• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden ditches mask at Lincoln Memorial — hours after mandating them

dcsports

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

President Biden was spotted going maskless at the Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday night — hours after signing an executive order mandating the use of masks on federal land to battle the coronavirus pandemic.

The newly inaugurated president went bare-faced not only during a televised address to the American people, but also outside the context of the speech, as he stood at the foot of the memorial, C-SPAN footage shows.

The clip showed Biden standing before the towering statue of the nation’s 16th president, another person a short distance to his left at an angle that obscures whether they too were unmasked.

The lapse in coronavirus safety precautions by the 78-year-old president came just hours after he signed an executive order mandating masks on federal property.

Way to set an example!

Way to set an example!
All the executive order does is direct the relevant agencies to establish mask and social distancing rules for the federal buildings/lands they administer consistent with CDC guidelines and other applicable law. Did Biden violate any CDC guidelines? Probably not, because it doesn't look like he was within 6 feet of anyone (the memorial was essentially empty) and it is an open-air structure.

That said, it would probably have been better for Biden to have worn a mask to avoid this type criticism, however petty and lacking in critical thinking.

Way to set an example!
Or get a photo op.

But hey, y'all had a bad couple of months and are in mourning.
.so if you need to lash out go ahead.

We know you are hurting inside.

All the executive order does is direct the relevant agencies to establish mask and social distancing rules for the federal buildings/lands they administer consistent with CDC guidelines and other applicable law. Did Biden violate any CDC guidelines? Probably not, because it doesn't look like he was within 6 feet of anyone (the memorial was essentially empty) and it is an open-air structure.

That said, it would probably have been better for Biden to have worn a mask to avoid this type criticism, however petty and lacking in critical thinking.

HIs policy -- the standard he set:

Accordingly, to protect the Federal workforce and individuals interacting with the Federal workforce, and to ensure the continuity of Government services and activities, on-duty or on-site Federal employees, on-site Federal contractors, and other individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines.

Or get a photo op.

But hey, y'all had a bad couple of months and are in mourning.
.so if you need to lash out go ahead.

We know you are hurting inside.
lol. And you are already deflecting with personal attacks. Should we not hold him accountable to his own policy?

Yep, he was following he EO to the T, his EO refers to the CDC guidelines 12 times when it comes to wearing a mask....and the CDC said it is cool to not wear one standing alone outside

Nope. Posted it above. And while he wasn't standing directly next to anyone, he was hardly alone.

HIs policy -- the standard he set:
Are you hyperfocused on "... should all wear masks ..."?

The context of mask-wearing has been understood for about nine months.

Yep, he was following he EO to the T, his EO refers to the CDC guidelines 12 times when it comes to wearing a mask....and the CDC said it is cool to not wear one standing alone outside
Except he isn't alone. At the very start of the video there is someone standing pretty close off to his side before the camera zooms and pans away to then only frame Biden in the shot. Was that pwrson within 6 feet? Hard to tell, but any reasonable person would say Biden should of had a mask on to set an example with people being close and he didn't.

lol. And you are already deflecting with personal attacks. Should we not hold him accountable to his own policy?
Do you have that policy for us to see?

Or do you just assume what it says because you need to lash out?

I'm quite sure the policy says you don't have to wear one in a swimming pool. Will you come here with pictures of Biden swimming as a gotcha?

Ima say yes.

Nope. Posted it above. And while he wasn't standing directly next to anyone, he was hardly alone.

was anyone within 6 feet of him? NO

this is embarrassing to read. I know you are still pissed your god lost, but damn at least find something real to cry about.

You never held trump accountable for anything.

So don't even ask. How about that?

Its very annoying when armchair commentators think they know how to read legal documents and just clearly do not.

At least he had a mask to remove. Biden should have kept it on.

was anyone within 6 feet of him? NO

this is embarrassing to read. I know you are still pissed your god lost, but damn at least find something real to cry about.
While I can't say for sure that person standing beside Biden at the very beginning of the clip lools to be close to the 6 foot distance.

While I can't say for sure that person standing beside Biden at the very beginning of the clip lools to be close to the 6 foot distance.

you guys are trying too hard. Trust me, Biden will give us lots of things to complain and bitch about, but this is just stupid.

you guys are trying too hard. Trust me, Biden will give us lots of things to complain and bitch about, but this is just stupid.
Pointing out that someone appears to be close enough to Biden that a mask was needed and he didn't wear one isn't trying that hard at all it's simply pointing out an obvious mistake on Biden's part. What's trying too hard is comming up with an excuse to defend his mistake. Pace yourself Biden will screw up enough and need you to cover for him later. Don't burn out in his first 24 hours.

I haven't looked at the clip. Were any of them wearing tan suits? I mean, c'mon, let's really up the list of grievances here :)

Do you have that policy for us to see?

Or do you just assume what it says because you need to lash out?

I'm quite sure the policy says you don't have to wear one in a swimming pool. Will you come here with pictures of Biden swimming as a gotcha?

Ima say yes.
lol - I posted a quote above. It's not hard to find.

And I'm hardly lashing out.

Yes...the standards he set.... as provided in CDC guidelines.
His policy doesn't make that distinction... and neither do the CDC guidelines. They state mask AND physical distancing.

I haven't looked at the clip. Were any of them wearing tan suits? I mean, c'mon, let's really up the list of grievances here :)
Then you should take a few seconds view it and educate yourself as to the topic of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom