8 plus China GRAPH.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​

Sort of like the person who used to be the world champion miler congratulating themselves for finishing ahead of 4 other people in an 11 person race, eh wot?

The first half is sort of relevant, I mean you would expect that someone who lives in a city with a population density of 10,000/sq.mi in a country with a population density of 500/sq.mi. to be only half as likely to contract COVID-19 as someone who lives in a city with a population density of 10,000/sq.mi. in a country with a population density of 1,000/sq.mi. - right?

As to the second, all of the countries (as near as anyone knows) are using the same WHO criteria.

I say "as near as anyone knows" because some countries are not reporting thinks like "recovered" (and the French data for "recovered" simply doesn't make sense).

Bottom line is Trump's been MIA for a long time on the pandemic.

Actualy, if Mr. Trump had REALLY been MIA, the US might have done better than it has done. As it was, his presence likely caused more harm than good.

If we've learned nothing it's what it's like to go through a pandemic with the President checked out for months at a time on the issue, other than holding super spreader campaign events, which was nice.

Ah, sarcasm, the spice of life.

Oh so thats what you are trying to say. Gosh but thats funny stuff. Im not sure what you think he has to do with me, but when you have to explain your jokes, youve lost your audience. Perhaps you should skip the lame attempts at humor and focus a bit more on making sense.

Yes, I can fully understand how you would not see how it has anything to do with you.

I see that you have forgotten what was in the three tables that I posted yesterday, so I'll help you with your short-term memory problem and post them again. As you can see (and even **D*O*C*T*O*R** Mashmont can understand the math [which is 43 + 39 + 11) / 3 = 31] the US average place on a list of all of the European countries plus the US is in the BOTTOM third of the list. Do you know what your finishing position is if you are in the bottom third of a three man race?

US vs Europe CASES per MILLION 21-01-15.JPG

US vs Europe DEATHS per MILLION 21-01-15.JPG

US vs Europe mortality rate 21-01-15.JPG

As long as you totally ignore the actual data, you and your faculty advisor

FLETCH GROWS UP.JPG
are 100% correct.

Back
Top Bottom