• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden endorsed, Trump excoriated by nearly 500 retired top military, national security officials

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Even in the magazine, "Military Today' they recently did a poll of a few thousand service members, and the majority endorse Biden. Trump is not well thought of in the military, and I can understand why.

Nearly 500 generals, admirals and former national security officials from both parties endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday, and blasted President Donald Trump as "not equal" to the challenges of the job in a letter released Thursday.

The letter, signed by 489 members of the group called the National Security Leaders for Biden, includes former Obama administration Defense Secretaries Ash Carter, Chuck Hagel and Leon Panetta, along with former Navy Secretary and NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe, who served under both former Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush. Among the retired senior officers is Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who until last year was the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump.

Our country is about to dodge a bullet and remove a corrupt, incompetent, con man who is an enemy of the American people, democracy, and freedom. His cult is going to lose its figurehead outside of twitter.

But we did get an object lesson in how democracy can be overthrown. Watching the Republicans in Congress corrupted, the top positions in government corrupted, the rule of law corrupted, and a third of the people suckered, and a taste of state violence - martial law, repression of dissent, the end of voting. We're lucky trump wasn't more competent as a wannabe dictator, instead just a nasty narcissist.

Remember when Clinton rolled out her list of generals endorsing her and still lost the election? Pepperidge Farm remembers

Remember when Clinton rolled out her list of generals endorsing her and still lost the election? Pepperidge Farm remembers

Yeah, 77,000 votes in three swing states, out of 165 million votes cast.

And ya think he's still hung on to those?

I doubt it. Trump has to win every state he won before. He can miss a single one.

Yeah, 77,000 votes in three swing states, out of 165 million votes cast.

And ya think he's still hung on to those?

I doubt it. Trump has to win every state he won before. He can miss a single one.
Trump is behind in Iowa and Ohio. It's going to be a blow out, which is exactly what we need to squash Trumpism. It dies in November.

Even in the magazine, "Military Today' they recently did a poll of a few thousand service members, and the majority endorse Biden. Trump is not well thought of in the military, and I can understand why.

Any U.S. president who says "get rid of the ballots," as Trump did this week, should be excoriated...and voted out of office.

Our country is about to dodge a bullet and remove a corrupt, incompetent, con man who is an enemy of the American people, democracy, and freedom. His cult is going to lose its figurehead outside of twitter.

That's what I thought in 2016. IMO, he has much better odds to win this year. Now,
- not only he can cheat much better with all his levers of power AND
- not only can he get Russians to finally break into our vote counting systems (last time they attacked election systems in all 50 states - they just need to be successful in few counties), even giving them support as needed (and not just internal polling numbers to identify the best targets),
- NOW he also has full backing of most of GOP to proceed with his planned takeover.

And if everything else fails, 2000 election was decided by Supreme Court - he WILL use that option as his last resort too.

Unless there is an OVERWHELMING defeat, and there will not be, I believe he will stay and demise of this country will ramp up.

Last edited:
And all the good gop trump supporters will say they were never real republicans and they hate america. Speak negatively about their cult leader and you are the enemy no matter how long and ardent of a republican you've been all your life.

Trump is behind in Iowa and Ohio. It's going to be a blow out, which is exactly what we need to squash Trumpism. It dies in November.

Oh, with a guy like Trump, I wouldn't be counting my eggs yet, he just may figure out a way to kill the hen. I wouldn't put nothing past Trump. Let us not forget the dictator 101 lessons he gets from Putin during those 'private' calls. I doubt they are sharing golfing scores.

Any U.S. president who says "get rid of the ballots," as Trump did this week, should be excoriated...and voted out of office.

Well, that's not really enough. If the republicans in the Senate were honorable, actually supporting the constitution and not fear the Trump tweet, if they would do the right thing and honor the oaths of their offices, they would ask Trump to step down and if he is reelected, given that his blatant abuses of power ( threatening a coup, undermining the integrity of the vote, etc ) disqualify him from holding office, immediately when he takes office, the 25th amendment will be invoked. Also, Barr has to go.

remember when a bunch of dumb asses didn't do their homework about our most famous and corrupt con man (the one from New York City)?

yeah. now the whole country has watched his corruption and con game for 4 years. no homework now needed.

Don't get too carried away over Biden ....... no politician should be blindly worshipped = opens doors wide for behind closed doors decisions and massive irresponsible behaviors.

Repubs have been pushing for veterans benefits reductions and some long history of voting against veterans and active duty soldiers.

Nearly 500 generals, admirals and former national security officials from both parties endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday, and blasted President Donald Trump as "not equal" to the challenges of the job in a letter released Thursday.

The letter, signed by 489 members of the group called the National Security Leaders for Biden, includes former Obama administration Defense Secretaries Ash Carter, Chuck Hagel and Leon Panetta, along with former Navy Secretary and NASA administrator Sean O'Keefe, who served under both former Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush. Among the retired senior officers is Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who until last year was the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump.
Among the Military Trump has over 85% support. The Pentagon and DC Swamp the Bureaucrats in Uniform are more likely to support a democrat, even Creepy Joe. That is what you are pointing out.

Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy used and cheered on by idiots.

Democrats used it last cycle too; "500 Generals back Hillary...", "200 economists Favor Clinton over Bernie...", "1000 Pant Suits say they look best on a bowling pin..." etc.

CLINTON, RUBIN AND GLASS STEAGALL

The irony of Bob Rubin: He's an unapologetic arch-capitalist demagogue whose very career is proof that a free-market meritocracy is a myth. Much like Alan Greenspan, a staggeringly incompetent economic forecaster who was worshipped by four decades of politicians because he once dated Barbara Walters, Rubin has been held in awe by the American political elite for nearly 20 years despite having ****ed up virtually every project he ever got his hands on. He went from running Goldman Sachs (1990-1992) to the Clinton White House (1993-1999) to Citigroup (1999-2009), leaving behind a trail of historic gaffes that somehow boosted his stature every step of the way.

As Treasury secretary under Clinton, Rubin was the driving force behind two monstrous deregulatory actions that would be primary causes of last year's financial crisis: the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act (passed specifically to legalize the Citigroup megamerger) and the deregulation of the derivatives market. Having set that time bomb, Rubin left government to join Citi, which promptly expressed its gratitude by giving him $126 million in compensation over the next eight years (they don't call it bribery in this country when they give you the money post factum). After urging management to amp up its risky investments in toxic vehicles, a strategy that very nearly destroyed the company, Rubin blamed Citi's board for his screw-ups and complained that he had been underpaid to boot. "I bet there's not a single year where I couldn't have gone somewhere else and made more," he said.

Despite being perhaps more responsible for last year's crash than any other single living person - his colossally stupid decisions at both the highest levels of government and the management of a private financial superpower make him unique - Rubin was the man Barack Obama chose to build his White House around.

There are four main ways to be connected to Bob Rubin: through Goldman Sachs, the Clinton administration, Citigroup and, finally, the Hamilton Project, a think tank Rubin spearheaded under the auspices of the Brookings Institute to promote his philosophy of balanced budgets, free trade and financial deregulation. The team Obama put in place to run his economic policy after his inauguration was dominated by people who boasted connections to at least one of these four institutions - so much so that the White House now looks like a backstage party for an episode of Bob Rubin, This Is Your Life!

At Treasury, there is Geithner, who worked under Rubin in the Clinton years. Serving as Geithner's "counselor" - a made-up post not subject to Senate confirmation - is Lewis Alexander, the former chief economist of Citigroup, who advised Citi back in 2007 that the upcoming housing crash was nothing to worry about. Two other top Geithner "counselors" - Gene Sperling and Lael Brainard - worked under Rubin at the National Economic Council, the key group that coordinates all economic policymaking for the White House.

And impeached.

Agreed, but wasn't Trump formally impeached already? I believe he was, but he's still in the White House. So I'm not sure that impeachment helped here. If I'm wrong on that, my bad.

Agreed, but wasn't Trump formally impeached already? I believe he was, but he's still in the White House. So I'm not sure that impeachment helped here. If I'm wrong on that, my bad.

Impeached is the accusation part. It leads to a trial to remove the president. My point was, any president who advocates stealing an election, should be impeached and removed.

That's what I thought in 2016. IMO, he has much better odds to win this year. Now,
- not only he can cheat much better with all his levers of power AND
- not only can he get Russians to finally break into our vote counting systems (last time they attacked election systems in all 50 states - they just need to be successful in few counties), even giving them support as needed (and not just internal polling numbers to identify the best targets),
- NOW he also has full backing of most of GOP to proceed with his planned takeover.

And if everything else fails, 2000 election was decided by Supreme Court - he WILL use that option as his last resort too.

Unless there is an OVERWHELMING defeat, and there will not be, I believe he will stay and demise of this country will ramp up.
And here is the next best thing to Trump winning. Trump wins, but the dems take over the senate and keep the house. How long do you think it will be before Trump and Barr are impeached? Along with a bunch of his other criminal cohorts.

Back
Top Bottom