• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

JOBS: Realistically What is your Idea

http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbf...rs-are-china-s-newest-underclass-t114581.html

China's High-Tech Underclass

Using the information I supplied below tell me what you think a realistic salary would be for an American worker and then tell me how you think Americans can compete with the Chinese worker

If we put every unemployed American to work making $100.00 per week what do you think they could do with their left over money?

Realistic left in a hurry when we gave China favorite nations trading status and realistically its not coming back any time soon.

So now that we have taking a realistic look at the problem what do you suggest we do?

When I was in the service one trainee asked our jump instructor what to do if both his main and reserve chute didn’t open the instructor replied circle the drop zone twice grab you a-- and come in for a crash landing

Again what do you realistically suggest that we do?

At first glance, Guo Yilei looks like a Chinese success story. Born to a poor peasant family in China’s remote Gansu province, he’s now a 26-year-old computer programmer in the Big Cabbage (as some call Beijing nowadays). By Chinese standards he makes decent money, more than $70 a week. When he has work, that is. It can take months to find the next job. And meanwhile, he’s living in Tangjialing, a reeking slum on the city’s edge where he and his girlfriend rent a 100-square-foot studio apartment for $90 a month. “When I was at school, I believed in the saying, ‘Knowledge can help you turn over a new leaf,’” says Guo. “But since I’ve started working, I only half-believe it.”

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90882/7083541.html

3500 Chinese yuan = 532.6195 U.S. dollars
100 Chinese yuan = 15.2177 US dollars

The top three cities with the highest starting salaries for college graduates

1. Shanghai – 3,500 yuan = $532.00 USD monthly
2. Shenzhen — 3,200 yuan = $486.96 USD Monthly
3. Beijing — 3,000 yuan= $456.53 USD Monthly

The average wage in 2010 for a Chinese worker is $1.84 per hour x 40= $73.60 per week

$73.60 per week I wonder if that is before or after tax, The horses are out of the barn now what?

Wages arent comparable and we can NEVER compete if we are trying to compare US standard of living to other countries. The minimum wage for a fry cook at McDonalds guarantees they will make more than a week than some people will in a lifetime.

1-Tax incentives for American manufacturers to open plants in America.
2-Incentives for foreign businesses to open plants in America.
3-Tariffs on ALL goods manufactured in foreignh countries by American companies being shipped to the US for resale.
4-Reasonable but effective pollution controls and standards
5-Insist corporate America and Union leaders sit down and renogotiate based on ACTUAL cost to manufacture items, reasonable profits, reasonable salaries.
6-Lock congress down until they have resolved this problem. It is the primary focus of EVERY day...Monday through Saturday, 10 hours a day, no vacations, until the economy is rolling in a positive direction.
7-Gut the fed and pay down the debt. Its unsustainable and stiffling the economy.
8-Create a business commission to get small medium and large business input on what they need most from the govft to be successful.

Wages arent comparable and we can NEVER compete if we are trying to compare US standard of living to other countries. The minimum wage for a fry cook at McDonalds guarantees they will make more than a week than some people will in a lifetime.

Since we live in the USA and not China we have to be able to earn a living that will at least enable a person to feed clothe and house their family,

1-Tax incentives for American manufacturers to open plants in America.

Good idea tie the incentive into their building and staying in the USA

2-Incentives for foreign businesses to open plants in America.

Great idea

3-Tariffs on ALL goods manufactured in foreignh countries by American companies being shipped to the US for resale.

You are reading my mind

4-Reasonable but effective pollution controls and standards

If a foreign corporation wants to do business in the USA they should be required to at least meet minium pollution standards and to adhere to human rights laws

5-Insist corporate America and Union leaders sit down and renogotiate based on ACTUAL cost to manufacture items, reasonable profits, reasonable salaries.

I think we are at a point of where their has to be some give on every level from the CEO, stock holders and employees at all levels

6-Lock congress down until they have resolved this problem. It is the primary focus of EVERY day...Monday through Saturday, 10 hours a day, no vacations, until the economy is rolling in a positive direction.

You may have to water board them to get them to sit at the same table, but your right we are in deep economic trouble and those we elect to represent us need to get started
7-Gut the fed and pay down the debt. Its unsustainable and stiffling the economy.

I don't think we have to gut the fed, their are other ways to bring down the debt they need to be explored and acted on

8-Create a business commission to get small medium and large business input on what they need most from the govft to be successful.

A great idea

We actually need to send the administration, senate and congress on a two week vacation then we need to sit down and hammer out a plan to get our country back on course

Back
Top Bottom