• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden is gonna be known for killed most americans in COVID-19

Hey, so does this mean now that the GOP believes covid is real?? Cause I”ll take the disingenuous framing for some participation in getting the virus under control.
Much like the Democrats new found love of Law Enforcement? How the tables turn no?

Much like the Democrats new found love of Law Enforcement? How the tables turn no?

Dems always support law enforcement. Just not selective enforcement of laws.

do they have worthlessly inept projections in Russia?

The sad irony to this thread is it shows both that Republicans never claim responsibility for anything and they value life *ONLY* when the other guy is in charge (who is not even in charge yet.)

Reminds me greatly of Republicans all of a sudden being concerned about deficits and debt *ONLY* when they are not in charge.

Dems always support law enforcement. Just not selective enforcement of laws.
Please...... lol.....Go ahead, tear that label off the mattress

Wha? Bet you hate liberal democracy.
I fail to find the word 'Democracy' anywhere in the US Constitution. Therefore, properly dismissed

I fail to find the word 'Democracy' anywhere in the US Constitution. Therefore, properly dismissed

AR-15 isn’t in the Constitution either. Yipes.

But I’ll ask again: do you oppose liberal democracy? It’s a concept, not an amendment.

AR-15 isn’t in the Constitution either. Yipes.

But I’ll ask again: do you oppose liberal democracy? It’s a concept, not an amendment.
America is not a Democracy.

I don’t underhand why you are dodging the question. Unless the answer is “yes”.

PS: we are very much a liberal democracy.

You only mentioned Germany.

Italy and the UK have higher cases than the US but they are only two countries in Europe and also mucked up the response.

But now you're cherry picking a handful countries. Of the 44 countries in Europe most have done substantially better than the US.

You said in the post that started this that the US death rate was "really no different from that of Europe". That's simply not true unless you pick 3 or 4 of the 44 countries in Europe. Taken in totality Europe is blowing the US away in fighting this.
False. Here is a link to the NY Times. Go educate yourself on the deaths per 100,000 in the US and countries in Europe and get back to me when you know wtf you are talking about.

The combined populations of the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain roughly equals that of the US. If you total up their Covid deaths you get 327,000. That is less than ours but that is only because the biggest country on the list, Germany, has done so much better than virtually anyone else. You will also notice that there are about as many Eastern European countries doing worse than us than are doing better.

False. Here is a link to the NY Times. Go educate yourself on the deaths per 100,000 in the US and countries in Europe and get back to me when you know wtf you are talking about.

The combined populations of the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain roughly equals that of the US. If you total up their Covid deaths you get 327,000. That is less than ours but that is only because the biggest country on the list, Germany, has done so much better than virtually anyone else. You will also notice that there are about as many Eastern European countries doing worse than us than are doing better.
You are cherry picking again. You said that the US was about the same as Europe. Europe is 44 countries. If you don't like my number (all 44 country's case rate compared to US) then find your own. But you said Europe so that's what we're looking for. Not part of Europe, the whole thing.

Good stats on Covid cases comparing Europe to the US:
America: 39,844,634
Europe: 28,291,217

Europe's population is 741 million, the US population is 328 million. So the US rate is more than twice that of Europe.
The US has 23 million cases not 39,000,000 :rolleyes: You cant even get that right

You are cherry picking again. You said that the US was about the same as Europe. Europe is 44 countries. If you don't like my number (all 44 country's case rate compared to US) then find your own. But you said Europe so that's what we're looking for. Not part of Europe, the whole thing.
Thats not cherry picking. I gave you the 5 largest European countries with a population total equal to ours. If you think you are right, come up with your own list.

I gave you the 5 largest European countries with a population total equal to ours.
This is the very definition of cherry picking. 5 of 44 countries is cherry picking.

Here is your original point:
But despite all the attacks on Trump, our death rate here is really no different from that of Europe.
So what is the death rate in Europe, all 44 countries combined?

When Joe Biden starts be President of United States of America

Every american that dies of COVID-19 is gonna be Joe Bidens responsibility

When this thread starts currently 389.000 americans died of COVID-19 and dems are blaming this on Donald Trump!

When Joe Biden is President and onwards, we are gonna keep counting all americans that dies of COVID-19 by Joe Biden!

Is Joe Biden is gonna be known for killed most americans in COVID-19?

Biden will inherit the mess that Trump made. Trump will continue to take the blame for the large majority of COVID deaths going forward.

And every other disaster he unleashes. The whining from his supporters will be epic

Are you rooting for the failure of the United States?

Ok Fletch I finally found the numbers for total Europe deaths.

Covid deaths

Europe 623,024
US 389,000

European population 741M
US population 331M

European death rate .08%
US death rate .11%

So the US death rate proportional to population is about 1/3 higher than in Europe.

When Joe Biden starts be President of United States of America

Every american that dies of COVID-19 is gonna be Joe Bidens responsibility

When this thread starts currently 389.000 americans died of COVID-19 and dems are blaming this on Donald Trump!

When Joe Biden is President and onwards, we are gonna keep counting all americans that dies of COVID-19 by Joe Biden!

Is Joe Biden is gonna be known for killed most americans in COVID-19?

As with the economy, whatever happens in the first year of an incoming president's term has largely been predetermined by what happened in the last year(s) of the outgoing president's term.

On the other hand, I have no doubt that if the American death toll stood at 432,109 immediately before Mr. Biden was sworn into office and one person died 1 second after Mr. Biden was sworn into office, ever member of "Claque Trump" would be claiming that "432,110 Americans died under Biden".

America is a democratic country with a republican form of directly elected (through "universal suffrage") representational government.

One shorthand way of referring to countries of that type is as "democracies".

That, however, is NOT the form of government that the Founding Fathers envisioned.

Trump rejects science and helps a virus spread uncontrolled. Americans vote him out largely because of his failures. Joe Biden is elected, at least partially, to fix the damage Trump caused.

Clearly these Covid deaths are Biden's fault.

Ok Fletch I finally found the numbers for total Europe deaths.

Covid deaths

Europe 623,024
US 389,000

European population 741M
US population 331M

European death rate .08%
US death rate .11%

So the US death rate proportional to population is about 1/3 higher than in Europe.
Which is about the same as my example. The death rate here is higher but much of that is due to the early success of the EU's largest country, Germany. They and much of the Eastern European nations avoided the first wave of the virus but not so much now. In fact, Europe just saw its deadliest week ever losing nearly 38,000 people. Plus, I think you are counting Russia in there and Im not sure how much faith we can put in their numbers. Do you think their numbers are as accurate as ours or the Germans? I dont. So you should probably exclude them from any discussion the way you would China. There is an estimate that there reported death toll of 57,000 is closer to 180,000. If thats the case, that would raise the European death rate to .1 and we are .11 Again, that puts to bed the lie that Trump is responsible for the Covid deaths in this country. The election is over, its time for you guys to drop the campaign rhetoric and start making some sense.

Back
Top Bottom