• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Joe Biden’s Abortion Extremism"

There you go again. What is the church, other than the priests and people? There is no mysterious monolith?
Heh, I notice that you cannot deny any of the horrors and greed and selfishness perpetrated by the RCC.

These CEOs with their huge salaries and lush lifestyles. So much of it on the taxpayer dime. And what do they do? Butcher children and demean women, and they do it for bald PROFIT. Blood money. Yet these are the vile people you defend.
What crimes do you speak of? Please source them. And who cares what they make, we live in basically free market, capitalist society. We dont claim compassion or protection or enlightening of the masses from our corporations. They arent obligated to any of what you claim.

Priests and sisters, on the other hand, devote their lives to God and to God's people. Elevating people. Helping people. All while taking vows of poverty. Such a contrast.
They follow the word of the Pope and Catholic bureaucrats, who have misinterpreted the Bible for their own violent, greedy ends (There's no pope in the Bible!), who dont trickle down the fine wine, silk sheets gourmet food, servants to those poor minions, nor their congregants. And those minions are still forced to lie to those congregants about God's Word, forced to preach hate and intolerance and repression, to ignore and hide their pedophilia, etc.

What crimes do you speak of? Please source them. And who cares what they make, we live in basically free market, capitalist society. We dont claim compassion or protection or enlightening of the masses from our corporations. They arent obligated to any of what you claim.

PP's CEO salary is actually low compared to the salary of other not for profit organizations' CEOs.

Yes, it's a blog, but prove it wrong if you disagree, anti choicers.

Merriam Webster disagrees.

You live life dependent on sources that define you as right. To be right about words you are dependent on MW. To be right about God and women the Church tells you. Live Action gives you right information on abortion . There is no there there, just sources strung together trying to to look like a real person.

You live life dependent on sources that define you as right. To be right about words you are dependent on MW. To be right about God and women the Church tells you. Live Action gives you right information on abortion . There is no there there, just sources strung together trying to to look like a real person.
It’s comical. You people demand sources as proof, then when I provide them, you claim I rely on sources. I’m not the one who needs them.

It’s comical. You people demand sources as proof, then when I provide them, you claim I rely on sources. I’m not the one who needs them.

Most dictionaries are scared 30 colors of brown from the extreme pro-life internet mob so they use words to placate these idiots, the Cambridge dictionary has a very simple definition of child

a boy or girl from the time of birth until he or she is an adult, or a son or daughter of any age

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/child

You don't seem to understand that there is a difference between sources that give factual information about a subject and the writings that support your prejudices.

Now look up the definition of child. A born or unborn person.

From the Vatican come this bit of information on definitions. Apparently the Church thinks the terms zygote embryo and fetus are preferable to tiny baby or unborn person.

"CONGREGATION FOR THE DOCTRINE OF THE FAITH

INSTRUCTION ON RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE IN ITS ORIGIN
AND ON THE DIGNITY OF PROCREATION
REPLIES TO CERTAIN QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

FOREWORD
The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has been approached by various Episcopal Conferences or individual Bishops, by theologians, doctors and scientists, concerning biomedical techniques ............
.........the third part will offer some orientations on the relationships between moral law and civil law in terms of the respect due to human embryos and foetuses* and as regards the legitimacy of techniques of artificial procreation.

* The terms "zygote", "pre-embryo", "embryo" and "foetus" can indicate in the vocabulary of biology successive stages of the development of a human being. The present Instruction makes free use of these terms, attributing to them an identical ethical relevance, in order to designate the result (whether visible or not) of human generation, from the first moment of its existence until birth. The reason for this usage is clarified by the text (cf I, 1)."

You don't seem to understand that there is a difference between sources that give factual information about a subject and the writings that support your prejudices.
It's not that surprising...he even swears by the RCC which intentionally misinterprets The Bible and invents things completely, like Popes (and then has to invent things to make excuses for Popes, like ex Cathedra)...it's carefully designed to indoctrinate. He is 100% committed to the cultlike extreme of that religion.

From the Editors of National Review Online:

Following Biden’s executive order, that large pot of federal funding [nearly $9 billion] once again will flow indiscriminately to foreign-aid groups such as Planned Parenthood International and other organizations whose chief aim is to profit from an increased number of abortions around the globe — including in countries that reject abortion.

...Though pro-abortion activists cheered these moves, the average American appears to have little interest in forcing the taxpayer to fund abortion. Polling suggests that a majority of the public opposes using U.S. aid money to fund abortions overseas, as do most Democrats and even most who call themselves pro-choice. Likewise, a majority opposes federal funding for abortion here in the U.S., including about a third of Democrats and pro-choice voters.

Despite Biden’s efforts to hide behind his Catholic faith and avoid defending his extremist abortion policy, under his administration, Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers need no longer choose between providing abortion and profiting at taxpayer expense. https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/joe-bidens-abortion-extremism/

Today is the annual national March for Life. From its website: "[We are] the largest annual human rights demonstration in the world. But this is not just a protest… TOGETHER, WE GATHER TO CELEBRATE LIFE. We celebrate each and every life, from the moment of conception. We envision a world where every life is celebrated, valued, and protected." National March for Life - March for Life
1612377953973.png

Does any Executive Order by Biden affect the Hyde Amendment from still limiting federal funding of abortions? Is there a timetable for revoking the Hyde Amendment?

I cannot find figures for US funding of abortions in 2021.

Google search:

Has the Biden administration done anything yet, to reverse the Hyde Amendment prohibition on Federal funding for abortions? What have they done?

Does Joe have persuasion over the Blue Dog Democrats? Can Joe keep his promise to revoke the Hyde amendment?

Does any Executive Order by Biden affect the Hyde Amendment from still limiting federal funding of abortions? Is there a timetable for revoking the Hyde Amendment?

Hyde can only be repealed by a vote in the Senate. Executive Orders have no effect on it. But, Biden's EO can re-start desperately needed funding in foreign countries for clinics that provide contraceptives, other reproductive services and education that Trump stopped with his EO.

As of Dec 29, 2020, there were 15 active Blue Dogs in the US House of Representatives. The Democrats have only a 10 vote majority in the US House.

//

Last edited:
There are 15 Democratic U. S. Senators that are Catholic.

Do the Catholic democratic Senators coordinate with the House Blue Dog Democrats?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_affiliation_in_the_United_States_Senate#Catholics_(25)

With the Blue Dog Democrats taking the lead in the past, perhaps the Democratic Pro-Life US Senators could avoid publicity on the Hyde abortion amendment. Does Biden have enough leverage in the Senate with Democrats, to pass funding for women's health issues?

//

" Repealing these pro-life provisions would destroy nearly half a century of bipartisan consensus. Each year since 1976, Congress has included Hyde protections in annually enacted appropriations. No president in American history has ever vetoed an appropriations bill due to its inclusion of the Hyde Amendment. Moreover, President Obama maintained the Hyde Amendment in each of his budget proposals. As recent as June 2019, former Vice President Joe Biden supported the Hyde Amendment and acknowledged that it works harmoniously with federal funding for women’s healthcare. "

Is the Hyde abortion funding amendment included in all currently pending US government funding bills?

Does Biden plan to apologize for not being able to keep his promise to revoke the Hyde Abortion limitations on funding for women's health issues?

//

Last edited:
I am still not sure what is "extremist" about Joe Biden's abortion views, 2/3 of all Americans polled support Roe v. Wade.

When people were asked 2 years ago, only 24% wanted to make it harder to get an abortion, 41% wanted to keep it as it is now and 32% wanted getting an abortion made easier. So 73% wanted to keep attaining an abortion at this level or easier. That does not make Biden's views an extremist view, he has the view which the majority of Americans have at this moment.

From the Editors of National Review Online:
Today is the annual national March for Life. From its website: "[We are] the largest annual human rights demonstration in the world. But this is not just a protest… TOGETHER, WE GATHER TO CELEBRATE LIFE. We celebrate each and every life, from the moment of conception. We envision a world where every life is celebrated, valued, and protected." National March for Life - March for Life

Then damn-it, be honest celebrate each and every life: celebrate the life of the mother, the life of the father, the life of the already born children, the lives of the grandparents and who ever else is involved in child raising in that family with the unplanned pregnancy and the prospects of an unwanted child. Pro-choice too, envisions a world where every life is celebrated, valued and protected not just the life of an accidental fetus.

Then damn-it, be honest celebrate each and every life: celebrate the life of the mother, the life of the father, the life of the already born children, the lives of the grandparents and who ever else is involved in child raising in that family with the unplanned pregnancy and the prospects of an unwanted child. Pro-choice too, envisions a world where every life is celebrated, valued and protected not just the life of an accidental fetus.

I'm not sure why you think that "each and every life" is exclusive rather than inclusive. There is no need to redefine "each" and "every"; "each and every life" means all lives.

I'm not sure why you think that "each and every life" is exclusive rather than inclusive. There is no need to redefine "each" and "every"; "each and every life" means all lives.

So If I asked all those nice anti-abortion people marching around the capitol every January (except this year) whose life they were celebrating everybody would solemnly intone, "We are celebrating everyone's life, all lives."

Right!
From the Right to Life March website comes this little gem celebrating everybody's life
TOGETHER,
WE STAND FOR
THE UNBORN

Abortion is the most significant human rights abuse of our time. Will you take a stand?
JOIN US FOR THE
NATIONAL MARCH FOR LIFE

Washington, D.C. | January 21, 2022

So much for the fathers and mothers and already born children and grandparents etc. The smarmy hypocrisy and inability to be honest are the least charming characteristics of the anti-abortion movement.

Back
Top Bottom