• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jimmy Buffett: Loyal fans more important than 'stupid law'

I would love to go to a jimmy buffet concert. I have heard they are amazing.

been to a bunch

laid back audience getting drunk and enjoying the mood

margaritaville is a great place to be....

It punishes them for electing an apparently incompetent government who are willing to pass a stupid law and throw away jobs.

You are sure every one of the people that would have attended the concert voted for the lawmakers that voted the way you don't like?

How about people from neighboring states that drive in for the concert?

How about the people visiting N.C. residents that wanted to go to that concert?

LOL, repealing all state laws against discrimination at work and all local laws against discrimination against LGBT does matter to real people. It's more than 'hurt feelings,' but if that's all you see at stake - hurt feelings - then no doubt ANY reaction to the law other than a shrug of the shoulders would be too much.

Who are the non-real people you think approve of this law?

Who are the non-real people you think approve of this law?

I don't have any idea what your point is. If you have one, better to just make it directly. Mine was obvious. If you are a victim of discrimination at work in NC this bill will negatively affect you in significant ways by making it much harder to sue and seek redress for the harms suffered. Maybe you think that's a good thing, but it's BS to claim that it's no big deal.

I don't have any idea what your point is. If you have one, better to just make it directly. Mine was obvious. If you are a victim of discrimination at work in NC this bill will negatively affect you in significant ways by making it much harder to sue and seek redress for the harms suffered. Maybe you think that's a good thing, but it's BS to claim that it's no big deal.

You said "repealing all state laws against discrimination at work and all local laws against discrimination against LGBT does matter to real people"

Who are the people that are not real?

Well if you enjoyed yourself then thats great. :)

As for me, I never even heard of him until I was overseas despite growing up in So Cal in the Eighties, it seems his songs were never on the radio!

Hmm, that description fits the Eagles to a T!

If you listened to KROC, you probably wouldn't have heard his music.

You said "repealing all state laws against discrimination at work and all local laws against discrimination against LGBT does matter to real people"

Who are the people that are not real?

Not interested in playing word games. I restated the point. If that's too difficult for you to grasp, then there's no point having a conversation.

If you listened to KROC, you probably wouldn't have heard his music.

LOL I only started listening to KROQ in the mid-80's after Magic (which played Top 40) turned into an all-dance radio station- I think it was renamed Power. :mrgreen:

I’m pretty sure the moment you start liking Jimmy Buffett is the moment you give up any hope of caring about your life. It’s also the moment you stop caring about things like chord changes or rhythm or sobriety.

Margaritaville ain't a bad tune but honestly we were hanging out on the boardwalk in Clearwater Florida one balmy summer night enjoying beers and the summer breeze and I swear every 10 minutes someone played Margaritaville. I wanted to kill......

People just want to be entertained and have a little fun, and that is always found at a JB concert.

Have family who like Jimmy Buffett, and that's pretty much how I'd describe the music. It's fun, lighthearted stuff to listen to on a weekend (only Buffett concert I ever was at was when I was under 10 so no idea how the concerts are).

Well, there's that, and also paying for it out of the performers who cancels' wallet. Last time I checked, cancelling a show for political reasons isn't listed as a condition precedent. The show will go on, or Springstein and Adams are going to pay for it not to go on... Dumb asses!

Tim-

And that cancellation money only goes to the company managing the arena/gigs. The event staff that was going to work that day are **** out of luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom