• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

job interview

saffron

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have a job interview tomorrow. I hope I get the job, it's close by and decent wages too. :shock:

Best of luck! Charm'em crazy!;)

Do you know what your going to say if they ask you...
  • Tell us about yourself.
  • If your hired, how will the company benefit from your skills?
  • What do you bring to the table?
  • Do you have any references and may I contact them?
  • How did you hear about this job?
  • What do you expect from us?
  • What is you ideal position?
  • What are your weaknesses?
  • What are your strengths?
  • Have you ever worked here before?
Of coarse, none of that means anything if you don't hear the magic words...
  • When can you start?

WEll it went well, and none of those questions were asked. The interview was gotten through an agency. The agency tests their applicants and sends us to the jobs that we are already qualified for. This one I was particularly interested in because it is only 3 - 5 minutes away from where I live and about 1/8 of the way to my school where I need to be every night. So the woman who would be my supervisor interviewed me and it went well. We are waiting to hear back from the owner of the company. I may have gotten this job.

I also had an interveiw at the Los Angeles Times 2 weeks ago, but they needed much overtime that I could not do. And it was quite a long way away.

George_Washington said:
Just tell them your friends with the famous George Washington and you'll get hired for sure.
Hahahaha, too late I already had the interview.:lol: :2wave:

Originally posted by saffron
WEll it went well, and none of those questions were asked. The interview was gotten through an agency. The agency tests their applicants and sends us to the jobs that we are already qualified for. This one I was particularly interested in because it is only 3 - 5 minutes away from where I live and about 1/8 of the way to my school where I need to be every night. So the woman who would be my supervisor interviewed me and it went well. We are waiting to hear back from the owner of the company. I may have gotten this job.

I also had an interveiw at the Los Angeles Times 2 weeks ago, but they needed much overtime that I could not do. And it was quite a long way away.
You didn't get the job.

Billo_Really said:
You didn't get the job.
I did get the job. I just got a call on my cell while I was at lunch with my mother. I start thursday at 8 a.m.:mrgreen:

I did get the job. I just got a call on my cell while I was at lunch with my mother. I start thursday at 8 a.m.
Good for you and I hope you do well. I'd wish you good luck, but its better to be good than lucky.

Billo_Really said:
Good for you and I hope you do well. I'd wish you good luck, but its better to be good than lucky.

Yea I echo that.. Good luck, wait, there's no such thing as luck, I believe it all comes down to our wits.

At the last minute (and I do mean the last minute) I called in and said I didn't want it. I'd found another job through my school where there are flexible hours. needless to say, the agency was very mad, they "terminated" me. :rofl

At the last minute (and I do mean the last minute) I called in and said I didn't want it. I'd found another job through my school where there are flexible hours. needless to say, the agency was very mad, they "terminated" me.
Told ya you didn't get the job.

Back
Top Bottom