• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden ditches mask at Lincoln Memorial — hours after mandating them

No one is suggesting he has to wear a mask while alone or with members of his immediate family in the White House residence. I would hope people would be reasonable.

you start this thread and then hope that people will be reasonable?

holy shit dude, were you born without a sense of irony?

you start this thread and then hope that people will be reasonable?

holy shit dude, were you born without a sense of irony?
lol. It's not ironic. But no, I wasn't expecting all on the left to be reasonable on this. Hopeful that some will participate in a reasoned discussion.

lol. It's not ironic. But no, I wasn't expecting all on the left to be reasonable on this. Hopeful that some will participate in a reasoned discussion.

it seems if you wish a reasoned discussion from others you should start doing so yourself.....just a thought.

Or you can continue to pick at nits every time the new president sneezes.

it seems if you wish a reasoned discussion from others you should start doing so yourself.....just a thought.

Or you can continue to pick at nits every time the new president sneezes.
I understand that you are trying to deflect here. It requires a more objective view to have a reasoned discussion.

Again - this is holding Joe Biden to the standard he set. He said this was a critical issue, and set the mask policy. Even his own press secretary acknowledged that it's important for the whitehouse to 'set the example'. If we don't hold Joe Biden to his own expectations, who's should we use?

I understand that you are trying to deflect here. It requires a more objective view to have a reasoned discussion.

Again - this is holding Joe Biden to the standard he set. He said this was a critical issue, and set the mask policy. Even his own press secretary acknowledged that it's important for the whitehouse to 'set the example'. If we don't hold Joe Biden to his own expectations, who's should we use?

Like I said, I will eagerly await your next thread about Biden showering without his mask.

If you would like to have a reasoned discussion I would invite you to come to my thread about Biden overstepping his authority by telling cities what to do on their public transportation.

It is impossible to have a reasoned discussion about the picking of nits.

Like I said, I will eagerly await your next thread about Biden showering without his mask.

If you would like to have a reasoned discussion I would invite you to come to my thread about Biden overstepping his authority by telling cities what to do on their public transportation.

It is impossible to have a reasoned discussion about the picking of nits.
I addressed this strawman about the shower above.

Again, this isn't 'nit-picking'. Joe Biden set the standard, and the importance of this issue. Obviously, it's a double-standard.

I addressed this strawman about the shower above.

Again, this isn't 'nit-picking'. Joe Biden set the standard, and the importance of this issue. Obviously, it's a double-standard.

yes, he set the standard and he wears his mask 99% of the time, but the one time that he did not have it on for a photo with his family you people lose your minds.

Nobody but you Trump worshipers give a shit....

why not talk about something that matters, like Biden overstepping his authority

yes, he set the standard and he wears his mask 99% of the time, but the one time that he did not have it on for a photo with his family you people lose your minds.

Nobody but you Trump worshipers give a shit....

why not talk about something that matters, like Biden overstepping his authority
lol. I'm hardly a 'Trump worshiper', but I understand. You are angry and lashing out. Trying to deflect with personal attacks.

We already know this wasn't a single incident - even at that event. The thread was about when he was standing in the memorial apparently waiting, with his mask off. And yes, later he took it off with his extended family to take a picture.

Biden has made a number of bad decisions, and I'm happy to talk about them in their appropriate thread.

All the executive order does is direct the relevant agencies to establish mask and social distancing rules for the federal buildings/lands they administer consistent with CDC guidelines and other applicable law. Did Biden violate any CDC guidelines? Probably not, because it doesn't look like he was within 6 feet of anyone (the memorial was essentially empty) and it is an open-air structure.

That said, it would probably have been better for Biden to have worn a mask to avoid this type criticism, however petty and lacking in critical thinking.

It isn't about following the CDC guidelines, it's about setting an example for people to follow. Have you always cared about petty criticism or is this just a newly found principle that started on 20 Jan?

As a parent watching my children grow up I tired to set the example when they were young by not using profanity around them.

Every now and then I slipped up and a word slipped out.

Thank ****ing god none of you people were around to condemn me as a parent for those slip ups.

I am so pissed off at these Biden scandals!!!
Not wearing a mask on Federal property, within ten feet of another person!! How dare he!!
Oh wait, that other person might have been a marble statue...

tonbricks.gif

Oh but the Rolex!!
OUTRAGE!!!!!!

