• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden: Citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants

That would be a lie.

And the wall was being built under Obama as well.

Even Hillary and Biden was for it until they looked at the polls.

You really should read your own links before posting them, they support what I posted, thanks.

That would be a lie.

And the wall was being built under Obama as well.

Even Hillary and Biden was for it until they looked at the polls.

The Schumer one, I know, is pre-2008 which means, at that time, more were coming in than going out. But since that time, more have been leaving than coming in. So why build a wall now to stop that?

Why do you trust that new immigration “reform” legislation would be coupled with future adequate enforcement funding while that is not the case now nor has it been since the 1986 (post amnesty) “promise”?
Are you saying some of these fixes are on the books and just not funded? The only one I knew about was Wall funding.
As far as DACA goes - why are (undocumented?) immigrants (forever?) special who arrived (as minors up to age 16) between 6/15/2007 and 6/15/2012? What act of congress makes them so legally different than those (undocumented?) immigrants who (allegedly?) arrived (as minors up to age 16) before 6/15/2007 or after 6/15/2012?
As far as DACA goes - why are (undocumented?) immigrants (forever?) special who arrived (as minors up to age 16) between 6/15/2007 and 6/15/2012? What act of congress makes them so legally different than those (undocumented?) immigrants who (allegedly?) arrived (as minors up to age 16) before 6/15/2007 or after 6/15/2012?
Shall we open it to all, then, regardless of when they arrived?
The latest SC ruling has allowed new applicants to apply, for the first time since Trump tried throwing this thing back to Congress to fix. So that might be doable.

A wall that Democrats were demanding until they looked at the polls. Kinda like the gay marriage issue.

****ing hypocrites.
I think it's their job to represent their constituents' wishes. Isn't it? Our support changed over time. Don't know what's wrong with fencIng in high-sneak areas, just not the "Dream Wall" that Trump was promising to the more concrete thinkers among us (pun not intended but apt).

Dems happy now? You got what you voted for?

President-elect Joe Biden has committed to forging "a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people in America" in the first 100 days of his administration.

Its amazing to me that so many people don't know how our government works.

The fact that you think that just because a president wants something or pushes for something that it will automatically happen just made me LOL.

During the 2016 primaries there were 14-15 other Republicans who were more conservative, and followed traditional conservative values FAR more than Trump did.

Yet Trump won easily... 1 of the biggest reasons he won, maybe the biggest was his attacks on Mexicans, illegal immigrants, etc. He was going to make Mexico build a wall that would keep all those illegals out, and throw out the ones who are here.

Yet in 4 years of Trump, Mexico didn't pay for a wall, because a wall doesn't exist.... AND eVerify is still a joke, just like always.. Employers still employ illegals, without any fear, and this STILL goes on everywhere in the country. Even in Republican?trump strongholds.

This has been going on for decades. Republicans don't care about illegals, they never have because their business donors don't want them to care. But somehow the GOP keeps fooling it's base into believing this issue is all the Dems fault.

The Republican base is amazingly gullible..

Are you saying some of these fixes are on the books and just not funded? The only one I knew about was Wall funding.

Shall we open it to all, then, regardless of when they arrived?
The latest SC ruling has allowed new applicants to apply, for the first time since Trump tried throwing this thing back to Congress to fix. So that might be doable.

I’m saying that we have about 10X more federal airport security nannies (TSA agents) than ICE/ERO agents allegedly patrolling (enforcing federal immigration law within) the entire US interior (outside of CBP patrolled areas).

Opening DACA to all (and coupling it with a path to citizenship) would be insane which is why no such bill has hit the floor of congress and even Obama/Biden did not attempt it. The youngest now eligible for the Obama (invented?) DACA ‘deal’ are now adults (at least age 18 and up to age 34). There is no need to throw anything to congress - we currently have congressionally approved federal immigration laws, but they obviously lack adequate enforcement.

Dems happy now? You got what you voted for? President-elect Joe Biden has committed to forging "a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people in America" in the first 100 days of his administration.

Ya mean like Reagan's pathway????

Maybe BushII's pathway???

Don't get too upset over this, rational folks in both parties see the obvious- there needs to be a sane pathway to citizenship instead or the cluster puck currently being used.... ✌

Dems happy now? You got what you voted for?

President-elect Joe Biden has committed to forging "a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people in America" in the first 100 days of his administration.
This is why the GA vote is so important. If the democrats get the Senate they could, do away with the fillabuster rule, change how votes are taken and won and pass whatever they like including granting citizenship to millions of illegal immigrants. Democrats can't even admit to what the problem is, illegal immigration. People entering the country illegally. We don't need to grant a blanket citizenship, it will cause another massive illegal border crossing.

Our turning around Jewish immigrants and sending them back to Europe where they would be consumed by the Holocaust is a result of this grotesque attitude.

No one should be stateless. If we are in a position to help them, we have a moral obligation to do so.

There is no rational argument against it.

So you're offering to sponsor how many yourself? Or are you just babbling PC rubbish and just talking about 'everybody else' paying while your armchair 'social justice warrior' hobby costs you nothing personally like the rest of the Burb Brats?

I hear biden will allow matricula to be accepted for voting.

I think that besides the "dreamers", those who were not born here but raised here,we should also be offering up full citizenship to every single child taken from family members at the border in the past four years, and all their family members as well. It's not going to make up for the human rights abuses and atrocities committed against them, but it will be a good place to start.

This year alone, because of Covid19, over eight thousand children were taken at the border, not processed, not given even a farce of a court hearing nor any representation, but were kept in hotels for weeks, then deported outside the USA, some of them to countries they didn't even come from. Advocates have found far less than a hundred. The rest have disappeared into a virtual black hole.

Knowing that everything Trump accuses the other side of is what he is doing, I am very afraid that those children are being trafficked. No one knows where almost eight thousand children that WE took have gone to. They aren't being talked about because so much other news is going on. But I think of them every single day. I really want others to as well and to pressure legislators to not forget them and to find out what has happened to them.

This is the latest article on it that I know of:

Ya know what? I'm all for a path to citizenship. I want to see better control of borders, but they are here and hopefully working hard. Let's give them a fair shot to do it legally.

Those that don't want to follow our laws once here are my issue. However, I think those are the minority. Let's give them a chance, then get serious. It's a simple comprise

Not exactly - Biden has already walked back his “day one” immigration reform campaign “promises”. I seriously doubt that his “promised” immigration reform package (bill?) will emerge (be presented to congress) within his first 100 days in office either.

Maybe his timeline would be different if he'd had the normally expected access to the WH transition process? Perhaps he's learned now that he cant reverse The Donald's policies with an EO.

I dont remember the statement...what did he promise on "Day One?" Maybe the beginning of that reform campaign?

This is a quote from the article:
Biden pledged to "address the Trump-created humanitarian crisis on our border" starting "day one" of his presidency, including by ending the practice of "deny[ing] asylum to people fleeing persecution and violence."​

1. Raise the minimum wage.
2. Bring the illegal workers out of the shadows and put them in the union.

Problem solved!

Raise the minimum wage.

Aw... more money illegal's can just send home and therefore leave our economy(nice)

and put them in the union

Except UNION workers/leaders don't like your idea(Hello)

Back
Top Bottom