• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joe Biden campaign grows more diverse with people of color making up nearly half of staff

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Joe Biden campaign grows more diverse with people of color making up nearly half of staff

trump-biden-25.jpg

9/14/20
Joe Biden's presidential campaign grew more diverse in its staffing over the summer months with people of color now making up nearly half of the campaign's full-time staff and women on the campaign growing in their majority. Forty-six percent of Biden's full-time staff are people of color, up from 35% percent when the campaign first reported its diversity data in June, according to new figures provided to CNN by a Biden campaign official. Forty percent of senior staffers are people of color, up from 36% ten weeks ago. The number of women on the campaign also grew with 59% of full-time staff identifying as female, up from 53% in June. Five percent of staff chose not to specify race. The campaign did not provide a full staffing breakdown based on race and ethnicity. The new figures are reflective of 622 full-time Biden campaign staff, a campaign official said. "The Vice President is committed to building a campaign team that reflects America. The growth in our diversity numbers reflects that commitment and is another great example of the Vice President demonstrating his values through his actions," said Michael Leach, chief people diversity and inclusion officer for the Biden campaign.

Biden has pledged, if elected, to build an administration that reflects the diversity of the country, including in his staff, cabinet and other government officials. "My administration's going to look like America, not just my staff, the administration from the vice president straight down through Cabinet members to major players within the White House, and the court," Biden said during a June town-hall focusing on issues tied to the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. "It's going to be a reflection of who we are as a nation." The Trump campaign last released its diversity data in June when a spokesperson said 52% of full-time staff were women and senior staff was comprised of 56% women and 25% people of color. At the time, the campaign did not provide a breakdown of people of color on the full-time staff.

Biden's ethnic and racially diversified campaign staff is a refreshing change from Trumps Lilly-white campaign which mirrors his affinity for the white-supremacist movement.

"Joe Biden campaign grows more diverse with people of color making up nearly half of staff"

Is that gonna make up for his brain malfunctions?!?

That's right. Let's see Biden ace the same cognitive test Trump took. Yeah. That'll show'em.

I find it interesting that in 2020 people are still making an issue of the makeup of campaign staff. All it does is continue to promote unrest. For me I don't care what color the person is if they are qualified to do the job. Start treating people for their character and actions.

Do the same people look at sport teams the same way as a campaign staff? Do they look at their own work environment and say there are too many (pick a race)?

Let the crass comments from the Trump supporters begin. :mrgreen:

"Joe Biden campaign grows more diverse with people of color making up nearly half of staff"

Biden is just following President Trump's lead in that area.

At least Joe doesn't read his speeches in a monotone and without emotion. :mrgreen:

Oooo....good counterpoint! The debate is strong in this post!

Don't need to ...

@TrumpWarRoom

Joe Biden: "I'm going to be in... where am I tomorrow?"

His handlers quickly assure him he's going to Florida.

9:06 AM · Sep 14, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

... and then Jill takes him by the hand to help him off the side walk.

:lol:

That's not an unusual statement from people who have travel to many locations in a short period of time. Especially from those who think out loud, like Biden. When I would travel to numerous locations over a short period of time, I would at times think the same thing and look it up or ask so of whom I might be traveling with. It's not unusual. Unlike Melania did with Trump, at least Jill didn't reject Joe's hand and ignore him.

Back
Top Bottom