• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe’s Fearsome Weapon Against Trump: Simple Decency

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

preview.jpg

8/21/20
WASHINGTON — Whenever I called my mom to tell her something bad had happened, she said, “I know.” As Daniel Patrick Moynihan famously put it, “To be Irish is to know that, in the end, the world will break your heart.” Joe Biden has had his heart broken again and again and again. And yet somehow — against all odds, in one of the most remarkable resurrections in political history — Biden stood with a full heart before an empty hall to accept his party’s nomination. At 77, he has spent half-a-century running races; he has been dismissed and written off and gotten tangled up in his own missteps. He has been immobilized by grief, slowed by age and imprisoned by this plague. And yet the old war horse has made it to his party’s winner’s circle — and he has a real shot at the Oval. Through all of his travails and disappointments — as he went from being a cocky 29-year-old senator-elect to a chastened 72-year-old vice president pushed aside for Hillary Clinton — he never lost his passion for the American ideal that anything is possible if you work hard enough and dream big enough. And that is how he cast his vision for America — in mythic terms of light and darkness, empathy and cruelty, decency and despicability.

Never naming Donald Trump in his speech, Biden vowed to be “an ally of the light, not of the darkness,” and to help us “overcome this season of darkness in America.” The antidote to Trump’s dystopia, he said, would be the illumination of Ella Baker, a civil rights icon: “Give people light and they will find a way.” Malignant neglect was the theme of the week, capped when Biden charged that Trump’s failure to protect the nation during the pandemic was “unforgivable.” It was gratifying to hear the Obamas finally say, with such icy contempt, what we knew they were thinking about Donald Trump. In one of the most moving convention scenes ever, Brayden, a 13-year-old from New Hampshire, courageously and charmingly talked about how Joe Biden, who has had a lifelong struggle with stuttering, tried to help him with his own stutter. (As opposed to Trump’s denigration of the disabled.) The teenager said that Biden “told me about a book of poems by Yeats he would read out loud to practice.” He concluded that he was supporting Biden because “we need the world to feel better.” Biden loves to use the Yeats line from “Easter, 1916,” about a world “all changed, changed utterly.” So, please, change it. Utterly.

How refreshing would it be for a president to show empathy? To experience quiet days marked with the absence of unending vulgar twitter attacks on our fellow Americans?

Just the thought of America in the hands of a decent and caring President Joe Biden brings a smile to the face.

Basic decency is for ******s, homosexuals and communists.

Murca!

preview.jpg

How refreshing would it be for a president to show empathy? To experience quiet days marked with the absence of unending vulgar twitter attacks on our fellow Americans?

Just the thought of America in the hands of a decent and caring President Joe Biden brings a smile to the face.

When ya got nothing else you use what they think you got if they think it'll help as long as you can keep faking it.

Yup. The Chinese are lining up for hugs!

You really don't have to post dishonest posts. The Chinese said that they'd prefer Trump to lose not that they'd interfere with the election. On the other hand, Trump encouraged such interference by the Russians in 2016 and the Russians are going to try again.

Patriotic Americans shout have distain for any candidate that wants a foreign power to help them.

The OP is showing the clear distinction in character between Biden and Trump. Trump mocks the disabled, while Biden encourages them to overcome their disability and shows sincere compassion. It's remarkable that his supporters are so in the hole with Trump.

America under a Biden presidency would still be America, both because Biden is an infinitely better human being than Trump and because the Democratic Party wouldn’t enable abuse of power the way Republicans have. A second term of Trump will make America like Fidesz in Hungary — a regime that maintains the forms of popular elections, but have destroyed the independence of the judiciary, suppressed freedom of the press, institutionalized large-scale corruption and effectively delegitimized dissent. The result seems likely to be one-party rule because the tools of the government are used to keep that party in power.

Last edited:
At some point the Democrat nominee is going to be forced to stand for something other than “Orange Man Bad” and I’m going to raise your taxes.

You really don't have to post dishonest posts. The Chinese said that they'd prefer Trump to lose not that they'd interfere with the election. On the other hand, Trump encouraged such interference by the Russians in 2016 and the Russians are going to try again.

Patriotic Americans shout have distain for any candidate that wants a foreign power to help them.

Did you hear that ,la was duped into agreeing to accept an audio of Trump from a Greta Thundberg impersonator?
"Thank you, that would be wonderful".
Kamala Harris duped by Greta Thunberg impersonator in climate change phone call slamming Trump | Fox News
You have disdain for ,la now?

According to Bolton, all Trump does is beg President Xi to help Trump get reelected.

Some strong stance against China that is.

I myself think 'decency' is a powerful message.

I hope at least half the voter base is decent enough to allow it to prevail! <-- see what I did there

In terms of decency, there is no contest. Biden wins hands down.

You'd really have to have your head in the sand not to see the difference between the two in that regard.

Nonetheless, I would like to see Biden start focusing more on policy.

At some point the Democrat nominee is going to be forced to stand for something other than “Orange Man Bad” and I’m going to raise your taxes.

The fact that he has undercuts your assertion that he hasn't. You need to pull your head out from the (Fox) hole.

Specifics: Joe's Vision and policy ideas

According to Bolton, all Trump does is beg President Xi to help Trump get reelected.

Some strong stance against China that is.
He begs Xi, extorts Easter European nations, and bribes Middle Eastern nations.

Mark my words:

When Trump's term is finished, and the governments of the other nations around the world can speak freely, we're going to hear some tales that will be beyond belief. Or at least, beyond the beliefs we held prior to Trump.

In terms of decency, there is no contest. Biden wins hands down.

You'd really have to have your head in the sand not to see the difference between the two in that regard.

Nonetheless, I would like to see Biden start focusing more on policy.
In his nomination acceptance speech, I thought Biden did a decent job of presenting his ideologies and the focuses of his administration. Hopefully, that will springboard into more in-depth policy discussion. But I'm not sure it will be more effective than promoting the rationale for the removal of Trump from office. This last, is a very powerful message.

This statement appears to be lacking in reality.

Joe is a mature adult male.

Trump is not.

This statement appears to be lacking in reality.

How do? The only two things we got from the Democrats convention is Trump is bad and we need tax increases. If you can express an opposing view without trolling, do so.

The OP is showing the clear distinction in character between Biden and Trump. Trump mocks the disabled, while Biden encourages them to overcome their disability and shows sincere compassion. It's remarkable that his supporters are so in the hole with Trump.

America under a Biden presidency would still be America, both because Biden is an infinitely better human being than Trump and because the Democratic Party wouldn’t enable abuse of power the way Republicans have. A second term of Trump will make America like Fidesz in Hungary — a regime that maintains the forms of popular elections, but have destroyed the independence of the judiciary, suppressed freedom of the press, institutionalized large-scale corruption and effectively delegitimized dissent. The result seems likely to be one-party rule because the tools of the government are used to keep that party in power.

Oh give me a break...

Biden is not a decent man.

Treating sexual harassed victim Anita Hill badly during the confirmation of Clarence Thomas
Law school plagiarist
Lied about his academics credentials
Accused of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct, (bad optics-hugging and hair sniffing) around females and little girls
A lifelong record of using inappropriate racial rhetoric; 'you ain't black if you vote of Trump', etc, etc. etc.....
A lifelong neo-con
A lifer, DC do nothing as usual Career politician with an unimpressive legislative record, who lived off the public teat for 40 plus years.
Against the constitutional rights of gun owners

Rejected twice as a two time presidential candidate by the people

Combine the above with a lack of mental impairment and it's a recipe for disaster.

Even Obama said he has a way of ****ing things up, fwiw.

preview.jpg

What's great about Joe's play here is that the average Trumper completely fails to get it. Those people are that far gone.

preview.jpg

A choreographed moment to sway the gullible. Apparently, it worked on at least one supporter

The reality is that Biden's a mean, crude, crass and temperamental light-weight. He got aggressive and combative during the primaries. He insulted people who were there to see and support him.

Oh give me a break...

Biden is not a decent man.

Treating sexual harassed victim Anita Hill badly during the confirmation of Clarence Thomas
Law school plagiarist
Lied about his academics credentials
Accused of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct, (bad optics-hugging and hair sniffing) around females and little girls
A lifelong record of using inappropriate racial rhetoric; 'you ain't black if you vote of Trump', etc, etc. etc.....
A lifelong neo-con
A lifer, DC do nothing as usual Career politician with an unimpressive legislative record, who lived off the public teat for 40 plus years.
Against the constitutional rights of gun owners

Rejected twice as a two time presidential candidate by the people

Combine the above with a lack of mental impairment and it's a recipe for disaster.

Even Obama said he has a way of ****ing things up, fwiw.

:lamo

Trump has NEVER ONCE criticized Xi of China nor Vlad of Ru$$ia. The silence in regards to Putin’s poisonings from the trump admin is deafening.

Only dictators say if they don’t win an election it was rigged. Trump has destroyed everything sacred in this Nation, now to include the USPS and our elections.

Sorry, are we talking about this man?

Watch Joe call the questioner "Fat" at 0:48, for some extra entertainment.

How do? The only two things we got from the Democrats convention is Trump is bad and we need tax increases. If you can express an opposing view without trolling, do so.
Ref: (Biden.com) Joe's Vision

But I will admit Trump being in office, is the root of a great many of the problems, and he is the one thing that has the greatest negative impact. So, I believe Biden would do well to keep Trump (and his pandemic / economic failures) as the centerpiece of his campaign.

Get rid of Trump, we can then address the pandemic; with that, the economy and our kids' educations will come back. But it does all start with Trump. And, Biden needs to put that at the forefront - without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom