• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden: I Picked Kamala Harris Because She's ˜Ready to Lead on Day One"

no, I am laughing at the claim that Harris's 4 million dollar net worth was due to her own hard work-not inheritance etc. Her government salaries never were near high enough to generate 4 million dollars. The senate salary -since she has been in office is less than 200K a year (179K comes to mind-I could be off a few K). I doubt being the City DA or the California AG paid more than that. she has been working 30 years. if she put 100K a year away, she would have saved 3 million. Now after taxes, expenses etc, what is an average yearly salary of 150K a year going to get you?

OK...you made the claim...where did the $$ come from?

Let's see something besides bitter speculation.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

OK...you made the claim...where did the $$ come from?

Let's see something besides bitter speculation.

I just know that her salary isn't sufficient. How do I know that-one of my main specialties was money laundering cases. I dealt with forensic accountants. I'd have drug dealers whose tax returns showed 35K in income a year and yet they had 250K in cash in a safe in their garage etc. If someone who does this sort of stuff wants to explain how somone grossing-in one of the most expensive places in the USA to live-with among the highest state taxes-could amass 4 million, grossing-on average-less than 160K a year, I'd love to hear how.

Biden's brain is toast. He's thinner than Trump, has far less energy, and was much less intellectually able to start with

In his whole life, The Donald has never been 'intellectually able,' Joe Biden reached his political positions legitimately and articulately. The Donald has done little beyond con millions. Yeah, there's some cunning involved there but there is/was alot of $$$$$$$ backing him that would have been too humiliated to back away after all their investments over the years: banks, lending institutions, TV producers, his father, etc.

Joe Biden is out on his bike, keeping fit, while The Donald is getting packed around the golf course in a cart...and you ridicule Biden's fitness? :doh

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I have conducted enough competency hearings to make an educated opinion about Biden's mental state. and being a hard core political junkie, I have seen lots of Biden: watching a guy who got busted for plagiarism in law school question Judge Bork's ethics in the late 80s. Watching him have orgasms over Clinton's gun ban passing in 1994. and watching him on the campaign in 08. He never was one of the sharper blades in the senate knife cabinet and now he's as dull as a billiard ball.

IMO I dont believe you. Your posts are so biased...you are so incredibly afraid of the Dems in the WH in Nov...that you post with that Trump syndrome I read about...totally assimilated and unable to think independently.

Is Dem victory in Nov worth ALL your credibility?

I just know that her salary isn't sufficient. How do I know that-one of my main specialties was money laundering cases. I dealt with forensic accountants. I'd have drug dealers whose tax returns showed 35K in income a year and yet they had 250K in cash in a safe in their garage etc. If someone who does this sort of stuff wants to explain how somone grossing-in one of the most expensive places in the USA to live-with among the highest state taxes-could amass 4 million, grossing-on average-less than 160K a year, I'd love to hear how.

And that's just more bitter speculation. Zero foundation. What about all the other millionaire Congress critters?

Please. And I come from a family of investors, (I was the black sheep park ranger) so I do know the realistic possibilities.

It is interesting to see how the VP pick affects poll numbers. Biden leads Trump by 4 percentage points in a new national poll. The Biden campaign hopes that she will energize black voters in crucial swing states. Harris' parents are Jamaican and Indian immigrants and she is not an African American.

Lmao
Your funny.

It is interesting to see how the VP pick affects poll numbers. Biden leads Trump by 4 percentage points in a new national poll. The Biden campaign hopes that she will energize black voters in crucial swing states. Harris' parents are Jamaican and Indian immigrants and she is not an African American.

Under Jim Crow would Kamala have been considered black or would they have said "well parents are Jamaican and Indian so she can eat with the white people and sit in the front of the bus"?

no, I am laughing at the claim that Harris's 4 million dollar net worth was due to her own hard work-not inheritance etc. Her government salaries never were near high enough to generate 4 million dollars. The senate salary -since she has been in office is less than 200K a year (179K comes to mind-I could be off a few K). I doubt being the City DA or the California AG paid more than that. she has been working 30 years. if she put 100K a year away, she would have saved 3 million. Now after taxes, expenses etc, what is an average yearly salary of 150K a year going to get you?

All you are saying is "how dare a black woman have more money than you", based on you being a white man.

You don't know a damn thing about her financial skills, nor that of her husband.... all you are saying, is You as a white man, could not figure out how to acquire it. so, you resent and hate the fact that she has more money than you.

We know she did not get it by filing bankruptcy to avoid paying banks and people; and she did not have to lie and fleece the IRS... like Trump!!!

Last edited:
She began her career in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, before being recruited to the San Francisco District Attorney's Office and later the City Attorney of San Francisco's office. In 2003, she was elected district attorney of San Francisco. She was then elected attorney general of California in 2010; she was re-elected in 2014.

Kamala Harris - Wikipedia

Sounds like someone Trump supporters would like.

Harris didn’t didn’t 1 delegate in Dem primary....Dems don’t even like her...lol

Jamaicans have various countries of origin, but the vast majority of Jamaicans are of African descent, with minorities of Europeans, East Indians, Chinese, Middle Eastern and others or mixed ancestry.

Do you think southern slaveholders ever made the fine distinction you're straining to make?

You're embarrassing yourself. If that's possible.

It is interesting that the right are immediately attacking her ethnicity and trying to convince people she isn't black enough or the right kind of black so voters should either stay home or vote for Trump.

Harris didn’t didn’t 1 delegate in Dem primary....Dems don’t even like her...lol

Trump! Good to see you, buddy! Ready to make good on your bet?

Okay, so on or before the month of January, it's your position that it will be revealed that Mifsud is a US intelligence agent/asset/whatever utilized by the FBI or CIA to entrap Papadopoulos, correct?

If so, I'm betting you that won't happen. If I win, you have to make your signature "Cardinal was right and I was wrong" for one month, linking to the bet made in this thread. If you win, I have to make my signature "Trump was right and I was wrong" for one month, linking to the bet made in this thread. None of this "the loser has to leave in exile" nonsense.

Agreed?

I guess you think he should have picked someone who wasn't ready to lead on day one?

You guys are having a hard time finding a decent line of attack on her.

They can’t coalesce behind one strategy just in this thread.......she’s not black enough, too wealthy, bitch, ambitious, blah, blah, blah.

Jamaicans have various countries of origin, but the vast majority of Jamaicans are of African descent, with minorities of Europeans, East Indians, Chinese, Middle Eastern and others or mixed ancestry.

Do you think southern slaveholders ever made the fine distinction you're straining to make?

You're embarrassing yourself. If that's possible.

Hey, be grateful. If you’re not careful we may again be spending another six years looking for her real birth certificate.

They can’t coalesce behind one strategy just in this thread.......she’s not black enough, too wealthy, bitch, ambitious, blah, blah, blah.

...she's a slut, she's too left, she's a slap in the face of the Democratic's left...etc. etc. etc.

She's the first woman of color ever to be on a presidential ticket. She's also a great orator and will skewer "Mother's" husband in the debates. Makes me very proud to be voting Democratic this November!

Nothing about how shes intelligent, wise, experienced, or even has good policies? Youre proud primarily because of her gender, color, and grammar?

Still have a few months...

If by "still have a few months" you mean the time was up last January. Don't be a douche, dude. Pay up.

The first few pages of this thread are wild lol. I never though I would hear conservatives arguing that a candidate isn't black enough.

So colin powell is not african america?

Why not? There is huge enthusiasm in the party for her for VP.

Back
Top Bottom