Outrage Siren empty.jpg

Oh wait, it belonged to his dead son...

tonbricks.gif

The Peloton!!!! OUTRAGE!!!

popcorn muppet.gif

As a parent watching my children grow up I tired to set the example when they were young by not using profanity around them.

Thank ****ing god none of you people were around to condemn me as a parent for those slip ups.
Not even equivalent. A closer analogy would be if you gave your kids a lecture about the dangers of drinking and driving, then popped open a beer as you get in the car to go on a family vacation.

A "slip up" is an accident. You don't "accidentally" remove your mask while in public a year into a pandemic. He intentionally removed his mask. It's not a slip up unless you believe he has dementia and forgot about the safety protocols he put in place. As his press secretary said, this was Biden "celebrating" and enjoying the day. Also remember, it's essentially illegal for you to now celebrate maskless with your family on federal property though. "Rules for thee, but not for me." - Joe Biden

A "slip up" is an accident. You don't "accidentally" remove your mask while in public a year into a pandemic. He intentionally removed his mask. It's not a slip up unless you believe he has dementia and forgot about the safety protocols he put in place. As his press secretary said, this was Biden "celebrating" and enjoying the day.

Yep, he was "celebrating" and enjoying the day and did not stop to think for a minute.

we should probably just shoot him now and be done with it.

Yep, he was "celebrating" and enjoying the day and did not stop to think for a minute.
There's photos showing he previously had his mask on. He intentionally took it off. We're a year into this pandemic. Everyone knows you put on a mask when you're around other people. He signed an executive order mandating it and campaigned on that platform. Your excuses are ridiculous. He's not Jesus, you don't have to defend him with religious fervor.

He previously had his mask on. He intentionally took it off.

Yes, he took it off to talk and he took it off for a family photo from his first day as the President of the United States.

Pretty ****ing crazy on his part, I really do think that shooting him now is the only solution.

Way to set an example!
He has usually worn a mask except when distanced and speaking at a podium outdoors.
You guys don't wear masks, but you're looking for a good example? Hey, when you're desperate, and this is all you have, you go with it as a gotcha!

He has usually worn a mask except when distanced and speaking at a podium outdoors.
You guys don't wear masks, but you're looking for a good example? Hey, when you're desperate, and this is all you have, you go with it as a gotcha!
Who is 'you guys'? I wear a mask, and I'm hardly desperate. If you want to see people who are desperate, look to the people in this thread with deflection, straw men, rationalization, personal attacks, etc.

It certainly isn't 'all I have' as he's come in like a wrecking ball, breaking promises left and right. This is one issue.

And it's hardly a "gotcha"! Biden wasn't tricked or deceived. He set the standard.

Who is 'you guys'? I wear a mask, and I'm hardly desperate. If you want to see people who are desperate, look to the people in this thread with deflection, straw men, rationalization, personal attacks, etc.

It certainly isn't 'all I have' as he's come in like a wrecking ball, breaking promises left and right. This is one issue.

And it's hardly a "gotcha"! Biden wasn't tricked or deceived. He set the standard.
If you expect me to take your word for any of this, I won't.

Yes, he took it off to talk and he took it off for a family photo from his first day as the President of the United States.

Pretty ****ing crazy on his part, I really do think that shooting him now is the only solution.
The three stages of grief:

1. Biden didn't violate his executive order, he's totally allowed to be around people without a mask on federal property. Read the EO, morons!

2. It was only a slip-up, I'm still right!

3. Ok, so apparently you think he should be killed for not wearing a mask!

Argumentum ad absurdum. He's not Jesus, you don't have to defend him with religious fervor.

The three stages of grief:

1. Biden didn't violate his executive order, he's totally allowed to be around people without a mask on federal property. Read the EO, morons!

2. It was only a slip-up, I'm still right!

3. Ok, so apparently you think he should be killed for not wearing a mask!

Argumentum ad absurdum. He's not Jesus, you don't have to defend him with religious fervor.

Yeah, I am still in grief we had to be stuck choosing between two incredibly bad choices like Trump or Biden.

Sadly it will never get better because this is all you people care about, stupid picking of nits over things that matter not one tiny bit

I start a thread about Biden overstepping his authority and none of you people can even respond, as you are all too busy worrying about mask and watches.

Next time you and JasperL should lead with that and move on rather than bending over backwards and losing your minds trying to argue that what he did was recommended by the CDC. Think of all the pages and posts and time and energy you spent trying to defend a "nit".

Back
Top Bottom